Group 1 Check-in (Aug 1-7) w/o 05/19

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Boy/Girl/finding out later? 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what's the best vacation you've ever taken? 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
Re-started TTC Aug 2016
Started IF testing Nov 2016
Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

Re: Group 1 Check-in (Aug 1-7) w/o 05/19

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 29 weeks

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Girl

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash (but measuring ahead,  so closer to butternut squash at 33 or 34 weeks size)

Upcoming Appointments: rhogram shot on Tuesday

How are you feeling?: good! 

Rants/Raves: 9 more working days and then I'm on summer holidays to go to Canada and summer holidays will flow right into maternity leave.  Woohoo!

Questions: 

GTKY: what's the best vacation you've ever taken? Road trip around Norway with dh probably. Or a trip to Italy that dh planned entirely. (He does most of the trip planning but that one I didn't know where we were going until we got to the airport.  All I knew was "Europe")

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• hemlheml member
    @BigBadWolf12 What’s a rhogram shot? I’m so jealous you only have 9 more working days! I told my boss last week that my last day of work before leave will be July 26... seems so far away. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 2; 29w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Acorn squash 

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow will be a short check-in, then another ultrasound to check placenta position two weeks from Tuesday. 

How are you feeling?: Earlier this week I felt great, sleeping well and lots of energy and that tapered off. 

Rants/Raves: Still trying not to worry about the low lying placenta since there’s not much I can do, but that’s not going well. Weather is supposed to be sunny, so I plan on spending the afternoon by the pool! 

Questions: What’s left on everyone’s to do list? I feel like most of mine needs to wait until closer to 37 weeks... hospital bag, baby laundry, car seat installation. 

Our honeymoon to Germany, France, and Spain was pretty magical. And Greece last year was spectacular. I’m soooo looking forward to traveling with this little one. I already have trips to Cancun and Austria planned for her in the coming years! 
  • Loading the player...
  • BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited May 2019
    @heml rhogram is for when mom has a negative blood type and baby has positive.  So mom's body doesn't make antibodies against the baby/future babies

It only is needed sometimes if mom is negative and baby is positive or unknown

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• mkrelmkrel member
     @BigBadWolf12 does your ob care that you’ll be missing appointments with all of your travel?

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/3 29+2

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash

Upcoming Appointments: 5/31. Check up and growth ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: . Having more trouble sleeping because of discomfort and peeing constantly so I’m also tired, but overall good. 

Rants/Raves:  Three day work week for me. We are taking our last little trip as a family of three this weekend! 

Questions:  

GTKY: what's the best vacation you've ever taken? My wedding honeymoon. We spent a week in key west where we got married and then went to Hawaii for a week. It was so much fun and the perfect blend of partying and then total relaxation. 
  • @Mkrel I'm sure they'd prefer I was here,  but I think I'd only be missing one appointment anyways bc im seeing them right before I leave and right when I come back. Sweden treats pregnancy as a normal thing and everything is optional anyways, they don't view it as a disease or condition that "needs" intervention and treatment generally speaking,  so unless there are warning signs they are pretty hands off. Even with her measuring 4 weeks ahead and we don't know why,  my midwife consulted with the conferencing OB and the other midwives at the office and said I didn't have to change travel plans.  Just reminded me to have travel insurance and use Canadian medical care if I need anything. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• nimo-adnimo-ad member
    Hi ladies! I've had so much going on the past couple of weeks and just became a creepy lurker, but I'm glad to be back on here

@BigBadWolf12 Wow! I'm jealous that you have such few days of work left and hope you really enjoy your trip

@heml I still have about half of my to-buy items up on my list, really hoping to have that completed in the next few weeks.. I've been wondering how early is not too early to do the baby laundry though since I've bought everything on that front

@mkrel I hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable trip

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    Aug 5th/ 29W

Boy and Girl!

Arcon Squash

Upcoming Appointments:
    May 31- growth scan, regular OB appt and to begin shots for babies lungs development

How are you feeling?:
    Tired, but happy for every extra week and day I get to keep the twins baking, am hoping we make it to 38 weeks

Rants/Raves: 
    The kicking is getting pretty intense! I keep reminding myself to enjoy every moment of it..

Questions: 

My girlfriend's and I took a 4 day girls trip to the coast last year, the best ever
  • moon1417moon1417 member
    edited May 2019

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 29w3d  8/2

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Boy! Baby Emmett

Baby is the size of a(n): Pineapple!

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow afternoon - she's going to tell me I gained too much weight, but Its stresssssssss

How are you feeling?: OK    eta - I think today I need to make a todo list of everything we need to do before baby comes.  Do you realize its about 10w4d away! OMG

Rants/Raves: We took our 2yo to see Thomas this past weekend! It went so well - she was awesome and had so much fun. She was so excited and we spent way too much money on her because of it haha

Questions: 

GTKY: what's the best vacation you've ever taken?  Probably my honeymoon.  It was amazing - we went to Mexico Excellance Riviara Maya (spell check on that for sure). 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• sw1122sw1122 member
    @moon1417 - no, I cannot believe we're so close - I keep panicking because I'm not ready, I need more time!

@heml - we still need to get a car seat and newborn clothing. I'm getting a little anxious because I'll be almost 37 weeks at the time of my shower, so I'm worried we'll be scrambling to get everything else we need. I hope baby doesn't come too early.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28 w + 6 d

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Boy

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for my glucose test

How are you feeling?:Tired, but otherwise pretty good.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: How long does it typically take for you to get glucose test results? My doctor gave me a sheet of instructions that said that we'll discuss the results at our next appointment, but I don't want to wait 2-4 weeks.

GTKY: what's the best vacation you've ever taken? The most memorable vacation was probably our honeymoon to Vietnam. We spent the first few days at a beach resort and then spent a week and half exploring Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi.
  • hemlheml member
    @moon1417 We are SO close to a single digit countdown!

@sw1122 I had my glucose test on a Friday afternoon and got the results Monday, so super quick 
  • @sw1122 I had my glucose test results instantly. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    8/5. 29 weeks 

Girl 

Head of cauliflower 

Upcoming Appointments:
    May 28th for a checkup 

How are you feeling?:
    My back has been killing me. I guess baby girls sitting on a nerve. 

Rants/Raves: 
    It’s Monday and I’m so over work

Questions: 

I loved our honeymoon to St. Lucia but my favorite trip was definitely my high school graduation trip to London, Paris, Florence and Rome. 
  • @sw1122 do you have an online journal you can see the numbers even if they doubt have the official "debrief" until later? If you fail it I think they'd call you right away,  but maybe confirm about that? I can't imagine then just sitting on a GD diagnosis and not contacting you for 2-4 weeks.  I've always heard "no news is good news". We have a different system here and I did the 2 hour,  not the 1 or 3, but I did the test on a Thursday morning,  results on my online journal by Friday at some point,  follow up appointment the following Friday and that felt like forever. 

@newmamakt how did you have results instantly? :open_mouth: did they do a finger prick or a blood draw?  They give instant results at regular checkups where they go the finger prick but I've never heard of that for an official glucose tolerance test before. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    August 2nd, 29 weeks + 3 days

Boy! The first in my family in 20 years!

A gallon jug of milk

Upcoming Appointments:
    June 3rd, just a normal check up. Bi-weekly appointments from there!

How are you feeling?:
    Fine! More defined kicking/punching, especially at night. No more little flutters of activity here.

Rants/Raves: 
    I just realized how low my couch is because I have to struggle to get off of it now. I feel/look/sound ridiculous trying to get up off of it, haha.

Questions: 
    How close to the birth are you pre-registering at your hospital, if you're giving birth in a hospital? 

I love San Francisco, it's my favorite city. My husband and I took a week long vacation there a year and a half ago, and it was his first time, so I had fun showing him the sights. I don't know why, I just think it's a magical place. I'd live there if it wasn't out-of-control expensive.
  • hemlheml member
    @flagchic I sent in my pre-admission form to the hospital last weekend. My OB gave me the form at my last appointment. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 29+6, July 30

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Boy!

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash

Upcoming Appointments: starting every 2 weeks so I have ano5er this thuraday 

How are you feeling?: tired and easily winded. Although I just found out today I have anemia so that explains some why I’m struggling more with it this go around

Rants/Raves: got my new car and am loving it. So much more space 

Questions: 

GTKY: what's the best vacation you've ever taken? Croatia hands down! 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @BigBadWolf12 it was a finger prick. Maybe it’s different and that’s not an official test? That’s all they made me do though was drink the nasty sugar drink wait an hour then prick my finger. 
  • @hillaryo14 glad to hear baby's heart is growing healthy <3 

@newmamakt GTT isn't routine here,  so all I know is my experience with the 2 hour (blood draw but they do finger pricks at routine pregnancy appointments for everyone) and what I read on here from (mostly) American health care. So it might be standard and I just haven't realized it.  

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016