1st Trimester

Sickness and Flying

I am 11 weeks pregnant and have had a trip planned to go to Vegas for a while with my best friend. I have been very sick mainly because of smells (am getting better) to the extent I was admitted to the hospital at one point. I tried to get out of the trip multiple times, but when it came to it I could not without losing a lot of money and putting my friend in an awkward situation. I am calling my doctor for suggestions tomorrow, but thought I would ask if there were any suggestions to help with nausea on flight? It’s like a 7 hour flight time. Also, any other tips or suggestions that I need to know about flying when pregnant? 

Re: Sickness and Flying

• meggymemeggyme member
    Dress in layers so you can stay nice and cool when the AC hasn’t kicked off yet. Stay hydrated and maybe spray a light scent that is agreeable to you in case of any sudden triggers you can pull your shirt or a light scarf over your nose and only smell the perfume. Some people find ginger or those sea bands to be helpful.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Don’t know if I’m too late but diclegis helped me so much my first pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...