Infertility
Options

July 2019 IVF

13»

Re: July 2019 IVF

• Options
    @ACAC25 This is totally normal,  I think doing something to relax or feel peaceful would be helpful while you wait.  Can you schedule an acupuncture appt or Reiki appt?  It would be great to have relaxation and they can work on your anxiety and negative feelings that you are experiencing.  Have you thought of putting sticky notes on your mirror with affirmations.... like " My baby is growing and healthy".  Wishing you get amazing news on Saturday!

39 years old   DH 41.  Sperm looks great.  We live in San Diego  
    Me:  ****TW loss mentioned***
    MTHFR Homozygous 677TT (dx 2016)
    hypothyroid
    8/2018           Off birth control
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/8/2019        Saw fertility doctor, AFC 5, labs drawn
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    4/18/2019      9 week ultrasound  MM , stopped growing at 6 weeks, no HB.  D&C 
    5/2/2019       Return to fertility doctor, labs show AMH 0.27. Diminished Ovarian Reserve
                         1st of 3 Egg retrievals planned tentatively for July
    6/29/2019     started Antagonist Protocol 
    7/12/2019     First egg retrieval, only retrieved one egg and fell apart immediately, poor quality.
    8/7/2019.      Second cycle (follicular antagonist) canceled on day 5 of stims when a very large lead follicle grew out of nowhere.
    11/8/2019.    Second Egg retrieval with Lupron Flare Protocol.  2 eggs retrieved, fertilized with ICSI but no reaction occurred at all.                       Told I will never have my own babies with my eggs.
    12/20/2019    ERA - pre-receptive.  Needed 24 hours more of progesterone
    2/2020          CP
     3/2/2020     Egg donor cycle in Prague at Unica Clinic, 2 AA embryos, 1 transfer, 1 on ice. BFN.  Due to pandemic, we could not return to Prague and will abandon our remaining embryo.
    4/20/2020.  BFP trying on our own! 
    06/04/2020   After HBs at 7 and 9 weeks, MM at 10 weeks 3 days.  D&C, Hemorrhaged out 1 liter of blood from uterine artery rupture during procedure.     Spent 1 night in the hospital with a balloon tamponade in my uterus. Baby was mosaic Trisomy 21.
    8/2020.  Moving forward with Donor Egg cycle at Utah Fertility Center and sharing a cycle with ladypOtter (Gina) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague but couldn't.  
    9/26/2020 Donor retrieval of 26 eggs, 24 mature.  Split cycle so I have 12 eggs with all 12 fertilizing. 6 PGS normal 3 boys, 3 girls
    10/29/2020 Transfer day of  girl donor egg embryo.     BFP! First HCG 92.9. Then inappropriate rise, plateau and falling.  Possibly ectopic pregnancy.  ER visit with diagnosis of "pregnancy location unknown". CP
    1/19/2021 Embryos shipped from Utah to my local clinic, starting prednisone for anti-histamine protocol. 
    2/26/2021 FET girl embryo BFP. Betas 62, 139, 386! HB at 6 weeks, then baby stopped growing at 8 week check up with weak HB measuring 6 weeks 4 days.  MM at 9 weeks. D&C 4/15/21
    7/13/2021 FET boy and girl embryos. First beta 10dp5dt 177, 14dp5dt 1631, 16dp5dt 6809. Pregnant with Identical triplets.  At 9 weeks, Baby C no longer had a heart beat. Identical Twin Girls.   Pregnancy complicated by TRAP Sequence with baby C an Acardiac fetus still receiving blood flow being pumped to it by other girls.  Referred to UCSF at 18 weeks for consultation.  No intervention needed at this time
    2/18/22 After a failed NST, at 34 weeks 1 day, Charlotte born 4lb 4oz and Lily born 4lbs 10 oz.  Our hearts are complete.  Baby girls in NICU to grow and learn to eat.
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    ACAC25ACAC25 member
    Thank you ladies. DH and I caved. With us both feeling so much stress and anxiety about this yesterday we decided to test today. 

So I POAS today. It started showing a second line as soon as I peed on it.

I am 8 days past transfer. My beta is tomorrow. Cautiously happy right now. 

First step in a line of steps.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ACAC25ACAC25 member
    Beta today

My beta came back at 464! My doctor is really happy. I am meeting him again on Thursday to go over meds. I asked for a second beta to make sure the numbers are doubling, he said I dont really need it because the number is high but I think I might anyways. We leave for vacation to go home and visit family Friday so just to put my mind at ease. He is also really curious as to how many babies there are because my number is high. 

My 1st US will be 10th August. Dont know how I am going to survive 3 weeks but going home to visit family will definitely help. 

• Options
    @ACAC25

So exciting!! Congratulations 🍾 take it easy and enjoy your vacation!

• Options
    Hi everyone, 

I have been lurking here for a while now. I didn't really know where I belonged but I feel comfortable posting here now. Both me and DH are 31 and trying for our first (been 2 years). Recently found out that I have a left blocked tube and hydrosapinx which according to my RE doesn't seem permanent as it comes and goes on the scans, possibly due to endometriosis. Started IVF with gonal F and had my day 5 scan and tests today. I initially was told by the ultrasound tech that I had 3 measurable follicles largest is 13.9 and I was freaking out as I thought 3 were too little. Calmed down after my nurse called and she clarified that those are the measurable ones and apparently there are lots of other follicles coming along. Hoping for the best.
  • Options
    ACAC25ACAC25 member
    edited July 2019
    Hi Everyone. , 
    @nasah15 welcome to the group. I'm glad the nurse was able to make you feel better. Keep us posted on how everything is going and ask any questions you have. 
    @nancinator when is your FET? I remember you saying it would be at the end of July. Hoping it is soon for you!

I had my second beta today. 1st Saturday, 2nd today (5 days later). P

My second beta is 2470!  It is doubling appropriately. My doctor said they would have been happy with a number even as low as 700 right now. So I'm really happy. 
    My first US is scheduled for August 6th at 6 weeks 3 days. Hoping to see how many embryos and to check viability. 
    I am having several symptoms, seriously tired, hunger, my boobs are really sore and I'm peeing more than usual. 
  • Options
    marakeshgirlmarakeshgirl member
    edited August 2019
    @jamieswan88 Thank you so much for recommending the book It Starts With The Egg. I bought it after reading your post and have been reading ever since. 2 days ago I bought all the recommended supplements and put the on my night stand so I can take them first thing (except the melatonin). The research results were very helpful to read too.
    Me: 47 Husband: 55
    TTC 6 years
    On a Mini-IVF protocol since May 2018
    IUI: March 2018
    IVF#1: May 2019 - 1 Egg, no Day 7 blastocysts
    IVF#2: June 2019 - 1 Egg, no Day 7 blastocyst
    IVF#3: July 2019 - 2 Eggs, no Day 7 blastocyst
    IVF#4: Aug 2019 - 1 Egg, no Day 7 Blastocyst

• Options
    @ladyp0tter Thanks so much for the welcome. You are the first person I have seen in my age bracket here too (which has made it hard to evaluate the different fertility protocols).
    TTC 6 years

• Options
    @nancinator I think my RE only does mini-IVF's for women my age - traditional IVF's are not their specialty.

Unfortunately they retrieved 2 eggs: 1 did not fertilize and the other fertilized but did not make it to Day 7. Disappointing.

TTC 6 years