November 2019 Moms
Options

Nursery Ideas

A super exciting thing about planning for baby is planning the nursery! 

Share your ideas, inspirations, and plans here!

Re: Nursery Ideas

• Options
    I'm so excited about this! We have picked up a few paint samples and are leaning toward a teal color with grey/blue undertones for wall color. I like the color palate below. We have white crown molding in the bedroom we plan to use and will do a white crib. For decorations I want to add girly touches but with a woodland theme. 
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    The room we're using for the nursery was painted dark, dark brown by the previous owners of our house, and we've been putting off painting it for the last 6 years 😂
    4 gallons of paint later, the room is white again, and we had to put up a wallpaper border at the top to hide the shitty peeling paint. But it turned out decent

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
  • Options
    There wont really be a theme for the nursery, but I didnt really have one for DS's either. I just did a color scheme I loved for him.

DS's playroom is being converted to the new nursery. It already had some pictures and colored dots on 2 walls that will stay, except for the one with a saying about little boys. I plan to move it to DS's bed room. Outside of that, I'm still thinking about what else to do with it. This is what it currently looks like:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I’m hoping to start painting the walls of our bedrooms today and finish sometime this week so we can get rid of those ugly accent walls. I keep looking at a woodlands theme but I’m not sure. I need to look through Pinterest some. 

Im going to set up all my craft stuff in our bonus room downstairs and keep my sewing machine set up so I can start sewing the crib bedding once I pick the fabric. I never buy store bought bedding because I don’t usually like anything they have. 

• Options
    I’m trying to go for a subtle “theme” and not too much so it can grow with her.  I wanted a floral wall paper accent wall but that idea was vetoed quick.  I saw this rainbow on ig the other day and could totally do it myself, so I think I’ll do something similar on the wall with floral sheets and some neutral decorations.  I love the natural wood toys, so I’ll probably decorate with sone of those.  
  • Options
    We're going with Woodland Adventure theme, but keeping it pretty neutral.  Bought black arrow decals that resemble trees for the wall the crib is against.  That wall will be white.  Remaining walls will be gray.  Have a faux sheepskin rug I'm going to put in front of the crib.  Currently researching rockers/gliders and dressers.  Ordered a small blanket ladder from a local Facebook craftswoman to hang baby blankets, swaddles, etc.  Likely going to order a wooden growth chart ruler for the wall as well.  

Inspo Pic

• Options
    We are going with a woodland theme for the simple fact that the room in our new house that will be the nursery has an orange accent wall, so I thought woodland would be cute. And so we don't have to repaint haha.
  • Options
    Woodland is popular right now but it's so cute! And there's still a lot of variety you can do within that theme.