November 2019 Moms

PGAL 6/12

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up? 

GTKY: If you could live in any era which would you choose and why? 

Re: PGAL 6/12

• 1. How many weeks are you? 17+2

2. Previous loss(es)? 14 week loss last December. 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I have been feeling fine. I have had some lack of movement that would be unsettling if I wasn't checking for his HB daily. I'm moving around nonstop these days preparing for this move so I know that's why I'm feeling less movement. Physically I'm feeling exhausted. I think I overdid it yesterday so I'm paying for it today. 

4. Any appointment updates? I will come back this afternoon and update after my AS. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Tomorrow is my oldest son's bday. He is staying with his grandmother so I won't be able to spend it with him. So I will probably have some emotions surrounding that. DH is out of town until Saturday. I understand he is trying to make the money we need to move our entire household across the country but I have literally packed this house myself with no help. I'm tired. 

6. Any milestones coming up? I have passed my milestones. 

GTKY: If you could live in any era which would you choose and why?  I would live in the 1800's when they wore the pretty dresses with corsets. Although, I wouldn't live in the south with that kind of attire. Talk about being miserable all the time. I would have to live somewhere cool enough to be comfy. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 16+4

2. Previous loss(es)? First pregnancy April 2015 at 10 weeks missed miscarriage. Two chemical pregnancies between my live birth in June 2016 and this pregnancy.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I feel overall pretty good. Some anxiety and at night I google a lot of things like missed miscarriage at 16 weeks symptoms and pregnancy loss causes. I swear until the baby comes out I wont feel safe. I never do. 

Physically pretty good. Occasionally tenderness in my uterus. I cant tell if it is poor hydration, constipation, or jist the uterus growing. Seriously cant wait for regular moments.

4. Any appointment updates? Anatomy scan in T-13 days!! I will literally be counting down. Luckily the rest of this week is super busy, the weekends always fly by, and next week is pretty packed too so Im hoping the 25th will be here before I know it.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Raves: my kiddo started semi private swim lessons yesterday. The instructor was a guy and she cried for the first 10 minutes. She wouldnt have likely done the same if it was a girl. We did some deep breathing and I built her confidence up and then I gave her space to figure out some of the discomfort. She worked through it and the last 20 minutes she rocked that swim lesson. I was so proud of her for sticking with it and for being brave. I was also proud of myself for bot hovering the whole time. I love being able to comfort her but I also want to build her confidence in herself for the times I cant be there.

Rants: I honestly dont have much to rant about. I guess Im sad that it is getting more and more uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach but Im using 3 pillows to still try to achieve it. Also, semi rant-my SIL announced her pregnancy (she is a week and a half behind me) and Im still jealous of her lack of worries about anything that could go wrong. Im still waiting to publicly announce until after anatomy scan. Experience with loss and the sad possibilities just strips so much joy some times. 

6. Any milestones coming up? I am thrilled to be getting closer and closer to 20 weeks. I am counting down to 24 weeks and viability and I can not wait for that anatomy scan (although the morning of I will be an anxious mess!)

GTKY: If you could live in any era which would you choose and why? Eh. I like Victorian Romances so it would be fun to try that out. But only if I could be like a Countess or something. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Emeraldcity1214 I feel your pain with the packing and moving.  We moved to our current house when I was 25 weeks, then packed our life into a POD last year for renovations last year right before my first loss.  It’s hard, but it’ll be so worth it once you’re settled!  

1. How many weeks are you? 15w 6d, I love Wednesday’s I feel so accomplished “finishing” another week!

2. Previous loss(es)? 4 early losses last year, and this January.  I’ve passed three of the due dates now, so that is good.  The fourth is the same week as my son’s birthday, and I really don’t want to taint that so I’m trying to just push it out of my mind and focus on this little lady we’ll be so close to meeting at that point.  

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Same old symptoms and very tired this week.  Emotionally I’m feeling good, I’ve been feeling a lot of movement the last few days and that helps with the yuckiness I’m still feeling.  

4. Any appointment updates? Getting bloodwork for my thyroid today to make sure it’s back to
    normal (I’m hypothyroid, but went to hyperthyroid for some reason 5 weeks ago), but I don’t have my next appt for two weeks.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I made my first girl purchase this week and the world didn’t implode, so that was a good feeling.  I bought the cutest little bonnet, turban, and two headbands, I’m so excited about them.

6. Any milestones coming up? Waiting for the anatomy scan July 1st, other than that nothing.  

GTKY: If you could live in any era which would you choose and why? Do the 90s count?  Bring me back!
  • @purplefan1 I love Victorian Romance too. I have an entire bookcase of books that I love to read. I would also like to be a countess or maybe a Duchess. 

@rogro118 The last time I moved I was in my third roughly 25 weeks. We moved from NE to TX. I had my mom helping me pack. I also feel like I'm struggling due to all the bedrest I was on early on. When I get to AK, one of the first things I'm going to go do is join a gym with a pool. That will at least be something the kids and I can do while we wait for DH to get there.  Also, I wish we could just go back to the music from the 90's. What is that stuff they play these day? (I sound so old 😂) I just can't stand listening to much of it. Although, I guess that is how my parents felt when I was younger. 
  • KurtniKurtni member
    1. How many weeks are you? 18+2 

2. Previous loss(es)? 25 and 7 weeks 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I’ve been so busy at work this week I haven’t even had time to be anxious which is honestly a good thing. Physically doing well- getting some energy back and getting a lot of flutters and wiggles. 

I have my anatomy scan right after @purplefan1 in 14 days!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    None 

6. Any milestones coming up? 

Hmmm, as a woman I would not want to actually live there, but I’d love to be a fly on the wall during the Enlightenment.  

@emeraldcity1214 how was your anatomy scan? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 18 +2

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 miscarriage, 2 chemical pregnancies, secondary infertility 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

Emotionally it varies.  Days that I think I feel the baby are great. Days I don't, I get nervous.  

Physically, pretty good. Getting back pain and headaches though..so many headaches!

Got my next OB appointment early as we are traveling early July. Then the anatomy scan the next day. June 24 &25 I think.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  No

6. Any milestones coming up? Anatomy scan/ 20 week 

I enjoy the fantasy of the middle age. I met my spouse through the SCA (society fir creative anachronisms - medieval re-creation) and enjoyed the pretty dresses. However, I don't think I would actually want to live during other time periods. I enjoy antibiotics, indoor plumbing, Nd civil rights too much. LOL. It would be cool to be able to actually see ancient Greece or Egypt though.  Sign me up for a tour with the Doctor (10 please) - then I can see the future too!
  • @Kurtni it went great. He is perfect and she got all the images and measurements she needed. Ibwas so relieved because I'm only 17 weeks. My OB said my cervix is so long I have some to spare which is awesome because during one of my pregnancies it was short. 

@drama_llama Ibwould definitely want to come back to the present and enjoy the things we have now. I enjoy modern medicine too much!