Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 5/20

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What are one or two random facts about you that most people might not know?

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 5/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/5 33w 3d

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Not until 5/31. This weeks appointment ended up getting moved back to last week.

How are you feeling: Done, same symptoms different day. Tired, pelvic/hip pain and pressure, more painful baby movements, and just blah. Definitely over it. 

Rants/Raves:  Had cramping for hours on Friday , they were not in sync with contractions so I just kind of waited to see if they got worse or went away. I feel asleep and woke up and they never came back. I ended up having a 3rd Tri Ultra sound on Saturday morning. Baby girl was measuring spot on and everything looked good. Which was a relief with all the pain and pressure. The first thing the tech said was ”Wow, her head is very low”, no surprise there based on my symptoms. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What are one or two random facts about you that most people might not know? Umm, I can still do a one handed cartwheel. 🤷‍♀️🏻 I'm horrible with this kind of stuff.  

@gbud630 - I wouldn't say movements feel different at this point for me, I would say they feel stronger and more painful. 

• Options
    @hoodevil0611 I think it sounds fine to skip a bassinet. We used one last time in our room, but may opt for a pnp this time instead.  We put the crib in the nursery right away bc we start naps in there while the baby is still sleeping in our room overnight.
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    @hoodevil0611 - I never had a bassinet with my first. I used a pack n play with the bassinet and newborn attachment. It worked great because baby could lay in the bassinet and all the essentials were right there underneath in the insert. With my second, we got a bassinet from a friend and I hated it once we put it in our room and I never even used it.

@keebler6elf - Even though this is baby #3 for us my husband is still nervous to an extent. Of course it is for different reasons than the first time, but I think it's something that's normal. I'm still nervous about how this labor and delivery will go and how the family dynamic will change after LO arrives.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7, 33+1

Baby is the size of a(n): celery or a ferret

Team: 💙

Upcoming Appointments: I just had an NST this morning, one more NST/OB visit on Thursday. 

How are you feeling?: Stretch marks are growing on my belly. :( the SPD pain kills when I get up from laying down. I’ve been feeling very short of breath lately, so my OB suggested using my inhaler. I’m just so over it! Haha. 

Rants/Raves:  Rave: We pulled up DD’s hair to pig tails yesterday! It was stupid adorable! 

Rave: I coaxed it out of DH this weekend that he is planning a baby shower with my parents for baby boy. I had lunch with a few friends this weekend and one mentioned that she couldn’t make it to the party... I was confused, but played it off. Went home to confront DH, and he had to tell me. That man can’t keep a secret from me! Haha. So at least I know it’s coming. I was so bummed a few weeks ago thinking I may not get to have one for baby boy. I’m just excited to see everyone and hang out! 

Rant: I did the 24hr urine test this weekend. The nurse told me “we’ll probably just do a dip” unless it comes back negative again and then we’ll use the rest of it! Like, I did not pee and collect 2000 ml’s for you to just “dip it”. Gah!! 

Questions: has anyone else used an inhaler during pregnancy? I’m a little worried to try this. 

GTKY: What are one or two random facts about you that most people might not know?

Unless you went to college with me, you would not know that I was section leader for 40 trumpets at my University’s marching band. There were about 300+ people in the band at the time. It was awesome! I’m also half Canadian (I didn’t get my dual citizenship in time, or else I would have that too.) I have never dyed my hair, I’m naturally strawberry blonde. 

• Options
    @hoodevil0611 You don't need a bassinet. I slept in baby's room (we put a bed in her room) so she was in the crib from day 1 at home. We had a bassinet we kept in the living area of the house that I could easily relocate to other rooms if I was cooking ect while baby was sleeping or playing. This time I got a swivel bassinet but only because getting in and out of bed multiple times a night after a CS was painful and I'm trying to avoid that this time around. I also have a bassinet attachment for my stroller that has a stand with wheels (it's rated safe for overnight sleep) so I'll have this downstairs with me so I don't have to have baby nap in the bedroom all the time. I plan on relocating baby to the crib once she outgrows the swivel bassinet or once my CS incision is not bothering me anymore.

@keebler6elf My SO is nervous about EVERYTHING. I don't think he can go 2 minutes without asking if I'm ok. Honestly when it comes to all things baby and child related I'm probably more nervous than he is...but I just hide it better. Seriously, when DD is even a bit sick he is a disaster. I has to bad him from being around when one of us is sick because I end up spending more energy trying to make him feel better than anything else. He is now only permitted to make reassuring comments from now until baby gets here with everyone healthy and safe.
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    @Panaceia - I hope you feel better soon. Being sick when pregnant is the absolute worst!
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 if you’re having a really hard time breathing and your ob said it’s ok, I wouldn’t worry about using it.  If I needed to, I’d use mine. I just haven’t had a need. I haven’t been very short of breath (knock on wood).
  • Options
    Est due date / weeks + days: July 2nd 34w 

Baby is the size of a squash 

Team Blue!

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound today, midwife Thursday and OB next Friday - I feel like all I do is go to the doctor 

How are you feeling? Over it. Pelvic pain and pressure, cramping in my legs and hips, painful baby movements, etc. Just ready to be done and for him to be here! 

Rants/Raves: My rave is that we finally got our basement (mostly) finished - the bathroom still needs to be done down there but DDs playroom is set up and the space is basically liveable now - plus I’ve been able to start storing stuff down there which has allowed me to finish baby’s room so I’m super happy about that. Rant, we have new neighbours next door, the house next to ours is a rental so that’s not super unusual but they have this truck that is so loud my house shakes and our bedroom is at the front of the house so everyday at 630 it wakes me up. 

Questions: anyone’s babies still turning? My DD was head down by now and stayed there but this little guy is still turning back and forth, so that worries me and is also super uncomfortable at this stage, when he turns it almost makes me puke because he’s so big! 

GTKY: I feel like I’m an open book so I’m really struggling to think of anything! 

@Panaceia my DD is the same with my husband because he works so much - we do live together but I think when he comes home her attitude is where have you been all day and why are you telling me what to do. He and I also have different methods of discipline so I’m sure when he approaches things differently than I do and it’s not what she’s used to she just ends up confused - I’m sure it’s that much harder with the current living situation, I would definitely approach it the same as you are and let him be the fun dad until you guys are in the same space and slowly transition him into a more active role as a disciplinarian. 
  • Options
    @mrscammack YES! My LO is turning all the time too and I get super nauseous every single time it happens. It’s the weirdest feeling. I don’t remember that with DD, but that’s probably because she lodged her head in my rib cage and wouldn’t come out. (She was a CS baby, and breech!) 
  • Options
    hakelehakele member
    @jenniferjoy37 Big time asthmatic over here. Something that is really great about inhalers is that they are considered very safe for use when pregnant. It is more important to stay breathing and keep yourself well oxygenated. Also, the other cool thing with inhalers is that they are effective because they send the medication straight to the lungs where it is needed. 
    They do find that the medication can transfer across the placenta, but again, it usually doesn't outweigh being able to breathe. So, with that in mind, they recommend that you only use it as needed. I'm on Singulair for my asthma maintenance and it has prevented me from having any attacks for about 2 years now, which is awesome. I've used my rescue inhaler about 3 times during this pregnancy when I was wheezing. And management of my asthma was a huge part of my conversations with my doctors ahead of getting pregnant and at my confirmation appointment. 
    I'd say, give it a try and see if it gives you relief. It doesn't, then don't use it again. 
  • Options
    @hakele Thanks miss! Glad you’ve had experience with it to share! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 34 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): children’s tennis racket

Team: blue

Upcoming Appointments: today, NST, sono, bloodwork and biweekly follow up

How are you feeling?: kind of worried. I haven’t felt much movement these last few days. My appointments is in about an hour. I called about my concerns and they’ve decided to have me hold off on going into L&D and will take me straight back to do my sono at check in.

Rants/Raves:  rave- we’ve downsized considerably from toys to clothes to things we’ve just never used. I’ve learned we have even less things for baby than I originally thought.

Rant- we have practically nothing for this baby. We’re pretty limited on funds atm since our basement flooded a couple weeks ago and has started to flood again and more rain is on the way.

Questions: any last minute purchases you need? For the most part we just need diapers and maybe some clothes. We have a bed and a car seat, but I feel like we’re missing something and can’t put my finger on it lol

Gnomes give me panic attacks, like garden gnomes. I can’t watch them in movies or even walk past them in a grocery store. 

• Options
    key33key33 member
    @hellmanpartyof5 - I only have three things left on my registry, Pacifier wipes, waterproof crib pads, and new baby brushes (all my kids have had headfulls of hair when born, and this one does too u/s confirmed)
  • Options
    @key33 all my boys have been bald babies 😂 my oldest had a little bit of fuzz and now has incredibly think dirty blonde hair and my youngest was bald until after his 2nd birthday. He’ll be 3 next month and just had his first hair cut to even it all up. My second born was born with what we called a little curly rat tail and that was it 😂 no hair anywhere else just a little bitty curl at the base of his skull. Cutest little thing ever.
  • Options
    @hellmanpartyof5 I need diapers, wipes and some formula to keep on hand just in case my milk doesn't come in for a while like last time (but I'll likely send SO for the formula after delivery since the hospital provides some to start if needed). And maybe a bottle with some inserts (I'm a fan of the Playtex drop ins...I bought a couple if different kinds to try but I like the convenience of the disposable liners). So not much left to get:)
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    @hellmanpartyof5 - Aww, how cute. Both of my oldest two lost all the dark hair and they both lightened up so much in the first 6 months. #1 was born with jet black hair that turned light brown. #2 was born with dark brown hair, lost most of it and turned blonde. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 3, 34w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): I don't remember, a cauliflower? Haha

Team: Girl

Upcoming Appointments:  Weekly appointments are temporarily suspended! Next one is at the beginning of June.

How are you feeling?: Hmm, large. 

Rants/Raves:  Rave: Baby girl has grown! She's up to the 37th percentile (from under the 10th a few weeks ago), which is a huge relief.  Rant: Why did my in-laws feel it necessary to wish me a happy "ALMOST mother's day"?? I know this was over a week ago but I still find it annoying. Am I not currently mothering?

Questions: After a very long search, I finally (within the last two months, after I had decided to give up) landed a job in my field. I'd like to eventually go back after having the baby (and they are being very generous with leave), but I feel like I could use others' perspectives and experience with this transition. What goes into making your decision? How has it worked out for you? What advice can you give me? 

Also, and I'm glad to see some of you mentioning it this week, my husband also travels A LOT for work. Everyone with experience, please pass down your wisdom and knowledge.  :) I am a FTM, and I anticipate the baby's arrival/general existence being much more complicated because of his travel schedule.

GTKY: What are one or two random facts about you that most people might not know? I have no wisdom teeth. Never have, never will! Also have a bicornuate uterus, but I've told you all that before. Genetic anomalies, hooray!

• Options
    @pizzaplz For me personally, I knew I couldn't be a stay at home mom and those thoughts have not changed since having our DS.  However, I did decide to push for going back part-time.  I decided going down to 80% would give me an extra day with my son but still allow me to have my career.  My advice on this front is if there is something you think you may want, ask!  I put together a business case for going down to 80% and presented it to my boss, while also requesting to work one of my four days a week from home.  My boss was initially nervous about the 80% part, but after presenting all my points about how it would work, she was happy to agree to it, knowing it meant I was staying.  It was difficult going back and having to send my little babe off to daycare, but the adjustment period didn't take too long and for me, it felt great to get back into a routine with work and to have my own life outside of the chaos of home.  It is very easy to feel like you can't give your whole self to work or home anymore once you go back to work.  It has taken some practice to push aside those feelings and just know I'm doing the best I can.  Congrats on the job!

@hellmanpartyof5 My last minute purchase list still includes a lot of things, ha, but if it helps here are some of the smaller random ones: lanolin, nursing pads, new onesies, new swaddles, sound machine, humidifier

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 6 / 33w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Pick a large fruit, any large fruit ;)

Team: Green

Upcoming Appointments: Had a boring checkup this morning, next one is June 4th and then weekly from there

How are you feeling?: Meh.  Overall, I really can't complain but the pelvic pain has been getting pretty bad lately.  I refuse to turn over in bed anymore because it is sooo painful and I usually will hear a pop in my pelvis.  Getting off a couch or bed after being on it for a while is also terrible and I usually have to bend over for a minute before I can slowly stand up.  

Rants/Raves:  Rants: I'm feeling behind on prepping for this little one.  I have a million things in my amazon cart but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.  We also really need to get serious about our name discussions, eek.  Raves: Warmer weather!

Questions: Any STM+ have good input on a double stroller?  I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere but appreciate any insight.  I've landed on the City Select Lux, but despite knowing friends who have loved it, the reviews are just so terrible. 

GTKY: What are one or two random facts about you that most people might not know?  I have been skydiving twice.

• Options
    @pizzaplz on the going back to work. For me it wasn't a choice it was a financial necessity. Even when we both work I make far more money than my DH. Both of us working would mean daycare, with his whole salary going to pay for that. Better to have him home with babies knowing my whole world is being cared for by the other person who loves them most.  
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    @Sparty18 - My oldest was 22 months when our second was born. She was starting to want to walk more when we were out & about. I decided on a Graco sit and stand type stroller (The Ready 2 Grow model). When #2 was in a newborn car seat it connected facing us in the stroller and our oldest could sit in front. Once #2 was out of the car seat he could sit in front and #2 could get on and off the back. Last year we still got lots of use out of it on day trips and my kids were 5 & 3. It has lots of storage under too which is great for a diaper bag, jackets, etc.
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    @pizzaplz For us, it just made financial sense. But also, I couldn't be a SAHM - it just requires a skill set I don't have and I was frazzled every day towards the end of my maternity leave. At 10 weeks out, I was still like "I can never leave my angel!" but by the end of my four month maternity leave, I was R-E-A-D-Y to get back to work. I started back part time for the first two months - 9am-2pm every day, so I could still spend a lot of time with my daughter. Then I transitioned back to full time. I highly recommend going back part time, at least for the first couple of months, if you can. It helped me physically (I could ease into pumping at work), emotionally (I missed her!), and mentally (I hadn't used my brain like that in months!). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pizzaplz I also couldn't be a SAHM. I was off for a year with DD and was so ready to go back. I was lucky I had my mom offer yo take care of her which she did for almost 2 years until DD started school. It was a pretty easy transition for me but mostly because I knew my mom was with her. This time I'm taking the full 18 months and DD 2 will be starting her school at 18 months old. Luckily I know all the teachers at the school and trust them so I'm hoping it won't be as hard as it was leaving DD there the first time. 

As for SO being gone a lot for work...I actually didn't mind it. It was a little lonely at times but it just became my new normal. I didn't feel like I needed him there and being the primary care giver just became second nature. If he's working on a schedule that you're already used to you'll probably find that it's not a big deal. I actually liked being alone with DD most of the time. And then whenever he was home he was totally focused on DD (and still is) which is so wonderful. 
  • Options
    @hellmanpartyof5, we still need almost everything.  Have clothes and carseat(need to install), need just about everything else, starting with a place to sleep and diapers.

Update on my US- somehow I managed to lose another 3-4 lbs in the last 2 weeks, but baby is measuring in the 75th percentile and looking low and ready to go.  Ignoring the scale from now on.
  • Options
    @hoodevil0611 Don't stress about the weight. My grandmother was pregnant with my mother when they were escaping through the Alps during the war (she had 3 other children already). They were all starving and my mom was born in an interment camp in Austria at some point. My grandmother always said not to stress about weight during pregnancy. Baby will always find a way to take what they need from you:) My mom reminded me of this with my first when I was in the same position as you and losing weight throughout. DD was a healthy 8lbs 8oz at birth!
  • Options
    Little late in this weeks but here it goes!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7 

Baby is the size of a(n):  Fanny pack

Team: pink!

Upcoming Appointments: 
    One next week. Got my GD results checked last week and doc was happy so far with diet but I feel as if my levels are getting harder to control. So I'm a bit nervous about the next one!

How are you feeling?:  mmm never been better 😂 my lower back has been killin me the last two days..hard to even sit up in bed.

Rants/Raves:  We are having our baby shower tomorrow so I'm  super stoked!  Also DH and I have talked it out where I'm gonna quit working after next week...I just feel like a cop out bc it won't be paid time off, but he is gonna work more hours to help make up for it.

Questions:  None I can think off right this moment xD

GTKY: What are one or two random facts about you that most people might not know? I am a beatboxer and that's actually how I met my husband!