Group 2 Check In (Aug. 8-14) w/o 5/20

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): 

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do for stress relief/self-care? Has pregnancy changed your stress relief/self-care routine? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Group 2 Check In (Aug. 8-14) w/o 5/20

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug. 11 / 28+1 

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Next check up is in a couple weeks

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, I've been trying to get back into working out which helps my energy level. 

Rants/Raves: Rave- Yay for making it to third tri! 

Rant- In the last week or so I've had a couple family members ask me for legal advice (I'm an attorney that practices in a somewhat narrow field). For ethical and practical reasons, I don't give advice, but I direct them to resources that could be of help to them. One family member thanked me, but the other one didn't even acknowledge my help. Super frustrating! 

Questions: Has anyone noticed a pattern in their LO's activity? I can tell when he's active and not, but its not like he's on a set schedule of activity.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do for stress relief/self-care? Has pregnancy changed your stress relief/self-care routine? The one thing that I've been doing consistently is getting my nail done. I hate doing my own nails and think that they never turn out well or last very long. The splurge every 2-3 weeks keeps them looking good and helps my self-confidence. 

Pre-pregnancy I used to read a lot. Now, I just don't have the attention span and energy after work to do a lot of reading. 

MamaK225
  • @Lotus_2008 - That would be frustrating! I know you aren't asking for a present or billable hours, but - damn - a Thank You would be nice. You don't *have* to do these things for anyone. Also, I've switched to using Audible more. It seems to help me feel better about my major slowdown in reading.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/16 (RCS on 8/9 or 8/14): 27w3d
    Baby is the size of a(n): Romaine lettuce/eggplant Frankenveggie (?) :D 
    What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Pink
    Upcoming Appointments: Glucose test on 5/31 ... FX.
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good, feel like I'm close to the tipping point (ha!) between actually looking preggo and feeling preggo ... hoping for a few good weeks
    Rants/Raves: Rants - Toddlers are dicks. Raves - I'm magically still equal/on-par with my first pregnancy so I'm feeling more comfortable with how it's progressing and not so worried about next week's GTT.
    Questions: 
    GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do for stress relief/self-care? Has pregnancy changed your stress relief/self-care routine? Sleep. Whenever I can get some extra sleep, I'm taking it. I have also been diligent in planning pedicures so that I remember to take some "me" time; even found a place in town (where I work) so that I don't have to take 1/2-days to do these things and push them out. They don't do nearly as good of a job (see: crazy callouses/skin growth - THANKS PREGNANCY!), but it's reasonably priced and it gets the job done.

**History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Loading the player...
  • @MamaK225 I love a good pedi, especially in the summer! I always get the shellac b/c I feel it lasts longer.
    MamaK225
  • @Lotus_2008 I only started getting them when I was preggo with DD1. I have super sensitive feet and I hate people touching them, BUT, yeah, I like a smooth set of soles and pretty nails don't hurt ;) I don't think I've tried shellac, but I do always get OPI. I feel it lasts longer and doesn't damage the underlying nail. I'm not too rough on my feet, so it will last a solid 4-6 weeks, depending on nail growth.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• emqbeeemqbee member

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/12, 27+6 today.

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant apparently :/

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: f/u ultrasound on 5/31, then to review it 1 week after

How are you feeling?: very anxious. u/s is to review baby's size. she dropped in her percentile range enough to possibly rule us out of the Birth Center plan if she doesn't increase enough at next scan.

Rants/Raves: Raving about my baby shower! It was so nice to celebrate with everyone. Ranting about this next level anxiety that’s coming with pregnancy...and will apparently not ever end!

Questions: I’ll oribably post this in a busier group but has anyone dealt with a SGA/IUGR scare?

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do for stress relief/self-care? Has pregnancy changed your stress relief/self-care routine? I really enjoy soaking in a tub with epsom salt. It helps the body to feel more relaxed. But other than that occasionally, I’ve really been lacking in self care. Trying to do better...

MamaK225
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    I think people forget how far a simple ‘thank you’ goes. It definitely makes a person feel taken for granted when it’s not received. I’ve been thinking a manicure would be nice too, my mom took my sister and I to get our toes done over mother’s day weekend so that was nice but I’m also funny about my feet. I sure do enjoy when their nice and smooth tho!
    MamaK225
  • @emqbee So sorry that you're having to deal with that stress, especially this far along. Fingers crossed that you get a good u/s result. 
    emqbee
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    Thank you @Lotus_2008 I’m trying not to get too overwhelmed until we know something concrete. But it’s so so hard not to worry