October 2019 Moms

June Symptoms

Re: June Symptoms

• I've "decided" to start nesting a bit early, which seems to help with the sleep issue. I find that my body is ready for sleep, but my brain isn't (and sometimes vice versa). To combat this I've tried to wear myself out in both ways every day, and nesting helps with that. I still get up several times a night to pee, but I don't turn on any lights and I don't touch my phone.

I feel like I've been hunting zzz's my whole life like I would hunt a Pokémon. Gotta catch 'em all (while I can).
    DD 10/2019
  • I woke myself coughing/choking last night from acid reflux/heartburn.  😳
    I know some of you lovely ladies have commented on this before but I’m not finding what worked to help you in the past.  I have Zantac which kind of helps... is there something better in your opinion?  
  • Loading the player...
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    emily1052 said:
    I woke myself coughing/choking last night from acid reflux/heartburn.  😳
    I know some of you lovely ladies have commented on this before but I’m not finding what worked to help you in the past.  I have Zantac which kind of helps... is there something better in your opinion?  
    Pepcid is also class B. Prevacid and Prilosec are both class C but often prescribed when the class B’s don’t help. 

My pediatrician assured me that Prevacid has no effect on the baby and is totally okay to take- I asked him after DS2 was diagnosed with reflux if the Prevacid I took for 3 months was a culprit and was assured it was not. Just a coincidence. 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Thank you @cmbt2!!!  
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Also, @emily1052, what dosage of
    zantac are you taking? I currently have to do 150mg in the morning and 75mg at night. Even eliminating spicy food hasnt helped 😞
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cmbt2 said:
    Also, @emily1052, what dosage of
    zantac are you taking? I currently have to do 150mg in the morning and 75mg at night. Even eliminating spicy food hasnt helped 😞
    I’m taking 150.  I’m going to start taking it twice a day for a while and see if that helps.  I really hope it does.  I’m not big on spicy foods so thats easy to avoid.  Sorry you’re not getting much relief.  
  • emily1052 said:
    I woke myself coughing/choking last night from acid reflux/heartburn.  😳
    This just happened to me too 🤢 Let me know if anything gives you relief!
  • I'm hopping on the heart burn train. This is so uncomfortable....How much tums is too much? I've heard if you take too many it can cause kidney stones so I don't want to go crazy, but Im not sure I should take Zantac yet until I talk to the doc....or is Zantac a minor med that should be fine?

Also is it normal for heartburn to eventually cause nausea?
  • Cass005 said:
    I'm hopping on the heart burn train. This is so uncomfortable....How much tums is too much? I've heard if you take too many it can cause kidney stones so I don't want to go crazy, but Im not sure I should take Zantac yet until I talk to the doc....or is Zantac a minor med that should be fine?

I don’t know the answer to your questions in the first paragraph but I do know some of my nausea at the beginning of this pregnancy was due to heartburn so that’s definitely a thing!
  • emily1052emily1052 member
    edited June 2019
    Cass005 said:
    I'm hopping on the heart burn train. This is so uncomfortable....How much tums is too much? I've heard if you take too many it can cause kidney stones so I don't want to go crazy, but Im not sure I should take Zantac yet until I talk to the doc....or is Zantac a minor med that should be fine?

My OB said if tumms weren’t working then Zantac was the next option.  Sorry you’re joining the heartburn party 😕
  • The heartburn is really kicking in and this isn’t cool because I LOVE spicy foods. 
    My OB said today the same thing about Tums and kidney stones. She said if I’m taking more than 4-6 in a day it can cause them?! I ate at least 10-12 a day during my last pregnancy 😂 apparently tums didn’t cause kidney stones in 2014. 

Im also getting crazy hot at night these past few days. I didn’t even think about it being pg. related. I never had night sweats with my other pre/postnatal times but when I was on anti depressants I would get nights like that, I’d wake up drenched so bad I couldn’t figure out what happened. I’d wake up freezing and shivering and have to completely change my clothes down to my underwear. It was horrible. I’m sorry for those of you going through that now 😕
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Cass005 said:

Yes, too much of tums daily can lead to kidney stones. It doesn’t happen to everyone, but it does happen. 

Zantac is the go to OTC med for heartburn. I wouldn’t even bother calling on that one. 

Yes, nausea can be caused by heartburn. It’s why providers will try Zantac before nausea meds in first tri
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Thanks Ladies, I'll try the Zantac next. I'm hoping today is better, but we'll see.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    My feet were so swollen this morning that I had to fight to get my compression socks on... they’re usually really loose on my feet!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Is anyone else getting varicose veins down your legs? Mine are primarily in my right ankle. It looks like a sprain from all the bruising but I haven't injured it. It's just throbby. 
  • nnaelilaknnaelilak member
    edited June 2019
    Anyone feeling agoraphobic, not for real scared or even anxious, but just really against leaving the house with no real clue as to why? I've had plans with a friend 2 days in a row and have just not felt up to going even though I was initially really excited to get together... Thankfully we were just meeting at the house she nannys at and it didn't change her plans. But I feel just tired and lazy and a bit nesty I guess? I don't know how to describe it really...

ETA I guess it's similar to a homebody feeling, but stronger and more gutteral? Like I need to be home... 
  • @nnaelilak When I'm feeling homebodyish, weirdly a warm bath seems to help a little. I think for me it's about needing comfort and needing to get it alone, if that makes sense. I'm more introverted, and I need that time to recharge, even when I don't realize it's what's needed.
    DD 10/2019
  • @nnaelilak that’s me all the time.  I just like to be at home with my pups!  
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    meagan-t said:
    These baby movements don't feel like bubbles or flutters, but instead like the baby keeps bopping me for attention. I kind of love it! If I was to liken it to bubbles, I'd say it's like big bubbles that are gently popping. It's such a strange sensation.
    Just wait for the hiccups to start!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Is anyone else getting varicose veins down your legs? Mine are primarily in my right ankle. It looks like a sprain from all the bruising but I haven't injured it. It's just throbby. 
    Yes. 😕 I developed them with DD2’s pregnancy and they are worse this time. I hate them so much! They feel so gross as they get worse. 

I just hope they go away after pregnancy like they did the mast time. 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Ummm. Swollen ankles have already started. WTF. I only experienced this at the very end with DS2. Four months to go...EXACTLY, actually, from tomorrow. 
  • @junebabyh yea, I'm not looking forward to that starting early.

Bloody noses are back for me. Had a few weeks off and then today, surprise!
  • @meagan-t that's a great idea!! I'll try that if I feel it again tomorrow 💚
    @emily1052 I'm almost always a homebody too! This just felt so strong and off, I couldn't really place my finger on it! Do you like to travel? My husband and I always get looked at funny because we hate when we have to use vacation days to go places when we'd rather use them for 3 day weekends at home working on the house or in the yard! Lol
    @junebabyh I felt really swollen the other day after being on my feet too much... Hope it doesn't stick around and you get some relief 💚
  • @junebabyh Ugh those are so uncomfortable. I had them with DD at the end, thankfully I don't think they have started for me  yet but I know its coming lol.

@prpl11butterfly Can you take anything to help with the bleeding?

I'm feeling okay, but today I am beyond exhausted. Like 1st trimester exhausted. DD was drawing and I was knocked out, woke up with her snuggled up with me <3 I tried watching tv when DH got home, was passed out after 10 minutes, and then slept like a rock the rest of the night. I don't even remember my alarms going off. It's a wonder I actually got up in time for work lol.
  • @nnaelilak I actually love to travel!  But when I’m home I like to be home. DH travels every week for work so when he is home we really enjoy our time there.  My friends tease me and call me a hermit 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I just have to bitch got a second- when I get sick, I sneeze a lot. A LOT. I easily go through 3 boxes of tissues.

i had fixed my pelvic floor post DS2, hit being pregnant has undone all that work. I had to cave and buy urinary incontinance pads because I keep snizzing. 

Pregnancy is is so beautiful sometimes...
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • @cmbt2 *hugs* I hope this cold goes away fast for you.
  • cooaladollycooaladolly member
    edited June 2019
    @cmbt2 hope you start feeling better. If it helps at all I'm totally snizzing over here too, but from allergies. Any time a sneeze sneaks up on me, and I forget to cross my legs when one comes on, it's a wrap.
    ETA: correct spelling.

Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Thanks, ladies. My H even sent me to bed when he got home to sleep it off lol he caught me trying to nap on the couch
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Hopefully some rest helps to fix you up @cmbt2!
  • @cmbt2 get better soon!

@nnaelilak I am the same way, would love nothing more than to be home!  Unfortunately, plans just keep getting made for me!
  • My new symptom is lots of cramping and BH contractions.  I have been really busy so I think it’s related to dehydration but still uncomfortable.
  • I haven’t had the snizzing before and know to consider myself lucky after 2 children. However a new thing for me is I pee...know I’m done, then go to wipe and more pee comes out! WTF  I’m sure it’s a shift in how the baby is on my bladder when I change positions to wipe but I legit think I’m good to go and end up practically peeing on my self. 

Its really lovely 🙄
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Where exactly is your sciatic nerve? Is it more lower back pain or does it favor one side--since I know it's often associated with pain in the leg as well? I am waking up with this intense lower back pain. I feel like a creaky old woman even when I first get out of bed after a full night's sleep. It's so-so in the morning, but once I've been up and walking around for a while it starts being a pain (literally) by afternoon. It's not my tailbone. Higher. I don't have another OB appt until end of June, and seems not important enough to contact my doctor on email.   

• @junebabyh what you are describing is, I think, the same pain that I've been getting recently. I don't think it's sciatic, but I'm not sure what it is. I don't have the pain every day but when it's bad it does seem that it's walking that aggravates it, or getting up from a resting position. Similarly I haven't found it quite bad enough to make a separate appointment for it, but plan on mentioning it to my OB next week. Definitely will report back with what he thinks.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @junebabyh The sciatic nerve starts in your low back and goes down the back of your legs. I feel my sciatic pain primarily from my butt to my knee pits but it can get pinched in different places. If it's possible for you, I would definitely recommend a prenatal chiropractor. Oh and mine told me when I'm feeling back pain to ice it. If the ice helps, you'll know it's a muscle issue. If it doesn't help, it's likely nerve related. 
  • edited June 2019
    So.much.chafing. My thighs and arms (sort of in the armpit area) feel so raw. I'm sweaty and everything is rubbing. And my stuff for it is at home. And possibly (likely) even expired.
  • melanier26melanier26 member
    edited June 2019
    I’m currently playing the fun game I like to call “do I feel like crap bc I’m sick or bc I’m pregnant?” I’m thinking I just overdid it the last few days. Been on the go a lot, out in heat/humidity a lot and not eating normally. Today I’m running to the bathroom a lot, nauseous and have a weird headache/dizziness. We’re supposed to go to my ILs for my SIL’s birthday but I have a feeling I will send my boys and stay on the couch 
  • I’m currently playing the fun game I like to call “do I feel like crap bc I’m sick or bc I’m pregnant?” I’m thinking I just overdid it the last few days. Been on the go a lot, out in heat/humidity a lot and not eating normally. Today I’m running to the bathroom a lot, nauseous and have a weird headache/dizziness. We’re supposed to go to my ILs for my SIL’s birthday but I have a feeling I will send my boys and stay on the couch 
    I’m sorry!  Good thing you are listening to your body.  I hope resting up helps.  ❤️