Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Weekend 5/25-5/26

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Weekend 5/25-5/26

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom that’s cool about the update! That will be nice to use as I get back to TTC! 

@brookert615 now that’s my kind of camping! Lol. When there’s nothing else to do, HIO! 

Month/Cycle: 5/1 AL

CD: 29

WAYDTGKU: BBT and OPK, prenatal vitamins, folic acid

R/R: just did a 5k for my school district! My running partner messed up her back this week so we walked it! MH walked it with us, and that was fun! It was a good morning! Now going out for ice cream (the lunch of champions) and getting on to cookout goodness! 

CS/Q: I don’t even know anymore. If AF could just start soon to get this cycle over with I’d be so thankful! 

• Options

@brookert615: yay! Glad your trip has been a success! Have fun! Thanks for thinking about us!

@kagesstarshroom: Thanks for the FF tip. I finally paid for the VIP version, and it's actually been really nice so far. 

@ejoseph16 Ice cream is my favorite! DH asked me this week "Do you ever not want ice cream?" And I got a little defensive, and said that sometimes I don't feel like it. To which he replied "Do you want ice cream right now?" (it was 9pm and we hadn't had dinner) Then I had to confess that I had made an 11pm ice cream run the night before and still had some in the freezer. He then said "I rest my case." So, TL:DR:  I support ice cream for lunch!

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPK, CM, BBT, GFJ, RLT, COQ10

R/R: DH and I made yummy cocktails last night and watched a movie. I know that's not much, but we really don't have a lot of evenings where neither of us has something going on, so it was nice. Also, I know I shouldn't drink too much when TTC, but part of me feels like it's the one thing I can do that I couldn't do if I could actually get this TTC thing to work. So, while I don't overdo it, I definitely enjoy a not-so-occassional glass of wine etc whenever I feel like it. Probably not the best coping mechanism, but it's what I'm working with. 

CS/Q: Not much to show yet, but I haven't ever shared my chart, so I figured I would start. 

• Options
    @shoogapoff Oo I love the VIP version, I don't think I could go back during TTC! I think you also can put VIP on "hold," which might be helpful for anyone benched who has purchased it? Also, alcohol is totally okay for TTC--I think in the "Read Before You Post!" post it says "Drink til it's pink" is really fine. I think it depends on your history whether or not stopping drinking is worth trying when TTC? And definitely a drink on occasion is totally a-okay! Don't beat yourself up!

@ejoseph16 So sorry for your whacky AL chart! Hugs.

@brookert615 So proud of you for doing all things TTC in the forest! <3

• Options
    @shoogapoff I was not even sorry! I usually eat semi healthy. Today has just been an eat what I want day. I guess the balance is good? Lol I love the confession! I do that all the time! 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom  sounds like you have a low key weekend! I don’t think I’ve ever heard of controlled flooding, what is the reason ? And thank you for the FF PSA, I paid for the VIP version but honestly never use it but I’m going to give it a shot. 

@brookert615 falling asleep in a hammock sounds so great. I’m so jealous. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. 

@ejoseph16 sounds like a fun day :) 

@shoogapoff I think a glass of wine sounds really great ! Enjoy while you can :) I go through stages where I can eat ice cream every night. But I’m lactose intolerant so I pay for it big haha. It’s worth it though. 

Month/Cycle: 10/10 yikes

CD: 58 

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Vitamin D, provera (because I’m CD 58), letrozole on CD 3, metformin, not doing keto but limiting carbs a lot  

R/R: rant- went to the doctor and got my bfs SA result and his number is less then a million. I made the HUGE mistake of telling my mom the results and that the dr said we have a 3% chance of conceiving naturally and that IVF is more then likely our only option. She told me to just adopt, stop trying and it’ll happen. I didn’t expect her to understand what IVF is or why I would be so upset but you’d think that just regular common sense would tell her to just say ‘im sorry about the results’. I’ve decided to tell people we are not having kids so that if whenever we are able to budget for IVF it’ll just come as a surprise. 

Rave- today is crappy rain weather but I have to work for a few hours. I’m off tomorrow and it’s supposed to be nice weather so I’m going to do some yard work and take my dogs for a hike. 

Hope all of you Americans have a great long weekend !!

CS/Q: has anyone else taken letrozole ? I’ve done research about the side effects and they all sound horrible. If you’ve taken it, what was your side effects ?? 

• Options
    @verydisgruntledpelican0091 I'm so sorry about your BF's results,  and really sorry about your mom's response. Its so hard when people don't "get it", especially people who are close to us, and should understand.  I know I'm not in your shoes, but I can relate to not telling people. Everyone in our family just thinks we're not having kids. (Im 35, and we've been married 6 years, so they've stopped asking.)We haven't told anyone we're trying, so that if it happens, they're pleasantly surprised, but if it doesn't, there's no pressure. It's okay to hold that part of your story as sacred and share it on your own terms. *hugs*
  • Options
    kmornelas29kmornelas29 member
    edited May 2019

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: opk, paying attention to body signs

R/R: pitbull, the rapper just moved next door, and we are bbq this weekend! So excited! Also, my left side is cramping. Possible pre ovulation? We will see. 

CS/Q: no questions 

Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Options
    @kmornelas29 Also had left side cramping (minorly though bc "paying attention to body signs" is for real) today on CD 12. And, um, wild about Pitbill!?

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @kagesstarshroom we didn’t have plans today either. so nice to have a day to get things done/relax every so often!

@brookert615 nicely done on HIO and OPKs in the woods! The hammock sounds so relaxing!

@ejoseph16 a walking 5K is my kind of 5K! I’m sorry about your chart. I was hoping your temp yesterday was a fluke. 

@shoogapoff I used to try to stick to wine but lately I’ve been just going with whatever sounds good. And just trying not to overdo it but during AF and early WTO sometimes I am a little more....carefree😬. It is the one silver lining to BFNs although we would (obviously) rather be KU. 

@verydisgruntledpelican0091 I hope the provera kicks in soon. 

@kmornelas29 are you BBQing with pitbull??
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member

Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: EOD and tracking CM

R/R: After almost a year in our house we bought a table and chairs for the deck and ate dinner outside! It was so nice!

CS/Q:

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom the ovulation pain is real today! Question, does that happen pre ovulation or during? I don’t remember! Yes, pitbull! 

@bows22 we did, but he flew out fir a concert in Vegas tonight. Crazy right? Just moved in and we’re all a little shocked! 

• Options

Month/Cycle: 7 AL, maybe?

CD:15

WAYDTGKU:  BBT, OPK, lots of supplements, keto diet

R/R: Life has been soooo busy the last few weeks and will continue to be the next few.  We are closing on our new house on Thursday.  There seems to be no consistency as far as O day goes the last few cycles.  I was sure I was Oing early this week, because I had signs early, but nope. 

CS/Q: nada

• Options
    @ejoseph16 That’s awesome about the 5k!

@shoogapoff That sounds like such a lovely evening!!!

@verydisgruntledpelican0091 Good to see you’re back on Metformin!

@kmornelas29 Okay so that’s super cool lol. 

@bows22 I bet it’s so wondering to be able to enjoy your deck that much more!

@Kerco925 Congrats on closing! Hope you can get clarity on O!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    kmornelas29kmornelas29 member
    edited May 2019

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: opk and paying attention to body signs 

R/R: were around ovulation, and going to see Aladdin today with the family! 

CS/Q: I had really bad ovulation cramps yesterday. Do you usually get this during ovulation Or before ovulation? I’m reading conflicting reports. Yesterday I took my OPK and it’s a high fertility, and today it’s showing ovulation for the next 48 hours, peak. I feel like it’s weird to only have one high day. Has anyone else had this happen? Is that common?

To give some background info, I was spotting two days before I actually fully started AF.  I was timing everything based off of the two days after when I actually started.   I was thinking I would ovulate more based off of the day I actually started but the OPK seems to be aligning more with when I started spotting. I know ovulation doesn’t always have to happen right smack in the middle of your cycle, but I’m a little bit thrown off this time. 

• Options
    @kerco925 I also have been Oing on not necessarily the same day, but I feel like it's going to be later this cycle than it was the prev. two for someeee reason. Speaking of lack of consistency, my temps this cycle are super weird? I know you're not supposed to start w new thermometer mid-cycle, but my body has been consistently the same to-a-tenth temp (one of two, one day not one of those two) OR my thermometer is wonky

@kmornelas29 Super jealous you are going to see Aladdin, but I want to wait to see it w/ my brother since it was our fave when we were kids. As for O pain, I have no idea. I don't often feel it--and I have other pains that it can get mixed up with. But I was hoping yesterday's side pain was an O pain. My OPKs are telling me otherwise if O pain = release of egg pain, which makes more sense to me than before. As for your other questions, I think that OPKs really work best when used w/ other fertility tracking things--mainly, temperatures, but also CM. If you know when your LH surge is (=peak OPK), that just means you'll O in the next 12-48 hours. CM & BBT are best in confirming that. Anyway, it's all a big guessing game in the end, and these things are just here to help make it a bit easier.

@bows22 Yay to eating outside! Do you have stellar bug-repellent technology? I put some eucalyptus oil in my bag when we went to the brewery last night (I drank seltzer bc they didn't have any stouts-- I would have had one stout!), but I wound up not needing it!
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom Stouts are my favorite too! DH loves cider and hates any beer. When we go out, the wait staff always puts his drink in front of me and my beer in front of him!

@kmornelas29 I get O pain most months,  but since taking OPKs, I'm not convinced its on the actual O day every time- just in the days around it. That's just my experience. 

@bows22 I love eating outside! We need new patio furniture too, but other things always seem to take precedence. Oh, and I agree that drinking is the one silver lining of not being KU! Thanks for the validation. :)
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I had that happen a few cycles ago.  Almost all my pre-o temps were the same and I assumed something was wrong.  I went out and bought a new thermometer, which I didnt like. I went back to the original one once I realized the thermometer wasnt wrong, my temps were just the same.  
  • Options
    @kerco925 Thankssss this story makes me feel a lot better/saner. I was trying to explain to DH how despite the internet being... a jungle, I feel like I found the right part of that jungle to share/listen to experiences of other women. Since knowledge about our reproductive system is so limited--it's either, we get barely any knowledge or it's like "everything is normal!" & everything in between--it makes sense so many of us turn to the internet. Sharing one to one w/ ppl you trust--like, folk knowledge--is just so helpful. Or being on this board has been to me, for, like, stories like yours that are just a minor fact but like... make me feel like "okay this is more normal than my overactive brain is imagining." YA KNOW? Anyway. <3