July 2019 Moms
Options

All Groups Check In w/o 6/17

2»

Re: All Groups Check In w/o 6/17

• Options
    @knormand418 I think about trying something all the time...but then I chicken out. I really like the timing of my mat leave at the moment so as much as I want baby to come early I also want her to stay put.
  • Options
    acgxacgx member
    @knormand418 I haven't done anything to try to induce labor, but I have been eating dates which some small studies have shown to shorten labor, lessen need for induction, and generally just support a natural initiation of labor. Can't hurt! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Panaceia ugh I'm sorry your husband is a pain in the butt too! Its sad, but I'm sure if it was his parents he wouldn't expect them to drop everything or if you were trying to do what he is, he would probably loose it! It's so generous that your mom is coming to stay with you to help out a bit! But after a couple weeks I'm sure both you and her will be ready by August for her to get out and meet with your dad. Hopefully by the time baby gets here your husband will come around to just sucking it up and making the long commute and sending them to the same school. I feel like daycare/school is a very important socialization they don't get at the same level with Grandma daycare. My husband keeps pushing the whole stay at home mom agenda my way to make his work life easier, and while I would love to it's not financially feasible and I worked way to hard to get to where I am in my career.
  • Options
    @Niesen27 amen to the working too hard to get where you are at! i give so much props to stay at home moms. I don't think I could do it. Although I would love the time with the babies, I would not get the same sense of fulfillment I do from succeeding in my career!
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    edited June 2019
    @Panaceia I'm sorry you're not seeing eye to eye on the childcare decision. I can relate to having aging parents. It's really hard and exhausting for older grandparents to care for babies. As much as our parents want to help, they don't have the energy. It's a lot to ask. We're still up in the air about childcare when I go back to work. 

We're actually transitioning to the life phase where we are caring for parents as well as the kids. 
  • Options
    @Cbeanz we are up in the air what to do after maternity leave too. Right now my parents watch our daughter who is 3 for s couple hours each day until I get home.  I just know an infant is gonna be way more to care for her than her..they can't just turn on a TV so not really sure what to do. Daycare would be expensive but I also get sad at the thought that they may see a lot of this baby's firsts and I will miss a bunch this time :(
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    edited June 2019
    @BeatboxBaby yeah a baby and a toddler is a ton of work.

We're a daycare family and we love it! But 4 in daycare is insanely expensive. Having in-home care is probably financially better but from a social and learning standpoint for the older ones I have some reservations. So we have a lot of thinking to do. I'll be home for about 6 months so we have time.
  • Options
    @cindler I'm trying to just focus on the little things of day to day clean up and trying to finish the "Becoming" book by Michelle Obama.  I'm hoping to get to a movie before LO arrives because i doubt that'll happen anytime soon after they arrive (but i'm not impressed with the offerings right now.) Mostly i just try to distract myself from sitting and just thinking. I also am using the breathe app on my watch to try and do 2-3 slow breathing sessions to recenter myself and not get too antsy.  

@BeatboxBaby oh wow--yes that's definitely not grandma's decision to make!!

@mamahmh2 I feel the same as your question--like when is it going to happen and also really hoping to not go after 40.  

@Niesen27 my destress is really listed above--trying to not focus on the things i can't control, and keeping myself busy with little items and chores that I want to be completed but not worrying if i don't get them done either.  No big to do lists either--just when i look around my house "oh i can put that away" or "let's move this to this spot and throw out this".  
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Edd 7/3, scheduled induction for 6/26, 38 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): winter melon

Team: blue

Upcoming Appointments: Monday I have a bpp, Tuesday a possible ECV if lo doesn’t turn on his own, and Wednesday I’m being induced

How are you feeling?: anxious. There’s still so much to do and not enough hours in the day.

Rants/Raves: I feel like I’m the only one worried that nothing’s ready. I still couldn’t tell you what we have or what we need outside of a diaper bag because DH won’t go up to the attic and pull boxes for me to go through our baby stuff.

Questions: none

GTKY: What is the biggest thing you still need/want to complete before baby gets here? See my rant above. I don’t feel like retyping it 😂
  • Options
    @Cbeanz this is us too. SO actually lives with his mom right now so he can take care of her and once our house is done the plan is that she will move in with us. It annoys me that even though our parents are the same age and his mom is physically in better shape than my mom he still expects my parents to do EVERYTHING for us while his mom literally does NOTHING.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  July 15th (36w, 4d)

Baby is the size of a(n): papaya? must be a big papaya...

Team: 

Upcoming Appointments: Had one this week - got the TDAP vaccine, strep test, and exam. Sounds like nothing is happening yet, and it'll be a few more weeks at least for me.

How are you feeling?: Nervous about delivery and post-partum - the things I can't truly prepare for, not having been through it before...

Rants/Raves: Have everything we need (I think) for the first few months, but just have to get things organized, set up, washed, packed away, etc.

Questions:

GTKY: What is the biggest thing you still need/want to complete before baby gets here?  assembling a dresser (to be used as a changing table), washing the rest of the baby clothes and putting it away