January 2020 Moms

Should we combine all the weekly check-in's together instead of sectioning them off into 4 groups?

This was brought up by @kbrown2385 in the board organization thread " Does anyone have any thoughts on doing just one weekly check-in for everyone instead of sectioning it off into 4 different groups? The groups aren’t that big so I thought maybe combining them all into one would get some more conversation for everyone. Feel free to share your thoughts on it, good or bad! "

Please let us know what you think :) 

Should we combine all the weekly check-in's together instead of sectioning them off into 4 groups? 23 votes

Yes!
73% 17 votes
I'm good with how it is!
17% 4 votes
Maybe leave it for now and let's revisit this later?
8% 2 votes

Re: Should we combine all the weekly check-in's together instead of sectioning them off into 4 groups?

• Another idea brought up by @marebear15 is to have two groups!

So Group 1: (Jan 1 - 16) and Group 2 (Jan 17 - 31) this allows for symptoms and discussion topics to still remain familiar with those experiencing them at that time in the group (Sorry I don't know how to update the poll to add this option in) 
  • I like the two groups! But one group is also fine. I’m not picky 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think 1 group would be too big.  Two groups sounds like it would be better.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like the idea of the two groups
  • I voted above "Yes!" But in reality my vote is for 2 groups since it would keep it more manageable for now :) 
  • I think two or how it is are both good. One would be too big. All the tech glitches are already making it hard to open the longer threads for me (symptoms, questions, etc.) 
  • Two groups sounds good to me! I haven’t participated much yet, though, so I don’t have a whole lot of clout. 😜 
  • 2 groups! 
  • I like two groups
  • I think 2 groups too
  • Two groups
  • I vote for 2!
  • I like the way we have it now.  I hate having everything jammed into one long thread.   I can't follow questions anymore, or symptoms.   Things veer from one conversation to the next so by the time I have time to read them, I can't respond, or scroll back so far to see who is talking about the topic I want to talk about.   I wish those things could just be posts about the specific questions or whatever.  It is so much easier to follow that way.  As far as the groups, at the end those of us with later due dates are going to want to have our groups to commiserate with as the people in the beginning and middle of the months start to have babies.  And those people are going to want their groups to talk about baby. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Those of us in group 2 are very sparse, so I think we would benefit from consolidating into 2 groups!
  • @EmilyE13 reading you guys post about it in group 2 is what got me thinking. It’s very slow in group 2 and 4. 
  • Either keeping it the same or two groups, but one is just too much.
  • Id like to try two also.
    If we keep the names and combine into two groups, then we can always split up later.
  • MsIanMsIan member
    I like the idea of 2 groups 
  • Two groups would be better I think
  • Maybe try two for now and if we have more people participating later on we can split again if needed? Would that be an option?

I agree one thread would be too much. I feel like a lot gets lost in the super long threads!
  • @kategancla we can always change it back if it gets to be too much.
  • Awesome I think we are agreed that we will go with two groups, we can try it out next week :) unfortunately group 2 is now too small to keep on its own so let’s see how it goes and if more people join later we can always change it up. Even if we end up with 3 groups in the end