July 2019 Moms
Options

Pet Peves -rant thread

1. Touching my belly. My husband and innocent kids get to do this randomly. That's it. Someone did it from behind me the other day and I didn't even see them coming in and it scared the cr*p out of me. I get you want to feel the baby move and it's cool,  but this is a very intimate part of my body and I'm very naturally protective of my belly. Also, did you see the baby move? No, she's sleeping right now.  Plus I have an anterior placenta so you probably won't feel her anyway.  Please ask.

2. People telling me how small my belly looks as if it's a compliment.  Listen,  I'm not on a diet, in fact, I'm struggling with the fact that my baby is measuring too small, will be in the NICU and won't be able to room in with me, and paying copays out of my a** on tests EVERY WEEK.  Am I supposed to thank them for a "compliment"? Awkward.

3. Asking me how I'm feeling by telling me how I'm feeling "you feel good,  right?" - nope, I actually sprained my foot 2 days ago on top of having sore feet to begin with. Or the "baby's doing great,  right?" - sure.

4. Being shocked that I'm still working. Really? It's not the 1940's anymore,  and yes working late in pregnancy at a physically demanding job sucks. And boy are those precious 6 weeks something most working moms are gonna casually take off bc their feet are sore.

Feel free to add to my list. 😆

Re: Pet Peves -rant thread

• Options
    1. Touching my belly. My husband and innocent kids get to do this randomly. That's it. Someone did it from behind me the other day and I didn't even see them coming in and it scared the cr*p out of me. I get you want to feel the baby move and it's cool,  but this is a very intimate part of my body and I'm very naturally protective of my belly. Also, did you see the baby move? No, she's sleeping right now.  Plus I have an anterior placenta so you probably won't feel her anyway.  Please ask.

2. People telling me how small my belly looks as if it's a compliment.  Listen,  I'm not on a diet, in fact, I'm struggling with the fact that my baby is measuring too small, will be in the NICU and won't be able to room in with me, and paying copays out of my a** on tests EVERY WEEK.  Am I supposed to thank them for a "compliment"? Awkward.

3. Asking me how I'm feeling by telling me how I'm feeling "you feel good,  right?" - nope, I actually sprained my foot 2 days ago on top of having sore feet to begin with. Or the "baby's doing great,  right?" - sure.

4. Being shocked that I'm still working. Really? It's not the 1940's anymore,  and yes working late in pregnancy at a physically demanding job sucks. And boy are those precious 6 weeks something most working moms are gonna casually take off bc their feet are sore.

Feel free to add to my list. 😆
    QFP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    I'm confused by #2. Are folks already anticipating NICU stays due to birth weight? Feels like we still have weeks for the babies to pack on pounds.

I know I'm not supposed to feed the trolls but I'm curious.