TTC After a Loss

Introduction--lurker s/p 2 early losses.

Hello, ladies--first of all, thanks for sharing your stories and for demonstrating unconditional support for one another. I've lurked for a while and feel like I'm at a turning point. I'm 33 years old, in a fairly demanding point in my professional life, and married to a wonderful man whose work travel schedule in the past 2.5 years has made TTC incredibly stressful. In October 2018, two days after I called my insurance company to clarify what kind of bill we could expect from a fertility work up, I was surprised with a BFP. Unfortunately, I began bleeding at a work conference in early November. My second early miscarriage was three weeks ago. In both cases, I had to inform my husband of the pregnancy and the loss over Skype. Today, I saw the psychologist at my RE's office for the first time. I'm looking forward to continuing to work with her--I realized today how much I've isolated myself from my friends due to feeling inadequate and hopeless. No specific medical issues have been identified, and the testing up to this point has been fairly standard. 

For our future efforts, we will most likely proceed with an IUI since my husband's most current trip is in a Zika-risk area and since I apparently had some prescient feeling and made him freeze some sperm a year into our relationship in 2014. I hope in the coming months to reconnect with friends, to focus on my well-being by occasionally leaving the couch on my days off (!), and to relax in my effort to control things that are truly out of my control. Not going to be easy--but I appreciate the opportunity to join a supportive community and hope to be a help to others here as well. 

Outside of TTC, I love having two rescue pups snoring in the background at any given moment, doing projects around the house (next up--tile backsplash in the half bath), and spending time with my brilliant stepchild.

Re: Introduction--lurker s/p 2 early losses.

• Sorry for your losses and welcome to the group
  • edited June 2019
    @eqv I am so sorry for your losses! Going through something so traumatic as this can   make it hard to be around others. I didn’t talk with my friends for a long time. Welcome! I hope your stay is short but in the meantime while you are here  find connections here with this great group of women. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @eqv I'm so sorry for your losses and that you had to go through them without your H there, that had to have been very hard. Welcome to the group!
  • @eqv Welcome. I'm sorry sorry for your losses and I hope you have luck with your first IUI.  <3
  • Welcome to the group and I'm so sorry you are here. I understand the isolation, I've struggled with this a lot lately. I hope the counselling helps you work through these horrible experiences. Best of luck with the next step