November 2019 Moms
Options

Pursuing a degree while pregnant

I'm 20 weeks and working towards the end of my Master's. I have to be honest, it has been pretty tough. I plan on defending a month before the baby is due and I'm a little timid about that. My boss has been mostly supportive but there have been times when I feel like he holds my pregnancy against me and makes me feel like I'm not working hard enough. I am pretty much in the writing stages now and it is easier for me to work from home, but I have constant anxiety over it and over my advisor in general. Anyone else have experiences pursuing their Masters or PhD while pregnant?

Re: Pursuing a degree while pregnant

• Options
    Hi and welcome! Please intro on our introduction thread. Also read through the thread titled, "Read First." It explains how our board is organized. We discourage one off posts like this one because it clutters our board. 

This would be a great question for the question thread that is pinned at the top. 
  • Options
    I'm 20 weeks and working towards the end of my Master's. I have to be honest, it has been pretty tough. I plan on defending a month before the baby is due and I'm a little timid about that. My boss has been mostly supportive but there have been times when I feel like he holds my pregnancy against me and makes me feel like I'm not working hard enough. I am pretty much in the writing stages now and it is easier for me to work from home, but I have constant anxiety over it and over my advisor in general. Anyone else have experiences pursuing their Masters or PhD while pregnant?
     QFP

Also, please stop posting this in multiple discussions. If you haven't been around long enough to know how to post a discussion once instead of multiple times you should try lurking more before starting your own thread. Also, we have designated regs on our board who post the threads that we use. You will see that in the comments of the organization thread. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Will do! Thanks