August 2019 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

This Board sure has slowed down since the Facebook shift! I miss UO Thursdays, so let's hear yours!

Mine this week:

Doctors should be required to pay a cancellation fee if they cancel on you while you're in the waiting room, just like you're required to pay a cancellation fee if you don't call 24 hours ahead of time. Yes, this happened to me yesterday. Yes, I'm extremely annoyed.

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    Fruit is not dessert
  • Options
    MamaK225MamaK225 member
    edited June 2019
    Oooooooooh, that's a good one @mrosek91!

If you aren't prepared to drive like an alert, engaged driver, you shouldn't be on the road.

That means a safe speed (somewhere in the +/- 5mph of the speed limit), staying in your lane (i.e. not acting like the WHOLE road is yours), and obeying all traffic laws (see: adequate stopping/pausing at signs, usage of headlights, etc.). If you're a sleepy, tired driver who needs their coffee: go to bed earlier or take a shot of espresso before you leave the house. LOOKING AT YOU: retirees who like to putt-putt around during periods of commuter traffic  :|

ETA: driving when you're not alert, engaged just endangers everyone around you because you incite unnecessary road rage and/or aggressive driving in others who DO have somewhere to be and/or have adequately prepared to be traveling at that time.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @flagchic Totally agree on both counts. Looks like we are transitioning to FB this week. 
    Also, if we're not allowed to be a couple of minutes late for the appointment then the doctor must show up on time as well. They never apologize for making us wait 30 mins but try to "fit us in because we are few minutes late". Happened to me yesterday.

• Options
    @MamaK225 yes!  I have nightmares about being sideswiped by a driver not paying attention and the kids getting hurt. 

My UO is that I haven’t been able to log in to the Bump for the past few months. Tried today and it just magically worked. I don’t so FB, so I feel like I’ve missed and will be missing out on a ton!  So glad to be able to post again. 

• Options
    Welcome back @database6 - I wondered where you went! Glad to hear things are still going well (aside from nightmares).
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)