January 2020 Moms
Options

Plus Size Mom Check-In WO 5/14

peppyj9peppyj9 member
edited May 2019 in January 2020 Moms
Hi plus size mamas! Here's a place to check in and let us know how you're doing. Ask any questions. Express your worries. 
Any doctor recommendations?
What are you eating?
Are you adding any mild, physical activity into your daily routine?

Edit: autocorrect 

Re: Plus Size Mom Check-In WO 5/14

• Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    I haven't had my first doctor appointment yet but prior to conceiving I started eating Mediterranean style as recommended by my doctor. I like it because it doesn't feel like I'm dieting so it's easy to stick to. I eat more vegetables and fruit and I switched to whole wheat bread, pasta and brown rice. In the meantime, I'm sticking to this unless my doctor suggests otherwise. I've also been going for walks every evening just to keep my body moving. It's still early but other than some cramping, I feel great! 
  • Options
    I was on weight watchers prior to conceiving. I’ll stop that but keep my intake of sugar and processed foods low. I eat lots fruits and veggies normally. During my pregnancy with ds I couldn’t eat chicken but I’m hoping that doesn’t happen this time, as I usually eat alot of that too. I’ve beem taking walks with ds when I can, so hoping to keep that up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't seen the doctor yet, but I had lost 13 lbs by calorie tracking with my fit bit just before I got pregnant.  I plan on asking the doctor or nurse what to do calorie wise so I don't gain as much as I did with my last pregnancy, which was about the recommended wight gain for my size.  My husband and I are trying to add in more walking, especially since we weren't particularly active beforehand.  He wants to continue doing the Jillian Michaels dvd we had started, but I'm afraid to do it anymore  with it being so early.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    @breweber2010 I'd be scared to do the Jillian Michaels DVD too. DH is walking with me each evening which is nice but he keeps hinting that maybe I should do more exercise. He actually had the nerve to tell me about a co-worker's wife who ran a marathon at 6months pregnant and "she was fine" 😡 like, um, yea, babe, she was probably already an athlete. I'm not going to be running any marathons this pregnancy so fall back! I know he's just worried and thinks he's being helpful but it's frustrating and I keep having to remind him that the first 12 weeks are the most vulnerable and I'm scared to over exert myself when I wasn't super active before conceiving. I'm like "I'm waiting for doctor's orders, dammit!" Right now I'm mostly focusing on eating healthy and not eating more than 1 serving at each meal even though I feel extra hungry! 
  • Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    @kbrown2385 why couldn't you chicken with your DS? 
  • Options
    @peppyj9 I had a food aversion to it. The look of raw chicken and smell of cooked made me want to puke. I couldnt eat it starting around 6 weeks until after I gave birth. Ds is almost 4 and I still have a little trouble when I grocery shop and have to buy it or cook with it lol. 
  • Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    @kbrown2385 oh wow, that's crazy! I wonder what causes food aversions like that. I hope I don't get any. Especially with something as essential as chicken! Does your DS like chicken? Does what you eat or have aversions to affect your child's taste that you've noticed? 
  • Options
    @peppyj9 ds eats anything and everything. I don’t believe food aversions have anything to do with that your children will or won’t eat, at least in my experience. I believe it has more to do with what you introduce and incorporate into their diet.
  • Options
    @peppyj9 - I agree with @kbrown2385 that aversions in pregnancy have nothing to do with what your child will or will not eat. Same thing with allergies. Also, chicken and other meats are pretty common aversions in pregnancy. I also had aversions to coffee, chocolate, and peanut butter. 
  • Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    @marebear15 that's good to know! I had read somewhere a long time ago that you're supposed to eat peanut butter when you're pregnant to keep your child from having a peanut allergy. I was all geared up to eat peanut butter every day 😅 But if you had an aversion and your DD is fine then clearly that must have been a myth 🤷‍♀️ I'm sure there's all kinds of myths though! Hard to keep track. 
  • Options
    @peppyj9 - Yep! DD's favorite snack is a peanut butter sandwich, and she strangely loves coffee too. We gave her a sip because she was begging for it, thinking that she would spit it out, but she asked for more :D Now we are just like, "Go drink your milk," lol!
  • Options
    @peppyj9 I'm pretty sure that's a myth. I'm allergic to peanuts and my mom ate a lot of PB when she was pregnant with me. And on the flipside I of course ate none while I was pregnant with my son and he loves it.

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    @marebear15 that's so cute! 😊
  • Options
    I cut out soda & lost about 10lbs right before getting pregnant with DS.  Last time I actually lost weight unintentionally while pregnant bc I couldn't handle large portions of food like usual and I craved fruit more than anything!!  I'm hoping it is the same this time around!! As far as exercise I haven't really thought about it. I was not super active before but do plan to swim more this summer so we may add in some walks in the afternoons!
  • Options
    rae_qrae_q member
    edited May 2019
    My go-to workout is karate & boxing, but I've been off and on for a couple months leading up to getting pregnant bc of pelvic/back inflammation. Now I'm not really sure how much I should workout. Obviously I'll keep the higher intensity parts and fighting out of the mix but I do want to keep up with my training to an extent. Yesterday we had a day of errands and shopping, and I was so exhausted by the end of it. I had to take a break when I was at Target because I started cramping (btw those glider rocking chairs they sell are very comfy :D ).