October 2019 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check-In 6/6

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation. All TTGPers from other BMBs are welcome to participate!

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: what qualities or characteristics do you want in your dream home?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In 6/6

• Options
    @galentine Crashing your thread to say a screened in porch is high on my dream home list too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @greenbean-2, we have a screened-in porch at our house now, and it's our favorite part of the house. We spend so much time out there in the summer! It's hard though because if/when we are ready to move, we will likely eliminate a lot of our options just because they don't have a screened-in porch.
  • Options
    What's going on this week? Baby can now be measured head to toe

How far along are you? 20+1 ( 🤯 )

Upcoming appointments? Had 1 this past Tue, now nothing until July

Cravings/Symptoms? Woke up to a beautiful leg/foot cramp this morning. Had them pretty bad with DS so I'm sure I'm headed in the same direction.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? We got an amazing Tstorm last night. I think we are going to get more today. My knee always gets sore before them and it's still in bad shape today....

Questions?

GTKY: what qualities or characteristics do you want in your dream home? Oh God this is a loaded question right now 😂 Dream home would include a garage and big yard w/pool. At this point I'll take 4 bedroom, 2 bath min (1 being a dedicated master) and a decent yard.

@galentine for the 1st 6m or so DD will sleep in my room in a cradle beside me. It was handmade by my grandfather when my mom was expecting me (I'm the oldest of his grands). Almost all of our family babies have slept in it. I will give it to my bro should he ever find a girl to have babies with 🤞🤞🤞
  • Options
    @galentine Same here with the sweet cravings 🧁🍪🍩 I literally had a milkshake both Friday and Saturday night last week... oops! As to your question, the baby will sleep in a structured sleeper in my bed for the first few months (I don't have this exact one but you get the gist):

After that, we have a side-bed bassinet/co-sleeper that she will sleep in for a few more months until transition to the crib:

@prpl11butterfly Yay for a good appointment this week! I love that your LO will sleep in a cradle that was made by your grandfather  <3

What's going on this week? Baby can taste what I'm eating through the amniotic fluid... so I'm supposed to be eating a varied diet? I guess those milkshakes, chicken tacos and pizza are what she will like when she's older!
    How far along are you? 21+3
    Upcoming appointments? Regular OB/24w + GD testing on 6/25
    Cravings/Symptoms? Anything sweet... especially malted milkshakes! Also, there is not enough sleep in the world right now for me. Feeling huge too  :#
    Rants/Raves/Randoms? DS had to give my tummy a kiss last night before he went to bed and it made me tear up! I can't wait to see him as a big brother. I think we've pretty much settled on her name as well, it just still feels weird... not because I don't like it but because it feels so early to have decided on it. We've been trying to use it more so it becomes natural. 
    Questions? For STM moms, are you having a baby shower for this LO? I feel like the super old etiquette is to say no, but my DS is almost five and now we are having a girl so while we will be using a lot of DS' baby equipment (if it's still in good condition, I need to start going through my storage and checking but first gotta get that stupid dresser out of DS' room so we can put the big boy bed in), it would still be nice to get some girl-specific items or replacements. 
    GTKY: what qualities or characteristics do you want in your dream home? At least 3-4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, open concept, big backyard, two-story, on a cul-de-sac, preferably craftsman-style exterior.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    @stephanie123456 I am completely against a second shower. My mom's theory is that anyone who wants to get baby gifts will do it regardless and I agree. I completely understand how you feel Re:boy to girl. We got the big things gender neutral when we had DS. That being said, if a friend or even a family member were to throw a little something I wouldn't have control over that. I admit I am a bit sad that after everything we've gone through to get here that this baby won't be as celebrated as DS was.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @prpl11butterfly I would be more against a second shower (or sprinkle) if DS and this LO were born closer together (they will be a little over five years apart) and weren't the opposite sex. And I feel also that not to celebrate this little girl is a shame, but I have been fortunate that a few family members and a friend have all talked about a baby shower, as well as my work (I was not employed at my current workplace when I was PG with DS). My feeling (maybe I should save for UO/FFFC but hope I won't be judged too harshly) is that if there's at least a 3+ year age gap AND it's a different sex than the 1st, then a baby shower (or sprinkle) is definitely okay. If anyone gets invited feels otherwise, then they do not have to attend or they can show up sans gift.

ETA spelling is not my strong suit today
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    @stephanie123456 And now I am going to do a milkshake break instead of a coffee break this afternoon.
    @galentine We have a Halo bassinet. Had the pottery barn kids bassinet with DS1 and it was AWFUL. Got rid of that, got the Halo. It was fine, DS2 preferred and incline so I have to makeshift one for him. Also have a pack n play--so will just figure out with #3 likes best and go with it for a few months in our room until he moves to nursery.
    @prpl11butterfly My grandfather also made a wooden cradle, which my sister and I both slept in as newborns. I am certain my parents still have it in the attic so I'm going to ask them to find it. Thanks for the reminder.

What's going on this week? Baby is as big as a baseball hat, which is appropriate since we seem to be building our own MLB team here. Also, also according to my A/S last week he is already 1 lb. 

How far along are you? 21+4

Upcoming appointments? Not until 6/27

Cravings/Symptoms? Fruit, cold drinks, and NOT hot dogs! Which DS1 and H want to eat practically every night. Over it.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? RANT: We are less than a week into having a 4 yr old and ... hello, where is the instant maturity? Still wants what he wants and can't seem to take no for an answer.  RAVE: DS1 got a doctor kit for his birthday and this morning he came up to me and said "Ok, I need to listen to your baby's heartbeat. Where is the heartbeat?" He put the stethoscope right on my belly and said "Your baby is healthy" all matter of fact. <3  Also, DS2 had a music class at school earlier this week and for the past few days has been walking around the house screaming "I got the BLUES!!! dun dun dun dun." It's amazing.

Questions? To answer @stephanie123456's q... I did have a small sprinkle when I was pregnant with DS2. We were team green, so I felt guilty asking people to bring clothes and gifts since there was a chance I already had all the right stuff, but I did want to celebrate the baby! My mom hosted a no gifts luncheon at a cute little bistro with only my closest friends + sister. People brought diapers and gift cards, or a small gender neutral gift. Nothing at all was expected. It was more a celebration. I've also hosted sprinkles for other people and I think they are especially ok if you know you're having the opposite sex baby from what you already have. That said, I wouldn't do a registry for a sprinkle. That seems a little too "buy me a gift" when you probably already have all the big stuff anyway.

GTKY: what qualities or characteristics do you want in your dream home? Oh this is a great question. I want laundry room on the same floor as the bedrooms. A big flat backyard (ours now is a weird shape and kind of on a hill so we are limited to playing in the front yard, which isn't ideal for letting the kids roam on their own). An open concept kitchen to TV/playroom room--we do have an open kitchen now, but it doesn't open to a space where my kids can chill within my view.
  • Options
    @galentine we started with a bassinet next to our bed with DS and it literally lasted zero nights 😬 We ended up bedsharing and still do, it honestly saved my sanity and my sleep. I'm planning a similar setup to @stephanie123456 this time. We'll see how it goes 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
    @prpl11butterfly my leg cramps started this week too 😭
    @stephanie123456 we're doing a baby shower as a friend already offered to plan it for us! We're doing it more as a get together and celebrate more than for gifts. Given your situation (long time between and opposite sex) I'd definitely say it's okay to do a full blown shower!
    @junebabyh awww that's so sweet!! My DS loves the Dr kit at his pediatrician and so I've been thinking about getting him one. This made me want to run right to Amazon! Lol

What's going on this week? Baby is getting wrinkles to later accommodate his chunk 😍
    How far along are you? 21+3
    Upcoming Appointments? In about 2 weeks 
    Cravings/Symptoms? Doing okay this week symptom wise, my ligaments are just so loose in my feet, back and tailbone that I'm super worried for the next 21 weeks... 
    Rants/Raves/Randoms? DS and I had our first "playground incident"... This 5+ year old kid grabbed two handfuls of the back of his romper while he was facedown (presumably because he was already trying to get away from the kid) and tried to force him down the slide (which he's scared of). The other mom was much closer than me and had to have heard my boy bawling and didn't do anything until I got up and yelled. She told me they were working on boundaries 🤦🏼‍♀️ She was apparently so embarrassed they left... I felt bad, but also mad. It's such a weird situation to be in for both parents... 
    GTKY: what qualities or characteristics do you want in your dream home? I feel so lucky to have basically bought mine 😍 but on my list was an office, white trim and cabinets, covered deck/patio, large shower/tub, over an acre and an open floor plan. @galentine we have a water closet in our master and it was definitely something I didn't know I needed!! It's so nice having all my stuff in our actual bathroom! Before I had my hair and makeup in our other bathroom so DH could do his business while I got ready haha 
  • Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited June 2019
    @prpl11butterfly, how special that you'll be using a cradle your grandfather made for you. I love that! 💜

@stephanie123456, I agree every baby deserves to be celebrated in some way. When my sister had her second, I asked her what she wanted to do. She wanted a quiet day with just the two of us and our mom - we went out to lunch, went shopping at a Babies R Us (before they closed 😥) and then had cake at my moms house. I did evites and decorations in what would be the nursery theme, and my mom and I each bought a few gifts, so it still felt like a celebration and we got some cute photos for the "shower" page in the baby book. I thought it was the perfect solution to celebrating without doing a full shower.

@junebabyh, omg how sweet is your DS listening to baby's heartbeat and telling you he's healthy! ❤❤❤ Also, I agree with your requirements for open floor plan and big flat backyard. Good choices. 

@nnaelilak, lucky you being in your dream home!! My H desperately wants an office,  but it would be wasted space for us. Neither of us WFH, and when we do work on laptops, we do it on the living room sofa. 😂

• Options
    edited June 2019
    @galentine in the beginning little miss will be in the PnP bassinet unless we can get her to sleep in her crib. Daytime naps will vary between swing, RnP, me and PnP.
    @prpl11butterfly I hope your leg cramps don’t stick around. A family heirloom cradle sounds so sweet.
    @stephanie123456 so my two cents on showers. I say if someone wants to throw you one then totally do it. I wouldn’t be okay if someone is asking but since you have ppl offering I think you have a very understandable reason. 
    @junebabyh I have a 4 and a half year old. Good Luck is all I have to say. Say what you want about 2/3 4 is hands down the worst. My mom has been telling me since he was 3 just wait until 5, I’d ask well what about 4 and she’d just say he’ll be 5 soon. 

What's going on this week? Little Misses movements are becoming more intentional and less jerky. Digestive system is starting to function and hearing is getting fine tuned.

How far along are you? 21+2

Upcoming appointments? Had one last week, I think the next is the 27th.

Cravings/Symptoms? Good French fries, not fast food, but nice restaurant fries. Also milk, I’m not a milk drinker generally, but it’s been sounding so good. 
    As far as symptoms go, back/hip pain is becoming a nuisance. At night if I lay in my left side I’m really nauseated but if I lay on my right hip it’s tingles for about 20 minutes before going numb. Maybe time to break out Snoogle.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Nothing comes to mind

Questions?nope.

GTKY: what qualities or characteristics do you want in your dream home? This is a loaded question for me. I want a nice on suite with connected closet. At least 4 bedrooms so we have a guest room. The bedrooms need to be good size or we need an area/room that can be for play. A screened in porch sound amazing but I don’t see them much around here. 

Edited to answer GTKY
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @marbellie, stupid FTM question here: when you say he's measuring ahead now - does that mean your belly measurement or actually baby? I assume you are getting ultrasounds as part of your monitoring? Just curious.
  • Options
    @galentine that's a good question... Actually the doctor measured my stomach (so my uterus) but she said "he's ahead". It must only apply to my uterus only though, she probably just misspoke
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat I broke out the pregnancy pillow a week or so ago and it's been a lifesaver for my hips!! 

@marbellie she kinda did I think. They all left (it was 2 moms and they each had 2 kids) and left behind a little girl crying trying to get her shoes on 😬 I went to check on the little girl because I didn't notice her when they first left only a couple minutes later and I wasn't sure she belonged to them. When I was over there, I heard the mom in the parking lot tell the boy "that little boy was really scared. You can't do that". Then the girl went racing over to them. They actually loaded up the kids and stood in the parking lot talking for at least 45 minutes or more... While their kids were crying in their car seats with the doors open... It was such a weird situation.