October 2019 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check-In w/o 6/20

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation. All TTGPers from other BMBs/TTGP board are welcome to participate!

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: are there any movies coming out this summer you are dying to see?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In w/o 6/20

• Options
    What's going on this week? 

How far along are you? 22+1

Upcoming appointments? July 2 for f/u US and general OB

Cravings/Symptoms? Really about the same. Definitely some more hip pain and night sweats. Not really any cravings but still super impressionable. DSs vitamins smelled like sour patch kids last night (no idea why...) so I may be stopping at cumbies to pick up a bag today on my lunch.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? More house shopping today. 1 in town which had the ability to work has me intrigued. It would require a bit of a remodel (convert a 1st floor inlaw area to a kid room plus mud & laundry room) but we could probably put it off for a bit.

Questions?

GTKY: are there any movies coming out this summer you are dying to see? I will see toy story in theaters somehow. Would really prefer to do without the kids but may not be possible. We are probably taking the to see Secret Life of Pets 2 this weekend.

@galentine we won't open an acct until baby is here. MIL always gives $$ for that once baby is born (well, she did other grandkids herself because their mothers were not trust worthy. We get cash cause we're legit lmao)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly, good luck with the house today! 🤞 I can't remember if you've said, but do you plan to keep looking (if need be) up until the baby is born? Or do you have a cutoff point in mind where you'll choose to stay in your current house if you haven't found anything?
  • Options
    We will keep looking. BUT if we dont have something lined up by mid Aug, we are going to start prepping for the kids to swap rooms. DS will share with DD (though it will really just be her stuff for a while) until we find something.
  • Options
    @galentine So many exciting things going on. I too am SOOO looking forward to Toy Story 4, I've been hyping DS that we are going to see it soon (the original is one of the few movies he will actually sit through for the entire movie). To answer your question, since I work in the banking world, most places will not open an account specifically for the benefit of a child since you don't have an SSN yet for them... but you could open a separate savings earmarked for your LO and then when the baby does arrive, it will depend on bank/credit union policy if they will make you either (a) open another completely different account (often called UTMA) or (b) possibly let you re-title it so that your child is the "owner" and you are the "custodian". Hope this makes sense!!

@prpl11butterfly Hope that the house shopping goes well!! And I am definitely the same with the "impressionable" food cravings. 

What's going on this week? Baby is as tall as a Twizzler...??
    How far along are you? 23+3
    Upcoming appointments? Next Tuesday for GD 1 hr & regular OB
    Cravings/Symptoms? FISH TACOS!!! 🐟🌮 Soda/sugary drinks + milkshakes are a big weakness for me right now. Also feeling the sciatic pain all.the.time as well.
    Rants/Raves/Randoms? One of my coworkers got me the cutest little cardi/pants/hat for baby girl (though she won't be able to wear for a while since it's 12m). 

Questions? nope
    GTKY: are there any movies coming out this summer you are dying to see? Definitely Toy Story 4.Will probably see Spiderman with DH at some point as well.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    Hello old friends!!

@galentine We waited until DS was here (and had his SSN) before we opened up a 529 plan. Not sure if you’re intending all of the $ you get for Baby Girl to go straight to her college fund, but they have a much better rate of return year over year that a typical savings account (if you’re not too scared about investing all the $ in the stock market/mutual funds).

@prpl11butterfly Oooooh a house in your town! That is so exciting! I will keep everything crossed that you guys find something great before August.

@stephanie123456 Did you have sciatica pain with DS as well? I didn’t, but am definitely feeling this time. Boo!
  • Options
    @galentine The reviews for 4 have been really good. FX, I can't wait to see it. And TY pregnancy hormones but everytime I see a trailer or the LA Lion Kind I tear up, words can not describe how excited I am to see it. 
    @prpl11butterfly FX on the house hunt!

What's going on this week? Baby girl is starting to recognize voices and respond to outside sounds

How far along are you? 23+1

Upcoming appointments? Growth scan and both doctors next Wednesday. 

Cravings/Symptoms?Add me to the general achy all around feeling. I was doing a lot of house cleaning last night after dealing with my sick kid all day and I must have over did it because I was cramping a lot through the night. I feel fine today though and have been feeling her roll around in there. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? DS and DH were both sick yesterday. DH family is all arriving this afternoon, so that timing was horrible. DH and I got into an argument because I gave him like 2 chores to do to help me prep for them coming. One of them being cleaning up his office so the family had a place to use their laptops if they needed. He kept telling me he was to tired, but I knew that was only going to get worse the longer he waited. Hints argument. OH well it got done. 

Questions? NOPE

GTKY: are there any movies coming out this summer you are dying to see? SO many Toy Story, Lion King, Spider-Man, Armstrong, Hobbs&Shaw
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly Good luck house hunting this weekend. I am addicted to Redfin and I am not even really in the market to move. You must be glued to all the new listings that pop up!
    @kindbytealikat Family visiting and staying with you = always room for arguments.
    @stephanie123456 I was obsessed with milkshakes during my last pregnancy and there was a Potbelly right next to my office back then, so I had them like three days a week. Kinda want one now!
    @galentine We didn't open accounts for the boys until they were born. Like others, we did as soon we got them each an ss number. Now my parents put money in the accounts for every single occasion and it makes me so happy. Way better than getting another plastic toy that they won't care about in two months.

What's going on this week? Baby's face is fully formed now! I wonder what/who he looks like!
    How far along are you? 23+4
    Upcoming appointments? Next Thursday the 27th
    Cravings/Symptoms? Brownies. Everyday. Around 3pm.
    Rants/Raves/Randoms? People who I don't know have started asking me how far along I am/when am I due. I'm not offended by this in the slightest. I love talking about it. But I am surprised. I feel like there is a general rule of thumb that you don't ask if you aren't 100% sure. Right??
    Questions? nope
    GTKY: are there any movies coming out this summer you are dying to see? I literally haven't seen a movie in the theater since Bad Moms. And before that it was definitely before DS1 was born in 2015. I'm kind of interested in seeing the Mindy Kaling movie. But you all have inspired me to want to take DS1 to see Toy Story. I don't think DS2 can handle a movie theater yet.

• Options
    @lillywonderland and others, thanks for the tips on savings for baby! We will do some kind of traditional savings account in addition to a 529. My H's employer actually matches 529 contributions for dependents up to a certain dollar amount each year. They don't match a HUGE amount, but hey, it's still free money! We'll definitely be taking advantage of that perk!

@stephanie123456, that outfit is so cute! I love it!

@kindbytealikat, ugh sorry for the argument with YH and overdoing it on cleaning. I have higher standards of cleanliness than my H, and we have very different ideas of what needs to be done before we have house guests, so I understand the feeling completely. Hope the family visit goes well!

@junebabyh, omg send some brownies my way, please! Daily 3pm brownies sounds like heaven!!
  • Options
    What's going on this week? Baby is rotating herself toward the birthing position using her newfound sense of balance.

How far along are you? 25 weeks, 2 days.

Upcoming appointments? Next month for glucose test and ultrasound/follow-up appointment.

Cravings/Symptoms? Sweet things, sweet things, sweet things. And now I really want a brownie, @junebabyh :)

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I am at my mom's house in St. Louis and have found that eating food all day and playing card games with my family is THE MOST FUN EVER!

Questions? How is everyone handling out of town visitors who want to come visit the baby? Both of our families live out of state so people are booking flights to come visit, but as of now I'm telling everyone to stay at a hotel so that my new family can have some space. We also live in a two bedroom apartment so it's not like I have loads of extra rooms for people.

GTKY: are there any movies coming out this summer you are dying to see? I want to see Late Night, Men in Black International, Toy Story 4, Yesterday, Spider-Man: Far From Home, The Lion King, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. *Phew!* Andplusalso I can't wait for the Downton Abbey film in September!!!
    @galentine Sorry about the bad coffee. I hate it when that happens! Such a let down.
    @prpl11butterfly Break a leg with the house shopping!
    @stephanie123456 Such a cute outfit! And sorry about your sciatic pain.
    @kindbytealikat Good luck with the in-laws!

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @elle-0409, oh my gosh, I hadn't really given much thought to out of town guests, yet. I'd prefer my in-laws to stay in a hotel when they visit, but I anticipate them staying with us overnight at some point since they have a new puppy and probably can't leave her in a hotel. Hopefully we can set boundaries regarding when and how long they stay. If I were you, I would definitely use the 2 BR to your advantage and ask your guests to stay in a hotel! I can't imagine trying to bond as a new young family with a constant stream of houseguests.
  • Options
    @galentine I was a baldie until 2 as well 😂 DS had a little bit of hair at birth which I adored! And we waited until he was here to open it! I want to say I needed his social security number, so you may have to wait...
    @prpl11butterfly my nose has been off too... DH's grilled onions smelled like rubber burning the other night lol
    @stephanie123456 awww! What a sweet outfit!!
    @kindbytealikat did he have some kind of death wish telling YOU, HE was tired?! 😳😅 Sick or not, that doesn't seem smart to tell a pregnant woman lol
    @junebabyh I'm glad I'm not alone in liking people asking and talking about it! But yeah, it does seem early....
    @elle-0409 my mom is the only out of towner coming asap. She'll likely stay at my aunt's place. I'm really close with her, so I'd probably have her stay with me otherwise, but if you don't want anyone extra at home definitely have them get hotels!! I really appreciated our alone time as a family right after!

What's going on this week? Baby is starting to pack on the chunk 😍
    How far along are you? 23+2
    Upcoming Appointments? Not for another month, had mine on Tuesday and it went well! It was super quick though because there was someone in the other birthing room at 9cm and getting ready to push!! 
    Cravings/Symptoms? Had a mini road trip/vacation and baby is so low that my pubic bone was super stiff after the 3+ hour drive along with my tailbone... It felt like I had an underwear cast on, I couldn't move my hips after I got out 😂
    Rants/Raves/Randoms? Excited for our housewarming party on Saturday!! We're doing a tacos + tequila theme, I'm making virgin strawberry daiquiris for me lol
    GTKY: are there any movies coming out this summer you are dying to see? Endgame, Secret Life of Pets 2 and Toy Story 4! We'll see if we actually make it to any though... 
  • Options
    @stephanie123456 that outfit 😍 And a milkshake sounded good yesterday. But then this morning a coworker came to my office window and "ordered" one and now I'm over here craving it. This is a dangerous craving as we have 2 icecream joints and MCds VERY close to my work AND house......

@kindbytealikat ugh.....just get up and clean the damn office ! MH is usually on me to clean cause I'm a terrible housewife (he knew this going into marriage and really living together). BUT when its go time, I can clean like it's my only love in life.

@junebabyh can I get brownies in a milkshake 🤔

@elle-0409 so glad your trip is giving you all the happiness! We don't have out of town visitors. Even if we did, I would totally not be letting them in and they would def be in a hotel. I think if there was a mutual family members house that you could do to and have them meet there, that's the best option.

@nnaelilak enjoy the party! I don't know how you could be in a car for that long! I'm dying after just being in my desk chair for an hour. The hip pain is real.....

So the local house is so so overpriced for what it needs done. Even our realtor is in shock. It's definitely got the right layout/ space. BUT my god..... new floors and windows needed throughout. Not a single ceiling light in the place. Smells like dog something aweful (no sign of 1 currently living there 🤔). If we could offer them 50k less then asking, we could do it. It's too new to the market to come in with such a low offer. We saw another one out of town that also has potential but is on a main road (leading right to highway) and very close to the local range. Last night wasnt even that nice a night and all you could hear was target shooting. Imagine on a beau night?! Tomorrow there is an open house for 1 in another surrounding town that looks great. It will not last long so even if we want it, we likely won't get it because ours is not even listed yet. So the saga continues......