2nd Trimester
Options

Can husband miss the first childbirth education class?

Hi, all,
I am a FTM and we are about to start our first childbirth education class. However, my husband just found out he has a work function that he's not sure he can get out of and it interferes with the first (and only the first) of the six classes. Can anyone tell me what you did at your first class? Am I going to regret going by myself and having him miss the first class? TIA! 

Re: Can husband miss the first childbirth education class?

• Options
    Hi, all,
    I am a FTM and we are about to start our first childbirth education class. However, my husband just found out he has a work function that he's not sure he can get out of and it interferes with the first (and only the first) of the six classes. Can anyone tell me what you did at your first class? Am I going to regret going by myself and having him miss the first class? TIA! 
    If its only the 1st one, no big deal.  There were SO that missed during our classes.  The last two they highly encouraged your birthing partner to be there, but that was just our class experience. 
  • Options
    FWIW there are a TON of informative childbirth education videos on youtube. If you're nervous about him missing information you can always have him utilize some of those. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, all!
  • Options
    Um, wut?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I think the best person would be to ask the instructor as every class is different. For example, hubby and I will be taking a one Saturday only class that is from 9am - 4pm. So if hubby misses it, he misses the whole thing. Maybe ask the instructor what topics will be covered and look at youtube videos as previous poster has suggested.
  • Options
    @kelgynov20 you do realize that the OP posted this a year ago, right?