October 2019 Moms
Options

All Group Check-In W/O 6/24

2»

Re: All Group Check-In W/O 6/24

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks, 4 days
    Baby is the size of a(n): Honest tea bottle (I had one at lunch yesterday! :-))
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: boy
    Upcoming Appointments: Friday!
    How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Ok... every time I think to myself, "maybe I have stopped throwing up from coughing" it happens again. I have been sick since last Monday night and now it's just residual cough, plus some runny nose. Takes a bit to clear up in the morning. Sucks, but could be worse.
    Rants/Raves: Rant: I wish I had more friends in my town -- they're spread out and I haven't met many people since moving here. It's hard to meet friends as an adult... It becomes more apparent since I've been off work. Rave: I'm off work - can't complain.
    Questions: 
    GTKY: Beach or Swimming pool? Beach, generally. I grew up going to the beach more often than swimming pools. I love running and jumping into the waves. I get the inconvenience of it though. Swimming pools are more convenient if you have regular access... but not gym pools.
  • Options
    cheznet said:
    It's hard to meet friends as an adult
    This. I mean I’m pretty socially awkward to begin with but I haven’t made any new “mom” friends since DS was born almost 4 years ago. Anytime I try I feel like the other moms are there with someone they know orrr my mind just goes blank when I try to think of something to say. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sammygirl18 I understand your worries. I did a lot of boating when I was pregnant with my 2nd and was a nervous nellie with every bump and wave ha but it was fine! Baby has tons of cushion in there. I also remember those days were quite movement days, I guess it would lull him to sleep- enjoy yourself! 

• Options
    cheznet said:
    It's hard to meet friends as an adult
    This. I mean I’m pretty socially awkward to begin with but I haven’t made any new “mom” friends since DS was born almost 4 years ago. Anytime I try I feel like the other moms are there with someone they know orrr my mind just goes blank when I try to think of something to say. 
    Mom small talk is the worst!  Lol - I'm terrible at small talk and I just can't sit and talk about mundane "mom happenings".  It's definitely hard when you get to a park and most of the moms are with friends. @cheznet once the baby is here, you can join a local moms group if you're into that sort of thing. Most meet for weekly playdates. I did that with my first but soon discovered I wasn't much of a mom group person. However I have friends that swear by them (probably just depends on your area). I have found most of my "mom friends" as my kids got a little older through preschool/early elem. and sporting stuff. 
  • Options
    @jenferlee82 32 direct reports! Holy Moly. I see a massive bonus in your future. Haha... Are you able to designate yourself a personal assistant??? Delegate, delegate, delegate!
  • Options
    junebabyh said:
    @jenferlee82 32 direct reports! Holy Moly. I see a massive bonus in your future. Haha... Are you able to designate yourself a personal assistant??? Delegate, delegate, delegate!
    Kind of! I've got a "share" of my CEO's assistant's time for now. It definitely helps, I would have just given up and buried my head in the sand by now without her!
  • Options
    @jenferlee82 I'm so sorry that you are working so hard at not just your old job but your new one too!! I hope your employer realizes how amazing you are!!

@mrsinterweb Camping trip sounds fun!! But will it rain/thunder while you are there?? Will that effect your trip?

@kindbytealikat Yay for awesome MILs. Love that she helps in the kitchen and with YS. Mine is great too. We got very lucky!!  <3
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 10/27 22+5
    Baby is the size of a(n): hedgehog 💗
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!!

Upcoming Appointments: Mid July for Glucose Screen and regular appt. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Feeling great until sundown, then I'm a zombie!! 

Rants/Raves: How many times can I say yes I'm expecting, thank you!! Lol. I'm happy to feel the love but not loving being the center of attention so much lol

Questions: 
    GTKY: Beach or Swimming pool? Definitely pool although I love to sit on the beach and listen/watch the waves. 
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat I’m glad that the prognosis is that she’ll be okay. But oh my goodness, that’s some news. How are you doing? Will they do follow up when she gets here to further verify?
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    @kindbytealikat hugs! I’m glad she’s okay. How are you feeling after hearing the news? That’s so much to take in. 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kindbytealikat Man. If that isn't some heavy news. I'm so glad that the prognosis is positive for her, but I'm sure that doesn't exactly help you feel 100% better. You said they won't know for sure until after delivery, but is it possibly something they can see in a future scan? I'm sorry, I'm just not sure how everything like that works.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat, hugs for the kidney news ❤❤❤
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat wow that’s a lot to process. Thinking of you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @meagan-t that’s a completely reasonable question, I know I’ve got two more scans at this point at least, idk if the weekly non stress test will include a scan or not. But the doctor told me they won’t get an answer until birth. I don’t know if that means you just can’t tell because of things be squished up kind of or what 🤷🏼‍♀️. I probably should have asked that.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @kindbytealikat Definitely a lot to take in! I’m so happy to hear that her prognosis is positive overall, but I’m sure this is incredibly stressful for you. For the record, I also know someone, a good friend of mine, who was born with one kidney and is now a grown woman, very healthy and happy!
  • Options
    @cmbt2 I have not thought of trying underwear under a pull-up. I think I might give that a shot! 
    I was thinking of trying this as well. My hesitation is 1)DH doesn't think its a good idea and 2) Will she awake us up successfully. 

Since DH and the Ped say don't force it, I try to just be extra positive with the dry diapers and give her a high five or get really excited. I wonder if putting the underwear on underneath would help or deter.

@mrsinterweb Oh camping sounds so much fun!!! I miss it.  I think we may try taking a small weekend camp trip next summer when DS is  bit older.  
  • Options
    @stephanie123456 It is definitely calling for some rain and thunder!. It rained pretty hard tonight with thunder and lightning, but the percentage of precipitation and amounts are predicted to be smaller tomorrow when we will be heading out. I’m hopeful that our equipment will keep us fairly dry as long as we don’t get a torrential downpour. After tomorrow weather should perk up though. I’m optimistic we will still have a great time!
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    @kindbytealikat thinking of you 💜 that is definitely a lot to take in, but glad that overall they are optimistic about baby girl.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    @kindbytealikat hugs. Thinking of you! It seems like you've got a good team at your back that you can go to with questions or concerns?
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    @kindbytealikat keeping you and your family in my thoughts!  💚
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat sending love and positive thoughts 💚 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 10/26, 22+6
    Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut
    FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink
    Upcoming Appointments: July 24 for regular check up and then Aug 3 for ultrasound on placenta position. I just had an appt for the regular check and nothing was mentioned about the glucose screening. I wonder if they will call or if I should call?
    How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Pretty good!
    Rants/Raves: Rant- We are having our 2nd story deck replaced and the handyman doing it found major wood rot between the 1st and 2nd story where the deck attaches to the house. So now we sent an email to our insurance claims rep to ask if this would be covered since we already have a claim in for our wind damaged roof. Waiting sucks! 
    Questions:
    GTKY: Beach or Swimming pool? Pool. It can be easier in general to go to the pool vs a beach especially with little ones. We want to do an overnight beach trip close by in July, but since its a few weeks away not much is available so it may end up being a day trip.

@kindbytealikat Lots of thoughts to you for the months to come!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19