Still not sleeping through the night and dropped feeding — The Bump
Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Still not sleeping through the night and dropped feeding

hi! I’m know there are so many discussions on sleep but we are still really struggling at 9.5months and I just don’t know who else to ask! All of my friend’s babies sleep through the night! For us, not sleeping through has become the new normal and we are just used to it however, now my son is dropping an afternoon feeding. He is EBF and having solids 3x a day plus snacks. I know it’s normal for babies to drop a feeding at this age but when he is still waking up at night to nurse I just worry that dropping a day time feed is making it worse! Any one else have this problem? Will he ever sleep through the night while we are still BF? 

Re: Still not sleeping through the night and dropped feeding

• Dropping an afternoon feeding and still maintaining the night one certainly won’t help.

What is your daily schedule and routine right now? 
  • My son dropped a day feeding and kept a night feeding until 10.5 months old. I didn’t do anything special to make him drop the night feeding; one night he just stopped waking for it. If the night feeding is bothering you, you could try CIO, offering water, having dad shush/comfort the baby, etc to night wean and hopefully have your son STTN.