November 2019 Moms

Re: UO/FFFC 6.27

• This is a bit tame for a FFFC, and I've alluded to it several times on here, but:

I have several PT jobs, and my FT job is hourly. Several times a week I work on a few different projects at the same time, and thus can double bill the hours. I don't even feel bad because my FT job is horrible and doesn't pay well so I gotta do what I gotta do.
  • Something that may be a food UO: I hate ices (like Rita's, etc)
  • Loading the player...
  • mc0303mc0303 member
    Billable hours are the worst!!

but not liking water ices?! 😱 now that’s shocking lol 😂
  • @creamcheeseplease No ices!!! Nope! That's it! You have to leave!

😂 they are so tasty though! 
  • I don't care if my kids annoy other people in public. Like when my youngest screamed on the airplane, I don't care that she annoyed people. I do my best to calm my kids and keep them from intentionally annoying people but I won't leave a restaurant or the grocery store. I will sit there in one spot with all my groceries while my kid finishes his tantrum and then I will finish shopping. I do not have time to leave the groceries I shopped for, load my kids back into my van, just to have to do it all over again. 

I'm the mother just smiling as my kid screams while you pass me giving dirty looks. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 - mad respect for waiting it out.  I get like a hot flash when there is meltdowns in public.  It isn't for my kids sake that I leave but because if I don't I start melting.  I wish I could keep my cool like that.

@creamcheeseplease - I completely agree.  I don't understand the appeal....then again I don't like most sweets so I suppose that is not surprising.

I always miss UO but I am going for it today.  This is going to sound weird but I dislike the weekends.  
    I am a SAHM so during the week, I have my babysitter who comes to help so I can work out, shower and run errands.  My 3 yo goes to school/camp 3x a week and when I do go places things aren't busy because everyone else is at work.

On the weekends I have my husband for 'help' which is hit or miss depending on the day.  Most weekends he puts in some work hours or does things around the house aka I am doing childcare myself and anywhere we go is 10x more crowded.  Give me M-F anyday over Saturday or Sunday.
  • I wish I could wait out my kid's tantrums too.. maybe once I have more than one? idk. I don't mind when kids are screaming in public.. I mean I don't like it, but I don't give the parent(s) the evil eye or anything. 

@Dancer688 I get the whole weekend/weekday thing. I just hate how (at least in my area) there are so many more activities for kids during the week and then the weekend there are either nothing, or they are all already booked up. There's a mom at my daycare who leaves work to pick up her (two year old) for swim lessons once a week, then brings her back to daycare and she goes back to work. I legit could not do that. I couldn't get DS into the weekend class so.. he doesn't go. 

I knew the ice thing would be a UO! I just happened to think of it because MH brought home ices the other day, and I had to admit (after years of marriage) that I didn't like them. He also thinks I'm nuts. DS loved it though.
  • I think it comes with having 1 very difficult child. Plus my oldest (17) was the most difficult child anyone could ever think of parenting. He is ODD and HDHD. So I have had lots of practice. Now that I have 3 small kids it is just not worth it to me to get them back in the car just to do it all over again. Usually he calms down within a few minutes and then we just keep going. I also found that my oldest liked to "take me hostage" and would take advantage of that when he didn't want to be somewhere. So I guess I have adapted so I could survive. 😂