October 2019 Moms
Options

** Private Group Discussion Thread **

Re: ** Private Group Discussion Thread **

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly that is true I spose ๐Ÿ˜‚ this is all kinda new to me as we never did anything on the bump past the board months, we just did FB but always closer to birth! It's an exciting step though!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Cass005 I think the best would be an example... so say for the September BMB, this was their method (copied and pasted:
    If youโ€™d like to join, comment here in this thread. Once you leave your comment, admins will add โ€œsuper postersโ€ (people who participate often and regularly) to the PG automatically to get things rolling.ย 
    All other posters will have their names added to a thread in the PG. Once they get 15 love tits, theyโ€™ll be added to the group as well.ย 
    After youโ€™re in the PG, youโ€™ll have one week to post a tribute picture.ย 
    Once we have the majority of our members, weโ€™ll all decide on rules, dailies, and other things together.ย 
    This example is very helpful. My one question is whatโ€™s a tribute picture? Sounds kind of Hunger Games-ish!ย 
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 -ย 

ย  ย  ย BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

ย  ย  ย CP July '17

ย  ย  ย Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

ย  ย  ย CP June '18

ย  ย  ย BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    @galentine Well saidย  ;)
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    jcbh2018 said:
    @Cass005 I think the best would be an example... so say for the September BMB, this was their method (copied and pasted:
    ย 15 love titsย 
    Lmao! Sorry. I just had to.ย 
    lol I thought the same thing though hahaa
  • Options
    I absolutely agree with @kindbytealikat. The person the special situation would apply to is still offering an ultrasound picture and, I'm assuming, the handwritten sign and item we choose. I get body image issues and pregnancy isn't beautiful for all of us. I actually haven't taken any bump pics, but I will for this situation. I support the use of an ultrasound picture in very rare exceptions.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    I am new the PG thing, but I agree with what has been said already. If anyone is using an ultrasound picture, I agree that the ultrasound pic, handwritten username, and special object be all in one picture.ย 

Questions- 1. so the "super posters" that are automatically added will vote on incoming members. Once incoming members are official will they also get to vote on members that have requested to join? 2. Will a user be notified if they requested to join, but did not get enough love tits?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15ย | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    1) I think 3 or 5 admins is perfect we had 3 for my sept 14 BMB and shortly after we transitioned to FB there was a huge falling out I think about voting on members or something which led to a split to 2 FB groups. We never had a Pg and I like the idea so that if a split or rift did happen it would be before a move to FB.ย 

2) I like the bump pic idea, I think it definitely helps weed some out.ย 

3)Iโ€™m unsure if I like the love-tit count because I feel like I post here but my love-tits donโ€™t always click because Iโ€™m mobile and sometimes the app is silly.ย 

4) I feel like there are a handful that stick out for admins already so nominating or voting should be fairly easy and quick.ย 

• Options
    I like all the suggestions!! I donโ€™t mind posting a bump in the personal group. Like Iโ€™ve said before I know I donโ€™t get on much but Iโ€™m real lol I just quit work so Iโ€™ll have a lot more free time besides ya know taking care of my other 2 kids ha ha. My app is also not very user friendly, I can never get it to log me on and stay on and the the discussions never want to load. Iโ€™m having to go actually online to see everything so therefore I donโ€™t get notifications ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Options
    SLou24 said:
    I know nothing because in S16 we went straight to FB, no private group here on TB. I do agree with 3 or 5 mods, then some sort of vote!ย 
    We did the same thing with our April 14 group. I'm not sure I'd get that many vote though because I haven't been too active. I really like the group for support though especially once the babies are born and we're up in the middle of the night feeding them. Sometimes it's nice to have someone to message that will respond and totally understands what you're going through in the moment.ย 

My April 14 group is still active with our Facebook group. We're down to 50 or so members and did a meet up last summer.

I agree with 3 mods.ย 
  • Options
    Can we nominate more than one person? (I assume yes... just make sure they each nominated in a separate post).
  • Options
    @junebabyh, I don't see why not.
  • Options
    @sweetteaandswingsmama Iโ€™m on mobile too and sometimes have issues with love tits. Iโ€™ve noticed that even if my icon doesnโ€™t show up automatically when I click the heart, the number in the little box next to โ€œLove itโ€ does change. If I go back into the thread after clicking on it, my icon will show up in the love tit list too
    I've noticed this on mobile as well
  • Options
    Late to post, but my 2 previous groups went to a private fb group and the opening to joining the groups were only there for a certain amount of time and then it closes. ย I really donโ€™t remember what the rules were for getting in though, but my fb group from sept 15 is still super active and close. ย I apparently am not totally familiar with TB or maybe bc Iโ€™m mobile, but do the private groups on here work the same as this public group pretty much?ย 
  • Options
    One more thing... as far as votes on the nominations thread... I canโ€™t love tit my own posts (like @galantine said in the roll call thread) so obviously weโ€™ll just count +1 to the people I nominated.ย 
  • Options
    How long are we going to leave the voting open? I may have missed that somewhere.
  • Options
    galentine said:
    junebabyh said:
    One more thing... as far as votes on the nominations thread... I canโ€™t love tit my own posts (like @galantine said in the roll call thread) so obviously weโ€™ll just count +1 to the people I nominated.ย 
    This occured to me, but it would be the same case for every nomination, so it should come out even whether we +1 to all the nominations, or not ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Duh! Good point!
  • Options
    Some more things to think about:

-how long do we want to leave mod nominations up?

-how many love-tits should we require for entry into the private group? Right now, 41 people are hoping to join the PG, per the roll call thread.

-the fun one: any suggestions for what we should name our PG?
  • Options
    @greenbean-2 , in response to your question: voting would occur in the private group.
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    galentine said:
    Ok, so a full week would be the end of the day Thursday. Is everyone good with Admin nomination/voting closing at the end of the day Thursday?

Edited to add: then Friday the 3 nominees having the most votes for Admin could get cracking on setting up the private group. I have no experience with how long it takes to get one up and running. A day? Anyone have experience with this and have an estimate?
    It was pretty quick to get it set up as long as they havenโ€™t changed the process
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~ ย ~~~ ย ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, Itโ€™s a Girl!
    ~~~ ย ~~~ ย ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14): ย Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies