October 2019 Moms

Re: UO & FFFC 6/14

• @galentine I do this. Regularly. And often tell my coworker when it occurs 😂 I am stealthy with customers outside my office but hey, we've all been there 🤷‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • @cluckymama that, or when I get the real thing (e.g. mango, a couple weeks ago) it's not nearly as big as they say it is. Now it's a "coconut" but the picture is so weird. And do they mean husked or unhusked?because coconuts that have been husked are WAY smaller.
  • @cluckymama, I don't even like raisins, really. I was just THAT hungry. 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Yesterday, one of the women I can’t really stand at work goes “hey CMB, when are you due?” The look on her face when I gave my not soon enough comment had me laughing to myself. 

She constantly likes to talk about it with me, and I’m over it. If I want to talk about it, I will, but that’s rare and I’m tired about it being the only thing people want to talk about it. I’m more than just an incubator, lady, and it’s not like you’ll ever meet the baby because I won’t be bringing her into the office. She keeps nagging my coworker to bring his kid in, too, because he never brought her in once she was born back in February.
    sorry, not sorry, we work in a building with hundreds of workers. Not getting my newborn sick just so you guys can stare and cough on her

This woman is legit useless in the office- she can’t do anything other than transfer calls because she hasn’t learned our system after 2 years and always gives incorrect information  
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • cmbt2 said:
    *snip*
    I’m more than just an incubator, lady, and it’s not like you’ll ever meet the baby because I won’t be bringing her into the office. She keeps nagging my coworker to bring his kid in, too, because he never brought her in once she was born back in February.
    sorry, not sorry, we work in a building with hundreds of workers. Not getting my newborn sick just so you guys can stare and cough on her
    So much this! The women in my office are always asking for everyone's babies to be brought in. Yet we work for a flipping delivery service to three different large counties. Between the germs that travel around the office amongst our 80 person staff + the germs that can be brought in from touched scanners or packages, my thoughts were always heck no. DS was over a year before I finally brought him around and by then they weren't interested  because he wasn't an infant anymore, lol. And why should I risk my kid getting sick from here? All of my women co-workers are so catty. I'm not real life friends with any of them but they like to pretend that we are at work. I'll do the same when DD comes. Also sorry, not sorry.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • I totally agree with the not bringing them to the office. We took DS to SOs job at the time cause he worked at a dealership and the offices are very clean and small staffed. But I never took him to my jobs, except the library at my college cause there were only 4 of us 😂 

My confession is we are doing a Fitbit walking challenge at work, we do it every year and this year we have a new set up, with a new app. Everyone can log in and keep track of their teams easier. My team leader for weeks has been reminding us, charge your watches, be ready to get steps, it started last Monday and she has a grand total of 15000 steps. Most of us are you to 60k now. (She does not like me at all) I pointed out that we were carrying the team ND she goes "my Fitbit wouldn't charge" 🙄 she got the special edition versa, brand new like 3 weeks ago. No way it isn't charging already😂 she's just not as active as she thought she'd be.

• SLou24SLou24 member
    @steminist SAME. I make DD turkey wraps a lot for lunch and I frequently eat like half of it. I'm also not nearly as concerned about how much caffeine I have, although I can really only tolerate like a cup and a half these days anyway. But I guess my confession is that when H is around, I'm way more strict cause he's very well versed in that stuff and tends to be way more conservative about it :)  
  • steminist said:
    I'm just not nearly as concerned about food restrictions this time around. Skipping the obvious big ones, but a little smoked salmon? Lunch meat? Caffeine? Enh, we'll be fine.
    And speaking of the obvious big one... I think it's ok to indulge in that too once in a while! Pretend like you live in Europe! :) Also, I have caffeine almost every day.
  • emily1052 said:
    I think that seductive maternity photos are weird.  I mean I get it, our bodies are amazing, but do you really need to see it in a milk bath with a flower crown?  I don’t think so....
    Personally I hate my body except when I'm pregnant. I feel beautiful and powerful when I'm pregnant, especially the second half, and wanted to document that so I took milk bath photos and absolutely loved them! Mine were not racy or anything imo. I was wearing a lace dress with a bra and underwear 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • emily1052 said:
    I think that seductive maternity photos are weird.  I mean I get it, our bodies are amazing, but do you really need to see it in a milk bath with a flower crown?  I don’t think so....
    Might this be a woman on Instagram named Jenni?? I follow one and while I admire her strength after all she's been through.....some of her naked photos make me uncomfortable. Like the ones of her whole family(husband, daughter and her) naked and laying together. I am an artist and totally love the artistic view behind it...but seeing it on Instagram is odd to me😂

• I love the idea of nude maternity. But absolutely not seductive. Covered breasts and pubic area, minimal lighting, things focused mainly on the bump. I am intrigued by the human (woman) body and all that we are capable of. I would love to have them done but I'm also slightly terrified of being that exposed to anyone other then MH. I do have a photographer friend who would totally be willing (we've discussed in the past) but ..... Plus I would be too self conscious to display them so what would be the point 🤷‍♀️
  • @prpl11butterfly exactly. I completely agree. Considering I've taken 3 nude model art classes, it's not the nudity that really bothers me, it's the context inwhich it's portrayed. Like....being proud of what your body is doing is amazing....but I don't like the look at me I'm so sexy😂 

• @andromedacorrine2 I enjoy pregnancy but feel faaaar from sexy lmao 
  • @prpl11butterfly YASSS 😂 I got my hair cut short today and someone commented looking sexy 😂 nah looking chubby but comfy 😂