Group 2 (2/8-2/14) Check-in w/o 7/8

EDD/W+D:

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appts:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant?

Re: Group 2 (2/8-2/14) Check-in w/o 7/8

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 2/13, 8w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out (in about a week!)

Baby is the size of a(n): 1/2 LEGO 

Upcoming appts: none for a few weeks

How are you feeling?: Seriously exhausted all the time. And hungry.

Rants/Raves: So I’m loving that I only have food aversions, and only get queasy if I don’t eat right away. I was so sick with DS. But also, now I’m hungry all the time and have gained weight already 😒

Questions:

GTKY: Feeling kiddo move, and not having to suck in my gut!!
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  EDD 2/14, 8 weeks + 4 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): keyboard key

Upcoming appts: ultrasound tomorrow

How are you feeling?: nauseous and tired 

Rants/Raves: rants- I’m sick of being sick. Raves: I love getting ultrasounds.

Questions: where to go on a baby moon?

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant?  I can’t wait to actually see a bump. With my daughter I didn’t show until almost 8 months, but this time it’s twins and my pants are already getting more snug.
  • Options
    @merigoround Good luck at your appointment!!! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @brookert615 that’s so exciting about your SIL! When I was pregnant with DS, my SIL became pregnant 3 months later. It was fun being pregnant together!
  • Options
    @merigoround we did our final babymoon in London and loved it. We had been there before so I didn’t feel the need to run around and see everything, plus it’s not a place known for wine, we we hung out in the city for a few days, saw some sights, ate some great food and had a blast. Most of the Caribbean is out/Mexico because of Zika unfortunately. We also did pre-pregnancy trips to Portugal, Croatia and Marrakech. We loved them all but Portugal would be great for a babymoon (not too far, very safe, great seafood!) 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 2-12-20/8w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appts: Had my first appointment today. Right on target! Next 8/6/19

How are you feeling?: Still nauseated, but overall fine

Rants/Raves: None. All is well

Questions: None

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? The somersaults, rolls and nudges of this baby. And then, of course, a safe, healthy baby and delivery.
  • Options
    @kaeineurope In laws who deal with daily dinner sounds awesome!

@daffodil_shoe I'm with you on the exhaustion. It's too much!! Come on second tri energy boost!

@brookert615 OMG! I'm so excited for you (and totally jealous). That's going to be so much fun being pregnant at the same time and having close cousins!

EDD/W+D: 2/11 8+6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out (but not until 20wks)

Baby is the size of a(n): Popcorn

Upcoming appts: July 17th, u/s and bloodwork screening

How are you feeling?: More exhausted than nauseated now. MS has gone from throwing up and feeling queasy to extreme food aversion and feeling "too full" really quickly. Like I can only eat half of a normal meal, then I have to wait 2 hours, then eat the rest later as a snack. If I get too hungry and eat a whole meal I feel sick and exhausted for the rest of the day. In summary, I'm over first tri. Are we into adorable bellies and nesting yet? (I know I said I'd savor it, but I'm wishing the time away now and regret nothing!)

Rants/Raves: LOL see above.

Questions:

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? Feeling the baby move. My fingers are crossed for a posterior placenta this time. Last time it was completely anterior and I felt nothing until 20 weeks. Even as the baby got huge movements were much more subtle than bellies I've seen with posterior placentas. I'd kill to get to see a little foot go across!
  • Options
    @craftywitch Right! We are the same age, too! So it should be fun to hopefully get together during my maternity leave! Oh man, that's wild your symptoms flopped! Food and eating are just confusing LOL. 
    TW
  • Options
    @craftywitch I had an anterior placenta with DS too. I did start feeling movement at 18.5 weeks. But I have no other full-term pregnancy to compare it with. It would be cool if I could see or feel more this time if I get a posterior! 
  • Options
    @brookert615 Coincidentally, my SIL (hubby's sister) is also expecting and is about two weeks behind us. We are also super excited about cousins!! My parents lived really far away from their families, so we only saw our cousins every 2-3 years. And hubby and his sister were about 10 years younger than their cousins so even though they lived near each other, it wasn't quite the same. My SIL and I want to make an effort to ensure our kids grow up closer than our generation did. At least live on the same side of the country, lol.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: Feb. 10 - 9+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Green :)

Baby is the size of a(n): Olive/Cherry

Upcoming appts: July 23 - getting closer -- 2 weeks from tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: Surprisingly good! It almost is worrying. I still am tired and have sore boobs but the nauseousness/MS isn't there. 

Rants/Raves: None this week.

Questions: None for the moment.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? Being out of the " Did she eat too many tacos?" phase and into the "She's pregnant!" phase.
  • Options
    @brookert615 @noxacanthus - We have a friend that is due a couple weeks ahead of us. I was always worried that being "older" (32) and having my first that my kid would always be the youngest around (like I was). I am excited that we get to do this together. 

@kiwi2628 - Portugal sounds amazing. I definitely want to do a baby moon but have to decide when/where?

• Options
    @brookert615 thank you!
    @kiwi2628 international sounds like fun! I have to check out travel prices.  
  • Options
    @noxacanthus What a coincidence! Haha! That’s awesome you guys are making a point that the cousins get to have a relationship! It’s so important!

@burr1371 That is so wonderful! That’s great you get to experience it with a friend! One of my good friends is due in December so it’s kind of nice to have others that are close!
    TW
  • Options
    @burr1371 @brookert615 Its awesome that we all have someone in real life to go through this with, too. A physical shoulder to cry on if needed. 
  • Options
    @noxacanthus Totally agree! It's funny because she's going through the frustrations I was a couple weeks ago so I can feel helpful with some tips! She's going to the same doctor and delivering at the same hospital, too. So wild lol.
    TW
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: Feb 13, 8w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appts: July 11 - only a few days, yay! My first appointment 

How are you feeling?: Tired and nauseous all the time. Have to make sure I eat just the right amount because I’m sick if I’m hungry but then I’m really sick if I overeat.

Rants/Raves: I’m really not excited about work right now and it sucks (I’m teaching summer school). I normally love my job so it’s not fun to feel this way. I think it’s the feeling sick and exhausted all the time that’s not helping.

Questions: Not this week!

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? Baby kicks and then the end result! Also, it’ll be nice to not be so self conscious about my stomach area.
  • Options
    @aleciaraez Good luck at your appointment! 
    TW
  • Options
    I had my appointment and it was ok but honestly frustrating. They have a low tech ultrasound machine and she couldn’t really find my uterus. She’s not worried because I’m only 9 weeks and it is hard on the machine she has. But it still freaks me out.

I have an ultrasound scheduled for this Tuesday with the actual imaging place that I know will be able to get pictures, measurements and all that. I’m really needing some kind of reassurance that everything is ok. 
  • Options
    @aleciaraez Ugh! That's definitely frustrating! FX all is well at your US! 
    TW
  • Options
    @aleciaraez That seems ridiculous! Is that really their standard of care? I'd ask around like was it a one-time issue or is this their normal? Aren't they worried about upsetting expectant mothers? Anyway I hope your US with the imaging place is everything you were hoping for today!