Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits Check-in w/o 5/20

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/any other healthy habit! 

What healthy habit/s are you working on?

How's it going?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

GTKY: What is a question people ask you all the time? (Bonus points if you add whether it annoys you that they ask it & if not, how it makes you feel otherwise.)

Re: Healthy Habits Check-in w/o 5/20

• Options
    Guess I'll kick this off! 

What healthy habit/s are you working on?
    More eating at home and less stopping for bagels on my way to work!

How's it going?
    So far no impromptu bagel stops this week, but it's Monday.... So... 

What's a "small win" you have from last week? I ordered a dress online for my SIL' s wedding this summer and was delighted that it actually fit me. That was a bit of a confidence boost.

GTKY: I get asked a lot how tall I am. I'm not even that tall (5'10"), but it always makes me feel a bit freakish! Oh, another one. When people see me with my sister, they ask if we're twins a lot (we are not, she is quite a bit older). When people find out about our big age difference they sometimes say "oh, different Dads?". Um, you literally just mistook us for twins, Karen, no, we do not have different dads and mind your own beeswax. 
  • Options

@jennifer_louise I am lucky to live in a bagel desert...being from the NEast, that is very sad to me BUT great for the low-cab choices I am trying to make more often! GL going bagel-less this week! Also, lol Karen & her beeswax.

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Keeping up my yoga practice, low-carb choices, drinking enough water

How's it going? I waited until I had done my daily yoga so I could say that so far so good this week! Trying to figure out how to get more protein into my diet, though.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? 5/7 days drank 48 oz of water or more; 5/7 days did 15 minutes or more of yoga; definitely "cheated" on the low-carb thing this weekend, though...

GTKY: What is a question people ask you all the time? (Bonus points if you add whether it annoys you that they ask it & if not, how it makes you feel otherwise.) I get asked a lot "what ARE you?" or "where are you from?" and usually it's men and usually then mean what is my ethnicity. When they ask where I'm from I usually say New Jersey bc I know that's not the answer they are looking for... Ever since I found out on my dad's side that we are 12th generation Americans (!!) I usually start with that to throw them completely off--then add in that I'm 100% Italian on the other side. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise You got this! Bagels are quite delicious - stay strong! That's great that the dress fit! 

@kagesstarshroom Yay on getting the week started on the right foot! That is annoying that they ask it like that. I like your answer though lol! So cool about your family history!

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Getting back on track with regularly moving more, eating healthy, tracking water intake, and trying to reduce stress levels. I also need to work on the whole when I get stressed out and sad to channel it towards something that doesn't involve self-sabotage. 

How's it going? Good! I did a lot of walking yesterday and tried to make good food choices even though we were out. I had a salad for lunch today and tonight I'm probably doing a naked burger while we are out for DH's birthday.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Just acknowledging that I messed up so I made a point to redirect myself back on track by signing up for a new challenge.

GTKY: What is a question people ask you all the time? (Bonus points if you add whether it annoys you that they ask it & if not, how it makes you feel otherwise.) When someone sees a psoriasis patch and ask if I got burned. When I go to get my hair done and they ask if I've tried dandruff shampoo. And then I have to explain it's an autoimmune disease and it's from the inside out type of healing. It makes me feel embarrassed but I definitely get annoyed. 

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @MrsVP614 Great job on the weight loss! Yeah I can see that question getting annoying about the time you wake up! I used to dye my hair red and a phlebotomist who I guess was also a hairstylist by night told me to dye my eyebrows to match and I was so weirded out lol
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 @MrsVP614 My dad's second wife had red hair, and I only found out RECENTLY (they've been divorced for like 20 years) that she wasn't a natural redhead. I was like W H A T. 1) I don't remember if she also dyed her eyebrows and 2) I am... not very perceptive. Like, someone could get glasses or lose 20 lb. and I'd be like "....something.... is.... different...."
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom You're too cute! I feel like some people can get away with it but I'm pretty sure most salons don't do it? IDK. My hair is like a reddish brown anyways naturally and everyone assumed it was natural until I went back to my OG color for my wedding!  :D
    TW
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited May 2019

@jennifer_louise mmm bagels. Hope you made it thru Tuesday without stopping

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Eating better + exercising more regularly

How's it going? well so far this week I haven't made it to the gym so that's not good. I took a 30ish min walk during work yesterday and plan to walk the dog tonight, then get back in the gym tomorrow AM.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Finally made it back to the gym twice! 

GTKY: What is a question people ask you all the time? (Bonus points if you add whether it annoys you that they ask it & if not, how it makes you feel otherwise.) "Where'd you go to school?"..since no one ever really leaves Louisville, it's the big topic of every discussion when you're meeting new people.. except they don't mean college, they mean high school. I don't know why this annoys me so much. I think it also goes without saying that any time someone asks me when we're having kids or "oh doesn't looking at those babies give you baby fever?!?!" related questions drive me up the wall.

Edited to keep trying to add more tags but apparently it only wants me to talk to Jennifer

• Options
    @b_1029 That's so crazy about the school! Also totally agree about those questions!  :/
    TW
  • Options
    @b_1029 lol at the tags being weird. also, i wonder if ppl ask that question a lot where i live since it's right near a big college town (where i go/teach at) and soooo many of the kids are from that town/surrounding area. I always make them say where they're from on the first day & it's so many of the same place--but I like hearing! Your walks are inspiring me--but it's 90 degrees out right now & in the 90s all week. I need to find a good time of day to walk. I skipped yoga today bc of my stupid meeting, but I do it at home so there's really no excuse! I'm just like, "Well, I am already wearing these clothes, I don't want to change to yoga clothes." #BadExcuse.
  • Options
    mvt2003mvt2003 member

@jennifer_louise oooh now I want a bagel too! Congrats on the dress!!

@kagesstarshroom Good for you! Nosy people deserve snappy answers!! 

@brookert615 Sometimes redirecting yourself can be the hardest part, so kudos to you!

@mrsvp614 OOh a fellow WW lady!! Are you online only or meetings?

@b_1029 - my tags are wonky too! Small town mentality is so hard. I'm living in MH's hometown, and it's so townie!! 

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Getting back to my morning workouts, and back to fully tracking my WW points.

How's it going? Good! I ran this morning, and tracked all of yesterday and today. I missed Sunday, but tracked Saturday which is huge for me. 

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I had a couple of "bad" weeks in a row (I had a TWW where I successfully convinced myself it was going to be a BFP, and I ate accordingly. And when I got AF, I ate to console myself). I gained back 8 of my 75 lbs lost!! I'm back on track though, and surviving this TWW. I've already started to see the scale go down, which is a relief. 

GTKY: What is a question people ask you all the time? (Bonus points if you add whether it annoys you that they ask it & if not, how it makes you feel otherwise.) This is a work-related thing. I handle the season tickets for my company for 2 of the local sports teams, 1 of which is going to the playoff finals. I cannot tell you how many people are asking me for the tickets! No! Just, no! First of all, the people who are asking are so far down the org chart that even if I had access to these particular seats, it would be laughable that they would get them. Second of all, the seats are out of my hands for this! It's just so irritating when people show up at my desk with this expectant look like "heyy can I get the crazy expensive playoff tickets?"  :D

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @mvt2003 Great job tracking! That's great you're seeing the scale go down again! It's super tough during the TWW and then AF! 
    TW
  • Options
    mrsvp614mrsvp614 member
    edited May 2019
    @b_1029 LOL I'm from Louisville too and YESSSSSS the high school question! Ha! Like it really matters? My only guess is that people seem to know someone at each school, so maybe they try to find people in common? But yes, it seems to definitely be a Louisville thing. (For the record, I went to Male. Ha!)
    ETA: Then in college, people from anywhere else in KY ask, "what county are you from?" which is super weird, being from an actual city. 

@mvt2003 I do online only for WW. I did meetings years ago, but I can't really make meetings work with my schedule now. Good for you for getting back on track! I've been back and forth over the past few months, and it's amazing how much the program actually works when I stick with it. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20