Trouble TTC
Options

Thanks all & starting IUI

First, I just wanted to take time to say how much I appreciate this board. I had a not so great appointment today, but I felt a lot better because a lot of things we were discussing are things I know people on this board have gone through and I feel like I know a lot more about my options and what to expect than I did before joining this community. 

Specifically, thank you @sincethelastday -- I read your amazing news (I still don't know how to do spoilers stuff on here) while sitting in the waiting room and it helped so much in the moment where we were talking about IUI and various other things....instead of feeling kinda hopeless I focused on the positives from this board and people who had been through the same thing.

So, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate you all.

Also -- if anyone has any tips for IUI I'm scheduled for Wednesday (another follicle check monday and trigger shot Monday night). Would love any tips/suggestions. 

Re: Thanks all & starting IUI

• Options
    Sending you a big giant hug!  <3

Honestly I have found IUI even with all the meds and injections and appointments and crazy nurse drama that I've had to be way easier than the TTC before we knew our challenges and were just experiencing that blind questioning and doubt and fear and disappointment cycle after cycle. IUI makes me feel like it's out of my control and it kinda really is. All I have to really worry about is being healthy and doing what I can to keep DH and I happy and reduce stress.

I have found trigger and IUI day to be somewhat total non-events. All the times I've had a catheter it really feels no worse than a pap smear.

Anything you're particularly worried about or feel like you don't know how it will work??
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Options
    Just wanting to pipe in and totally agree with @hithertorue that I actually found starting IUI much easier than all those months just TI where you’re not being monitored or “controlled” by the medical team. Having even less control and just letting the clinic team take over was actually quite comforting in a way. 

Will be thinking of you on Wednesday!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! That’s good to hear.... I am not really nervous about the IUI, just emotional about this whole process. I’ve been pretty monitored for the past 6 months with clomid and trigger shots etc. so I don’t think this is going to be that much more, but still... I think my biggest fear is honestly about cost, the whole what if this doesn’t work, I don’t know if we can afford IVF that’s been going around in my mind. 

Anyway I really appreciate you guys! Knowing other people who are in this same process helps so much!!