Trouble TTC
Options

TTC Check-in: 06/03/2019

Hello ladies! 

Welcome @olivklau

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: Do you have a piece of clothing that you don’t think you’ll ever be able to get rid of? If so, what is it? 

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone 

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@PoeMasque: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole with TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday -  Dx: irregular cycles/mild MFI Rx: IUI 
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI 

@cigaline dx: unexplained/MFI rx: IUI

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis Rx: Lupron

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: Clomid and TI

@ladyava - Dx: PCOS

@cat765_8 - Dx: endometriosis, fibroids, adenomyosis Rx: TI 

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI Rx: IUI         

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: Clomid 

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI

@littleredm - Dx: endometriosis/unexplained Rx: IVF

@optimism3 - Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your treatment plan?   

Re: TTC Check-in: 06/03/2019

• Options
    Hello ladies! From job interviews to getting our house FINALLY on the market, I've been trying to keep up to date with everyone's progress. Just wanted to let you guys know I've been keeping you in mind, even if I'm silent.

AFM: I go in for my last IUI tomorrow afternoon. My husband and I are praying that this is it, but also trying to keep our hopes in check.
  • Options
    hey there! newbie here. :)

1.  How long have you been TTC? - since May 2018

2.  What is your diagnosis? - PCOS, hypothyroid

3.  What is your treatment plan?  - Femara, Clomid, Dexa, Trigger, timed intercourse (for now)

good luck @chiblackhawkie with your IUI tomorrow! praying for y'all and your providers.

AFM: we have an ultrasound tomorrow to see if my follicles are big enough to trigger shot and TI....fingers crossed that these meds worked and we can BD enough! haha.

married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chiblackhawkie GL on your IUI! Hope this is it!

@knockupthestock welcome! GL with your US tomorrow!

QOTW: Do you have a piece of clothing that you don’t think you’ll ever be able to get rid of? If so, what is it?
    I need to tell a little backstory on this one. DH and I met on our high school's robotics team so robots are very much a thing with us. When my family went on a cruise to Alaska, one of our stops was in Canada where I bought a shirt of a robot drumming. It was the perfect shirt for DH as he's also a drummer. Well a few months ago he added the shirt to his donation pile and I had to steal it and wear it as a PJ shirt. I'm stupidly sentimental to any clothing with robots on it.

AFM, been on stims for 3 days and had my US and BW check. Estrogen is at 327, and I have a boatload of follicles! 17 on the left, 14 on the right. I think right now they're all around 4mm or was it 7mm? Not sure, I didn't really pay attention to the numbers showing up on the screen, I spent most of the time in awe of all the follicles on the US.

BTW, I have training for work this week so I'll be absent much this week and won't be able to comment much! I'll be lurking!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Welcome again to @olivklau and @knockupthestock !

@sincethelastday and @cigaline thinking of you two and your beta tests being done. Hope it goes smoothly for you. FX! 

@chiblackhawkie good luck tomorrow and hope your TWW is successful on all 3 fronts- job, house and cycle!!!
    @olivklau I hope your IUI today went well! Good vibes for you!!!

@optimism3 & @sara_tory hope both your TWW are going well. You must be getting close Sara! Hope your endo pain has lessened!!

@littleredm & @inthewoods23 I think you guys were starting stims around the same time.... sounds like you're getting the hang of it @inthewoods23 -- even in less than ideal conditions!! ETA: and amazing results on your US thus far.... that's crazy to me! I just had my day 4 US and they counted 7 immature follicles each on both sides with one on the right already 1.0

Always thinking of the ladies taking breaks too. Hope you've found it to actually be a break and found ways to treat yourselves too during this time off the treatments! @nancinator & @2dogsmom

QOTW: I really don't think I have any articles of clothing that I'm super attached to.... clothes, shoes or otherwise. I have a pair of riding boots I've had and re-soled about 4 times since I was 16. They may be the closest thing!

AFM, coming into a better frame of mind after a 3 day weekend. I watched an epic lot of movies! For some reason I was on a bit of a musical kick: Mamma Mia, Mamma Mia 2, The Greatest Showman, A League of their Own, Princess Mononoke. DH and I also watched 4 of 6 episodes of season 8 of Game of Thrones (have yet to see the last 2 episodes -- no spoilers! Haha).... and we had a date night Sunday night and went for dinner and saw the new Aladdin. <3 I'm sure I'm forgetting some other movie or 2 in there. Somehow also managed to do the regular weekend laundry, cleaning, naps and a bunch of gardening while DH worked on the deck too. Haha

As for cycle stuff- started Letrozole today and did my initial US and BW. I cheated (maybe?) On the full bladder instructions. Rather than get up, pee, drink 1L of water 1 hour before the 7am US, I just got up late and didn't pee when I got up. No one complained, and I didn't have to wake up at 5:30!

The new nurse blunders continued though. The letrozole prescription didn't end up getting faxed Friday... though I think maybe it could have been faxed but the pharmacist added it as a refill rather than filling it. When I went the first time I asked if it was there to be picked up and the pharmacist said no, but we have a refill on file, do you want to fill it?... I guess so! We might give the nurse the benefit of the doubt there as it may have been a pharmacist good. So I had 2 trips to the pharmacy today. Then the nurse was supposed to give me a list of my upcoming US appointments which she didn't have printed so she was going to email me. And they were to have called me this afternoon to give me the green light that BW and US look good and start Letrozole.  Neither happened. I started the Letrozole anyway based on my own assessment of the labs and US on the online portal, they're similar to last cycle. There's a medication section as well that shows the letrozole 1 per day days 4-8. But since most people don't pay for access to the portal they shouldn't be assuming I've read it there, they should have called like they said they would. Also the appointment times are there but they don't specify which clinic location to go to... so again, waiting on someone to do the full job. I left the nurse team a voicemail as I was leaving work so I hope I hear from them in the morning. 

Expecting to maybe start stims Wednesday if I start based on the same day as last cycle, Day 6.

I'm doing Letrozole, Puregon, Ovidrel and Crinone again this cycle, probably all the same doses as the 1st round of IUI. FX!
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Options
    @chiblackhawkie wow, that sounds like a lot of Life Changes all at once! Good luck with the job interview and I hope your house sells quickly :-) I hope you get to squeeze some self care de-stress time in there as well. Fingers crossed for the next IUI! I find it hard to balance being hopeful but staying realistic, without getting super pessimistic! 

Hello and welcome @knockupthestock! I hope you get the results on your ultrasound you were hoping for so you can trigger soon! This group has been a good support for me the last few weeks so I'm sure you'll find it will be for you as well! 

@inthewoods23 I'm really excited to hear about your positive results! That's fantastic that you have so many follicles growing :-) your robot shirt story is pretty funny and cute too. Good luck with the work training!

Fingers crossed for your tests @sincethelastday and @cigaline
    Hope the IUI is quick and painless @olivklau

@hithertorue wow, I'm sorry the clinic is being so disorganized and making this process harder on you. I feel like we do become expert on our own bodies and the right medical judgements after awhile! But we shouldn't have to be alone in making those decisions. I hope they call you back with some answers tomorrow.
     I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend with lots of binge-watching :-) that's pretty much what we did too (4 seasons of Lucifer in less than a week hehe). 

AFM. I've been feeling pretty unwell the last few days- nausea, bloating, GI issues, shakey, chills, etc (no fever, no vomiting, no sudden onset after eating anything). I was only day 22 but I took a test, which was negative. I know that doesn't mean anything but then I started worrying that a stomach bug might be the wrong kind of bodily stressor atm. Today I felt somewhat better...also not sure what that means! So confusing.

Earlier last week I had to book a colonoscopy for next week, because of some other GI issues. It will only happen if I have a negative beta test. Not looking forward to the 24-hour clear fluid diet. It feels like a lot of invasive  physical testing to go thru in one month on top of cycle monitoring! 

The good news was I got an appointment with the special pregnancy team at my hospital (took months) who look after people with high-risk pregnancies because they have other chronic illnesses. This will be a pre-pregnancy consult on how to manage things if I get a positive someday. It's been frustrating trying to get answers on this topic so hoping they will help! 
    Sorry for the rant :)

QOTW- a red dress I wore when my husband and I went out dancing the summer we fell in love 
  • Options
    @chiblackhawkie - wow! You have been busy!! Hope you get some good offers on your house. Have you already bought a new house or still looking for yourself? Hope your IUI goes well today! I know how hard it is to keep that balance between hopeful and cautious, so feel however it feels best at each moment during the TWW. 

@knockupthestock - welcome! Hope you find the support you need here! I hope your US went well and you’ve been given the go to take the trigger.

@inthewoods23 - that is awesome news about how many follicles you have!! I’m so hopeful that this will be your cycle! What are the next steps from here? Do you have an actual transfer date yet? 

@hithertorue - a movie marathon will always get me through the rough times (accompanied with wine of course lol). Sorry to hear about all your continued blunders that you’ve had to face with your clinic. Sounds like you’re taking charge though and just marching ahead with things! 

@sara_tory - hope you start feeling better soon! Sounds like a rough type of flu or whatever it is  :s I’m interested to hear about how your pre-pregnancy consult goes. It’s nice that you’ll already be in their system when you’ll need them for pregnancy support. 

@olivklau - hope your IUI went well yesterday! And that the TWW flies by fast! 

@littleredm - hope your endo doesn’t cause any further issues and that the antibiotics are going well! 

@cigaline - hope your beta testing went well yesterday. I was thinking of you while I was getting mine done yesterday. How have you been doing? 

@2dogsmom - glad to hear that your break from TTC has truly been a break without thinking of TTC! When do you technically get back to doing another round of treatment?

@optimism3 - hope the TWW hasn’t been too bad so far! 

@nancinator - how are you feeling with your decision with proceeding with IVF? Do you think you’ll continue onwards or still thinking about doing one last IUI? 

AFM: didn’t have a great day yesterday. I started getting the familiar pre-AF cramps on Sunday, so I knew I was going to be getting my period anytime. On Monday, sure enough, AF arrived, but my clinic still insists on getting the BW done even if you start bleeding. I tried a different lab because the one I usually go to is a 40ish minute wait (which is pretty much my whole lunch break). I ended up waiting more than an hour to get my blood drawn (which took a total of 2 mins top). I just felt so frustrated sitting in that waiting room, bleeding away (sorry for the TMI), already knowing the result of the blood test. It just felt so stupid. I’m not heartbroken that it didn’t work, because I honestly find it so difficult to think I’ll get a positive. It’s just never happened to me, so it just seems so impossible at this point. I just felt so broken yesterday and betrayed by my body. Not knowing if the egg is even getting fertilized or if it’s implanting has just been driving me nuts lately. Anyways, will start taking Letrozole tomorrow. Feeling a bit better. Thanks in advance, ladies, for letting me rant! 

QOTW: I have some pieces of clothing that no longer fit me, but have some form of sentimental value to me, like a grad sweater, a shirt I bought in Italy, etc. 
  • Options
    Just had the US....no follicle in the right, but one on the left side that's just at about 15mm. RE wants me to continue dexamethasone until Thursday, then trigger shot Thursday in hopes that it'll be big enough by then. It's really frustrating after two weeks of Femara/dexa/Clomid and all those side effects to not see more of a change. But, here's to hoping my little folli grows and is ready on Thursday! 

@hithertorue I am so sorry about all those nursing blunders! How frustrating! I hope things calm down soon for you and they get their stuff together! 

@sara_tory I hope you're feeling better! A colonoscopy on top of all this other stuff, that's rough! That special pregnancy team sounds promising though....I'm excited to see how they can help you. 

@sincethelastday what a tough experience! I am so sorry you had to go through that. I hate that feeling of brokenness and being betrayed by our bodies. It is so hard and frustrating. I wish I knew if my eggs were getting fertilized or implanting or all that ....there are so many unknowns! It feels like we are doing so much but there is still so much that we can't control or know. It's a tough thing. I'm glad I have y'all to talk about all this with!

Thanks for the welcome everyone :) 
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20

• Options
    Omg guys! I want to scream. This nurse continues to be a nightmare. She didn't call me yesterday for the letrozole as I said, so I ended up making a judgement call and just taking it last night. Then she calls me in the morning this morning to say "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, I assumed since you got your prescription sorted out you knew you could take it." But when I sorted out the prescription was in the morning before bloodwork was done. So that was not a well thought out excuse. This morning she also promised she would get me a list of appointments and at what location each of them would be at as there are 2 locations. When she called me this afternoon i missed her and she left a voicemail.... she said she couldn't get the schedule emailed to me but she will have the ultrasound tech provide it to me on Thursday and she confirmed Thursday's location. She also said in the voicemail that I was clear to start stims on Wednesday - day 6, and to call her back if I needed anything for that. 

So I called her back, I told her the US tech doesn't actually have print capabilities and there is no admin staff at that location so last cycle the US admin at the other location actually had to print out the schedule and give it to the US tech to drive over when she came to the satellite location. This was news to her. I know she was just assuming she didn't have to do anything further. When I said that she said she would confirm with the US admin and call me back. I also questioned her on whether I should be starting stims before my second US and bc I am a day late starting Letrozole, i just wanted to be sure that was right. Also if I started Wednesday I would have needed the needles for the pen as I didn't have any just the leftover in the pen from last cycle. She was ultra confused.

Anyway she called me back after a half hour... change in plans, start stims on Thurs since I started letrozole 1 day late and I can get my needles for days I do it myself from them. Also I was right the admin staff has to print a schedule for the tech to physically bring as she cannot print anything in person.

I called one of the veteran nurses this afternoon as I was just fuming. I feel like every interaction with this new nurse I've had to hold her hand and know what questions to ask. I was just feeling completely not confident about anything and obviously highly emotional. As soon as I heard the other nurse's voice I just started crying. And of course felt bad that I was ratting on this other nurse who is new but clearly not ready to be operating solo.

Now I'm just totally fried. And thank you ladies for being a place to rant about this. 

@sara_tory hope you are feeling more yourself soon. Does sound rather like a bug but who knows with some of these medications how you might react. Did you try asking your nurse team about it?

@sincethelastday sorry to hear about AF. It is such a frustrating and defeating thing to go through. I hope you find something comforting to show yourself some love this week! Hugs.

@knockupthestock FX for Thursday!!
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Options
    There's too many of us, I can't keep up!

@sincethelastday yeah it's really silly that they still want the blood test even if AF started. They had mentioned that to me at my 3rd IUI because day 14piui was a day I was out of town (it was a Saturday) so I went in on Monday. The progesterone suppositories did keep AF away though past day 16 when I finally had the test.

I go in again tomorrow to check estrogen and follicle count and size. Repeat on Friday. Go in 1 last time over the weekend to determine trigger day and ER date.

@hithertorue omg I would seriously question using that clinic all because of that one nurse!

@knockupthestock grow follie grow!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @chiblackhawkie praying that this is the one for you too! Sounds like there's a lot going on right now in your life. I feel like that's always how it is though, all the big events happen at once.
    @knockupthestock Welcome! FX that your ultrasound goes well tomorrow and you get the go ahead to trigger!
    @inthewoods23 I hope that your ultrasound appointment and bloodwork all looks good tomorrow
    @hithertorue WOW! I'm impressed with that movie marathon. I haven't seen either of the mamma mia's but I need to sit down and watch them. That's so frustrating about the nurse. I hate when they aren't clear and leave you guessing as to what to do! Don't feel bad for telling them about the new nurse. They need to know so they can get her the training she needs to do the job correctly.
    @sara_tory I hope that you feel better soon. So glad that you were able to get that appointment with the specialty team at the hospital. I hope that they're able to answer all the questions that you have.
    @sincethelastday I'm so sorry about AF. I think it's crazy that your clinic makes you do a beta even if AF is there, why put you through that? I completely understand the frustration of not knowing what's going on in your body with an IUI. I felt that way too during my IUIs. We're here for you to rant as much as you need to!

AFM, My last ultrasound didn't go so well after 3 days of stims. All of my follicles were still under 6mm and they ended up doubling my dose of Menopur to see if that'll get them to grow. I'm trying not to get too discouraged about that because it's still really early. I have another monitoring appointment tomorrow to see how things are going. I know people say that you get used to the shots but so far I haven't. I dread them every day but at least they are over quickly.

QOTW: I have a t-shirt that I got in kindergarten with my school mascot that used to be huge on me when I got it, but now I can wear it as a regular t-shirt. It's SO comfortable and just the fact that I've had it so long means I'll never get rid of it. I usually wear it around the house with comfy pants to just chill and be lazy in.

• Options
    @littleredm come in follies! Grow!! I'm mostly used to the meds, but lately I seem to have an issue with difficulty getting the needle to break skin. Maybe I'm not doing a quick stab movement to break through? I'm also now feeling more aware of how my skin moves as I take the needle out. Bleh...
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! IUI was successful, now BDing for the next two days before the waiting game happens yet again. Kinda glad I have house showings and awaiting job feedback to help distract me from thinking about the wait too much.

@knockupthestock Welcome to the board (though sorry you have to be in this neck of the woods too.) Ugh to even more waiting... Hopefully Thursday will be better! (Yes, dealing with all of these side effects suuuck.)

@inthewoods23 Hurrah for a boatload of follicles! May they lead to success. Good luck with your work training.

@hithertorue Always nice when you don't have to wake up early. And stinks that the new nurse don't seem to have her stuff together... But way to take intuitive. Hopefully after your feedback, the veteran nurse can help her out. Fingers crossed for you!

@sara_tory Sorry to hear about all of your body aches, it's so hard to not think too hard about what it could or couldn't be. And yuck to colonoscopy/24-hour clear fluid diet - that doesn't sound like fun at all. Glad you do have something to look forward to with the special pregnancy team though!

@sincethelastday Ugh, sorry to hear about AF. It's so hard to stay positive when we keep getting knocked down... And I can't even imagine your frustration with having take more time of out your day for a test you know is going to end up negative. It's torture. Fingers crossed for your egg.

@littleredm Sorry to hear about your US. I know my follicles always seem to take forever to grow. And the needle is never fun - it's not quite as scary as the first time, but I'd still prefer not to use it if I didn't have to.
  • Options
    Hello everyone 

Wow, it is indeed hard to keep up! So much going on...

QOTW: ooh, I have a beautiful strapless little black dress from Karen Millen (don’t know if you have that in N. America but it’s the only thing I’ve ever bought from there) which is too small for me on the bust now (oops) but which I’m having difficulty parting from. It’s got a very discrete little buckle round the waist with tiny crystals and a panelled flared skirt with netting underneath. A real gem. Maybe if I found someone I knew would appreciate it enough I might part with it, but it’s probably the most stunning item of clothing I own...

@chiblackhawkie sounds like you have a lot of exciting things happening! Hopefully that will help keep your mind off the 2WW and it will fly by. I’m with @littleredm, the big things often all come at once.

@knockupthestock welcome! Hope you don’t have to stay long, but this group will definitely provide you the support you need until you move on :-) Fingers crossed for your follicle.

@inthewoods23 Sounds like everything is progressing very positively in your cycle! Thinking of you as you approach ER. 

@hithertorue Wow, some people really bowl you over with their incompetence, don’t they? It’s incredible that one person (even taking into account that she’s new) can get things that wrong. I would have been fuming too and think it’s only normal that you should express your frustration to the other nurse. They need to realise the impact on people’s lives that their errors can have and work out away to improve their procedures etc. Because it sounds as though your incompetent nurse is not well supervised in addition to being new. I’m really sorry you had to experience all of that. Sometimes the only consolation is knowing you’ve made the system a bit better for those after you. 

@sara_tory sorry to hear about the GI issues. I’ve had a bit of that in the past, so can imagine how unpleasant it is. Great that you’re getting access to some real expertise though. Fx for your 2WW, sounds as though you’re not out yet!

@sincethelastday oh no! I though of you too on Monday and I was so hoping this would be it for you! How rubbish that you had to wait so long and have such an unpleasant experience. I know exactly what you mean about having difficulty believing it will happen and the frustration not knowing what’s going on. A thought I found comforting in my 2WW was the fact that the first IUI is always a bit of an experiment and the fertility team should be able to use the info from how you reacted to the first one to tweak things a bit and get the perfect protocol for you the second time :-) Also, the probability of getting a BFP on one IUI is only about 20% but I revised my maths with DH and calculated that 3 attempts gives you just over a 50% chance, which sounds a lot better...

@littleredm sorry to hear that you had a disappointing US. I don’t know much about how IVF works, but it seems you’re still quite early in your cycle which still leaves time for them to grow quite a bit? Fingers crossed that doubling the meds helps. My friend had very varying responses to different drugs and ended up having to double her trigger dose to get it to work, but when she did it ended in a BFP :-)

AFM, it’s been a bit of a crazy week so far...
    this weekend for no obvious reason I decided to embark on a frenzy of house cleaning and barely stopped for breath until Sunday evening. When I looked on the Pregnancy day by day part of the family education website I like to read in the 2WW “just in case” something’s happening, it said “are you tired and irritable, and are your breasts feeling sore?” to which the answer was a resounding no! I didn’t have any AF symptoms either, but then I often don’t. Anyway, I decided to POAS on Monday morning as I hated the idea of having to wait until the afternoon for a stark negative on my phone screen. 

So I got up early while DH was asleep and did one of my cheap strip tests. Within seconds the two lines appeared. I just couldn’t believe my eyes. Had to double check the colour and that it wasn’t actually an ovulation strip. I took it straight to DH and in his bleary-eyed state he mumbled ‘what does 2 lines mean?’ before waking up to the reality it was hard to take in...

Well, I went to have my beta in the nearby lab feeling a lot more positive than I expected to! I was in and out in minutes as I’d waited until the morning rush was over - makes up for the highly stressful time I’d already spent in there. Still, results didn’t come through until about 6.30pm and the HCG was at 475. I was still in shock, but it was becoming more real. 

The last couple of days have also been non-stop with preparing to go away and last minute tax declaration panic (the French system is crazily complex and filling in the form is a nightmare). We’re now on our way out of Paris in the driving rain and 12 degrees C outside, not quite what we were imagining for a June holiday! I expect it will all start to sink in over the next couple of days but for the time being it feels like being in some parallel universe. Overjoyed and also slightly terrified at the possibility of twins - not just because of the reality if all goes well, but the high risks involved on the way. Have to do a second beta next week which hopefully will be reassuring. If you don’t mind, I’ll continue “lurking” for a bit (and rooting for you all!) until things are clearer...

• Options
    Hi ladies!! I agree it’s getting hard to keep track but glad we have a good group happening here xx I have been reading everyone’s posts but haven’t had time to write anything. For those in the TWW, keep busy because isn’t it so annoying analyzing every little twinge or cramp? And those with IUIs or IVF cycles coming up soon, best of luck and hope this is the month! 

I am currently waiting to start IVF meds in about 2 weeks!! will not be pursuing IUI #3.

I did BD during my fertile days over the weekend but not holding my breath for a miracle lol. I’m pretty excited to start the process - it’s been so long now and everyone around me is getting pregnant (I just had another friend tell me this morning she’s 6 weeks, she had a loss some time ago and I am genuinely happy - just hard to feel 100% happy really when it’s not working out for myself). I have to say acupuncture 2x a week has been helping immensely. I recommend it for everyone! 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - yeah, they still want the blood work done in case the bleeding isn’t AF but like spotting or something pregnancy related. I had debated calling the clinic and saying, “Listen, this isn’t spotting. This is definitely AF,” but decided to just get it over with. If I’m in the same boat this second time around I may see if I can just skip the BW. 

That’s great to hear that things are looking good for you so far! Good luck at the rest of your appointments this week! 

@littleredm - that does sound rough. I find it can be tiring just going to appointments, so when you do go you only want to hear the best of news. I hope though with the increase of meds that your follies will grow rapidly and that your US went well today! Hope this was the only bump in the road for this cycle and that things continue to progress well!  <3

@chiblackhawkie - glad to hear your TWW will be filled with lots of distractions. All things crossed for you! 

@nancinator - it must be equally exciting and also a bit nerve wracking to start IVF meds, but I hope more exciting! Glad that the acupuncture has been such a benefit! 

*TW*

@cigaline - sending you a big congratulations across the Atlantic!!! What an absolute shock that must have been!! And I love YH’s response! Lol. Really hoping and praying that your numbers just continue to soar! It must be so lovely to have this nice vacation now too - what a nice way to celebrate! Traditionally, board members have stuck around until they’ve passed a certain week/beta test when things seem more clear and stable, so for sure stick around. Again, a big congrats!! 
  • Options
    @cigaline oh wow! congratulations! i hope your vacation is wonderful! FX that the second beta is reassuring for you.  :)<3

• Options
    @cigaline I totally missed your spoiler at the very end of your post!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    @cigaline yay for you! Go on your vacation and hope you can just bask in the glow of it. We've all got our everything crossed that we all get there soon too! 
    ** TW above**

Everyone, do one thing to show yourself some self love tonight. Small (like a special cup of tea) or big.

DH and I have planned to have an at home cozy night instead of him going back to work in our home office after dinner. Snuggle and last episode of latest season of GOT is on the agenda. 

Little nervous for tomorrow's appointment and if this nurse will be any different. Thank you all of you for all your support and encouragement. It's been a very emotionally charged week!! I can hardly believe it was just last week that I had the beta, its felt like so much longer!
  • Options
    **TW**
    @cigaline Congratulations! That's wonderful news :)

@chiblackhawkie Glad the IUI went well! Definitely try to keep yourself as distracted as you can to make the 2ww go by faster!
    @inthewoods23 I've also been more aware of the needle as it comes out, mainly because DH keeps nicking me with it and causing me to bleed the past two nights with gonal pen. I don't know what he's doing differently but I'm like CAN YOU NOT? I did fantasize about smacking the syringe out of his hand before he could poke me last night but I'm an adult so....just breathed and carried on. I've always had a needle phobia so waiting for the day my hands no longer get clammy at the thought of getting my blood drawn or poked with a needle.

I'm feeling a lot better after my ultrasound today. I have 3 follies over the 10mm mark now and 7 that are at 6-9mm. They ARE growing but just taking their time a bit. The RE has raised my gonal now to 300 and I go back on Friday. I'm sad that since they keep raising my meds that I'm going to probably have to order some more which is a big hit to the wallet but c'est la vie.

• Options
    **hope you don't mind a dirty lurker 😉**

@cigaline

so many congrats to you! FX that things go perfectly from here on out!!
  • Options
    @cigaline oh my God,  it's amazing that you got a positive result and I really hope the second one confirms everything! It's good you have a few days in Paris just to try to process everything and be together!

@sincethelastday I'm so sorry about that awful lunch hour you spent waiting to get a pointless blood test. I feel like you have been inside my head, because I can completely relate to everything you said! There's just something so crushing about knowing another negative is coming after so many others. I've been feeling like there isn't much light at the end of this tunnel during the past week. My test is on Saturday. It's terrible to meet you ladies under these circumstances but there is something reassuring about knowing there are other people out there who share the same experiences ❤

@hithertorue I'm so sorry to hear this nurse is being so incompetent. It's just really unfair that you are being put through this on top of the process. Can you make a complaint or request switching to another nurse? Maybe that just makes things harder, but I really really hope that you got things smoothed out soon.

@inthewoods23 hope your tests this week show everything is on track for a
    successful ER soon! That's a lot of testing for one week so I hope you get some down time in-between time in between too.

@littleredm I'm sorry that the follicles weren't growing at the pace you'd hoped for. The drugs and especially injections are so invasive and really mess with moods etc. I'm sorry you have to do more of them! But I hope that they are successful at stimulating follicle growth!

@nancinator I'm sure it will feel good to move from the "waiting to start" phase into the "doing it" phase of starting IVF! Keep us posted on how it goes. I hope the meds have minimal side effects and keeping fingers crossed you have a successful ER when you get to that part! 

@chiblackhawkie hope your week is going by quickly and the house sale and job application process is low-stress and successful!

I'm waiting to do the beta test on the 10th but I would normally expect to get my period on Saturday, so should know pretty soon what my results are. I think I might have been having a bad reaction to a supplement I was trying (NAC) with the weird symptoms earlier this week, or maybe just a stomach bug. I felt better when I stopped taking it, although I'm still pretty shakey. I was probably just reading too much into a normal side effects or stomach flu!

It's crazy how much this process controls your planning, like opening up the fertility app instead of my calendar when I'm making plans lol I went to the dentist today and they wanted to take X-rays. I remembered at the last second that it probably wouldn't be a good idea. I was mentally calculating like crazy when to reschedule, for a time in between my AF and the next IUI, based on shortest cycle to longest cycle, during the dentist's availability. I took way too long to figure it out!

• Options
    @cigaline So happy for you! Fingers crossed for future positive numbers.

@nancinator It's always so exciting to know a new process/hope is coming around the bend.

@hithertorue Good for you treating yourself! Hope your appointment went well.

@littleredm Glad to hear they're growing. And ugh, the cost of fertility meds is re-donk! Especially when your insurance doesn't cover much/any of it.

@sara_tory Glad you're feeling a bit better. Yeah, it's nuts how all of this can start taking over your life. The past few times I went to the dentist, I skipped x-rays because I was in the middle of the 2WW and didn't want to possibly mess anything up.

AFM: Got to BD 2 out of the 3 days that the doctor prescribed. I passed out watching the hockey game early last night, and this morning DH had an interview that he had to get ready for. Not going to sweat one day. Now it's time for the oh-so-fun 2WW.

We've had several people look at our house (no offers yet). Got an email from the recruiter for a job I applied/interviewed for asking for references, so fingers crossed I hear something back soon!
  • Options
    @sara_tory you're probably fine on the X-rays! They put the heavy blanket on you for a reason!

@chiblackhawkie hope that's good news for the job!

My update - things are right on track. Of the large follicles I have 15 on the left, 10 on the right. Feels like I'm carrying rocks low on my body lol. I go back on Sunday for another set of BW and US. Should find out then when to trigger! I think we're right on track for an ER on Tuesday!!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone well. I’ve been staying away during my TWW just to keep me from symptom spotting or getting too invested in an outcome this time around. It’s been working and I’ve barely been thinking about the TWW. I go in Wednesday for my beta and afterward I’ll hopefully do a longer post. In the meantime just wanted to say that I just got caught up and am thinking of you all. The fact everyone is going through the ups and downs of this “together” is really nice. I hope everyone can enjoy the weekend and get whatever it is you need just now. 

PS Last of all I will just say the progesterone has me peeing constantly (sorry) and it is the worst lol. 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 That's great to hear! Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

@optimism3 Completely understandable. You've got to know what's the most healthy thing for you, especially during the rough 2WW.

And so much yes to peeing frequently!! Sometimes I wonder what my co-workers think when I have to go to the bathroom so many times in a day. 🤣
  • Options
    @chiblackhawkie it sounds like we are on the same schedule just about.....we triggered on Thursday and are now in the TWW with a blood test on June 21. Is that about the same for you? Glad we can navigate this TWW together!! 

@inthewoods23 yay for being on track!!!! So glad.

Yes, the peeing is nuts!! I used to never wake up to pee in the middle of the night, and now I'm up almost every night to pee. 

I'm not sure if it's the steroids or the Femara/Clomid or the hormones or what, but I've noticed that I have these little red dots all over my body. They don't itch or anything - they're just super tiny little bumps. Has anyone else had this happen? I guess it could also be from all the hot flashes I get too....just curious if anyone else noticed that!

• Options

My update - things are right on track. Of the large follicles I have 15 on the left, 10 on the right. Feels like I'm carrying rocks low on my body lol. I go back on Sunday for another set of BW and US. Should find out then when to trigger! I think we're right on track for an ER on Tuesday!!
    So excited for you! That sounds like a great # of follicles. Are you on Follistim or Gonal? 

optimism3 said:
    Hi ladies! Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone well. I’ve been staying away during my TWW just to keep me from symptom spotting or getting too invested in an outcome this time around. It’s been working and I’ve barely been thinking about the TWW. 
    I think it's the best thing to do. PMS symptoms are so similar to pregnancy ones (sore boobs, crampiness) that it's just not worth analyzing. 

sara_tory said:
    It's crazy how much this process controls your planning, like opening up the fertility app instead of my calendar when I'm making plans lol I went to the dentist today and they wanted to take X-rays. I remembered at the last second that it probably wouldn't be a good idea. I was mentally calculating like crazy when to reschedule, for a time in between my AF and the next IUI, based on shortest cycle to longest cycle, during the dentist's availability. I took way too long to figure it out!

It is a juggling act isn't it? I have lots of catch ups with friends around the time I'll probably be having an E.R. but I am not going to stress about it!

I'm feeling a lot better after my ultrasound today. I have 3 follies over the 10mm mark now and 7 that are at 6-9mm. They ARE growing but just taking their time a bit. The RE has raised my gonal now to 300 and I go back on Friday. I'm sad that since they keep raising my meds that I'm going to probably have to order some more which is a big hit to the wallet but c'est la vie.

Ah so expensive! I am planning on using Follistim but every pharmacy had different prices for gonal as well. It just makes me feel like we're being ripped off by greedy pharmaceutical companies? like how much does these meds even cost to produce?!

We've had several people look at our house (no offers yet). Got an email from the recruiter for a job I applied/interviewed for asking for references, so fingers crossed I hear something back soon!
    Oh good luck! You just need 1 good offer on the house! xx and sounds good if the recruiter is asking for more. 

Little nervous for tomorrow's appointment and if this nurse will be any different. Thank you all of you for all your support and encouragement. It's been a very emotionally charged week!! I can hardly believe it was just last week that I had the beta, its felt like so much longer!
    How did the appointment go? I love GoT but the final season felt so rushed. I wish they gave us more!! Another show we love watching is Killing Eve. Sooo good. 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 that's so exciting that your ER is just a few days away and you have so many follicles! Can't wait to hear how it goes on Tuesday for you :-)

@optimism3 it's good that you're practicing self-care! I tried to stay away from social media during my two-week wait this time and decided this weekend also avoid a local cafe where we usually go for coffee, but which is crawling with young families. I'm expecting either my AF tomorrow or the beta test on Monday.

@chiblackhawkie that's great news about the recruiter! And hope interest on the house translates into an offer soon. 

@hithertorue hope the appointment went better this time around! 

@littleredm glad the follicles are making sure and steady progress, even if the extra meds are an arm and a leg. 
    It's crazy what the insurance companies don't cover and the pharmaceutical companies charge! 

Good luck everyone else with the two week wait! Mine's almost done, either AF expected tomorrow or the beta test on Monday. Have a colonoscopy on Tuesday if it's negative, yuck, but hope the answer becomes clear well in advance. At this point I wish I could just have a crystal ball and know already, either way!

It's interesting about the x-rays, my dentist seemed reluctant to do one if there was a chance of pregnancy. Maybe it's just an abundance of caution but not really a real risk.
  • Options
    @nancinator I'm using the Gonal-F pen. I have to figure out what to do with my 450 pen because they dropped my final dosage from 125 to 75 after Monday's appt. According to my math that means I need exactly 900 units if my last dose is tomorrow. So bummed that it was a complete waste. I hope I can recoup some cost.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    I had some major emotional burnout this past week. Was so tired with it all. It can be so much sometimes. Cheers (with an alcohol-free radler :D ) to all of us for surviving this crazy journey every day, every cycle. 

@chiblackhawkie - it's great to be busy during the TWW. Hope you're hanging in there.

@knockupthestock - hope your TWW goes well!

@inthewoods23 - holy wowsas that's a lot of follicles!! I don't doubt you feel full of rocks. 

@sara_tory - thinking of you this weekend and hope your beta is the biggest and fatest positive!! :) Feeling any better? I am taking NAC on the advise of a naturopath and haven't really noticed anything untoward from it. Wonder if it was coincidence?

@olivklau - FX for your TWW!

@littleredm - I feel you on ordering more meds. I bought another follistim the other day as I was going to be using the rest of my 300IU cartridge (the additional amount over and above 300IU) so they figured I would maybe need it this morning if I didn't quite get the last 50IU out of it. So I did get the last dose out of it and now we are triggering tonight so not using it again this cycle. Brand new cartridge, $330, I will never be so happy to piss away money than if we never need it! Haha

@optimism3 - glad you've been doing what works for you this TWW! FX for you!!

@nancinator - I'm with you on the acupuncture, I try to go frequently too. I find it helps with stress. And I will check out that show next! Always looking for good suggestions.
    Sorry if I missed someone! I've been trying to keep up this week even when I didn't have it in me to post. Very grateful to have you lovely ladies to share the ride with.

AFM, appointment on Thursday was ok. The new nurse had the veteran nurse there with her again and it was a much smoother appointment. Only 1 follicle this time around even with letrozole and stims. My appointment today confirmed we are on track to trigger today for IUI on Tuesday morning.

I'm not sure how I feel about only having the 1 follicle this cycle. Makes me feel a little dejected - like why am I going through all this if I'm only getting one follicle out of it which makes it the same chances as naturally trying? Am I thinking about that wrong??

We are doing back to back family get togethers this weekend. Both sides of DH's family. Lots of small talk and trying to move on to the next person or group before that dreaded "so you having kids?" comes up!