Baby Names

Does this girl name sound too old?

Hi everyone!

My husband and I have only been able to agree on one name so far but I'm worried it sounds too old fashioned. 
Leora (pronounced Lee-Or-Ah) and we were thinking Rayne for a middle name.

What are your thoughts on the name Leora Rayne?

Thank you!

Re: Does this girl name sound too old?

• I don’t think it sounds too old, but I’m not familiar with it. I’ve never known one and I had to look it up. So, it sounds new to me, not really old. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    I have never heard it and my first thought was “does she mean Lenora?” I think it might also get mistaken for Leona.

i prefer both Lenora and Leona over Leora.
  • Loading the player...
  • meggymemeggyme member
    I agree that I prefer Lenora over Leora. And Rayne is such a different style they don’t seem to flow to me.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Agree with previous posters. Lenore, Lenora, or Leona are all good options. 
  • Also tossing in Lorna 👍🏻
  • Agreed that it doesn’t strike me as old because I haven’t heard of it before.
    I like Lenora out of the choices people gave. 
  • I love Leora!
  • There is no history on the name Leora so it can not be an old name. 
    Could be from the name Liora which is a Hebrew name.

I would go with another form of the name that has a history, not made up.

• Very confused. We chose Leora because we thought that was the Hebrew name (and spelling), feminine form of the name Leor. Places we read said that Liora was the more modern spelling. We did not make the name up.
  • Very confused. We chose Leora because we thought that was the Hebrew name (and spelling), feminine form of the name Leor. Places we read said that Liora was the more modern spelling. We did not make the name up.
    That is what I found when I looked it up too. I had never heard the name before, which I why it doesn’t seem old to me. Perhaps it is just not mainstream, so people might think it’s made up if that bothers you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Thank you for clarifying. I was just super confused as one of the posters was insisting that the name was made up "with no history," which just isn't true.