August 2019 Moms

Mother’s Day 2019

FTMs: Did you celebrate your soon to be new mom status?

STMs: How did DH and the kids make your day special?

Or was it all about your mom/MIL?

Tell is about your day!

Re: Mother’s Day 2019

• DH is currently at work. but will hopefully be home within the hour. I hope he doesn't intend to take me anywhere because I woke up with hives on my face.
  • Loading the player...
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    Happy Mother’s Day! 

I printed my mother a photo of her and my boys and got her favorite chocolate. 

MH got me flowers and cards from the boys then took us out for brunch. DS2 is a terror so it was more choke down your food so we can get out of here! 
    I just took a nice long shower and now I’m gonna try to nap... only cuz DS2 is napping too lol

hope you all have a nice day 
  • aecmaecm member
    Happy Mother’s Day, all! Hope you’re having a fantastic day!

We got up and headed to church...which is always interesting with a 2y/o. All the parishioners seated around us were super nice, as they smiled and lied when they said my kid was being wonderful 😂. After the service we headed to a delicious brunch. DD was actually shockingly well behaved during the meal. I was only a little bummed that I couldn’t enjoy the bottomless mimosas this year. Then I went to prenatal yoga, so now I’m feeling all limber and relaxed. It’s been a great day!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • hemlheml member
    Had brunch (& a mimosa!) with MH, then spent some time reading by the pool because it’s been a gorgeous day here. Can’t believe this time next year I’ll have a 9 month old! 

Hope you all had a wonderful day!
  • Happy Mother's Day!
    STM- we went out to lunch and are spending the rest of the day just relaxing at home. Nothing exciting, but perfect for me.
  • Happy mother's day everyone!

I made my mom brunch today (Berry French toast casserole with caramel sauce, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit salad and fresh cinnimon buns). And we played a few games. For the last.... 5 hours, my parents and sister have been helping us clean and pack, fix stuff around the house and sort crap for moving lol. 😂

Ive organized a dinner next weekend for my MIL with all her kids/grandkids.
  • texasmommahentexasmommahen member
    edited May 2019
    We celebrated on Saturday as we live a few hours from my mom and it was easier to wrangle my brothers together for dinner on a saturday rather than sunday. We drove into town to meet everyone at a nice italian restaurant but before we got together my husband surprised me with a trip to Tiffany’s to get a charm bracelet with a charm engraved with our daughter’s initials. When we settle on a name for our son he promised me the marching boy charm. After that we met my mother and family for delicious italian food and made the long drive back home for cheesecake and movies in our PJ’s. Al in all it was a great mother’s day and a fun way to celebrate our last Mother’s Day with just our little girl. 
  • FTM—I drove to my parents house last night (H stayed home because he had to work). We celebrated my mom by having a seafood broil at my brother’s house.  My parents gave me this beautiful Willow Tree figurine of a pregnant lady and her hubby, my SIL got me flowers, and the mom of my SIL got me some cute baby clothes and headbands.  After I got back home, my BFF dropped off a cup that says Disney Mama on it and rainbow colored cotton candy (for my rainbow baby). H is at work til late so I won’t see him but there was no card when I got home and I haven’t gotten any texts from him either. 
  • I had a really great weekend! DH had both days off which he almost never does, so that was great. On Friday we went out for tacos then DH gave me a new board game and DD gave me some present she picked out for me at target (almost all of them toys for herself). Then on Saturday we went out for breakfast and for a small hike followed by Dairy Queen blizzards. On Sunday DH made me eggs and then we saw the Ugly Dolls movie (doesn't have the best messaging, but DD LOVED it). 

I sent a card to my mom and called her, but I'm pretty firm that while I'm raising kids, this holiday is for me. We're going to see my MIL next weekend.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH never makes a big deal out of holidays which secretly totally bums me out. 

My requests were that I did not have to cook, that DH helped with the kids and I wanted the main living space picked up. Well DH took my restful day as a chance for him to lounge on the couch all day too. The kitchen and living room are still a mess. He did make a delicious steak dinner so that was nice. I ended up handling the kids more than I wanted to because DD was super whiney and DH kept losing his patience. He really is amazing but making holidays special is not his thing. 

DD was very excited to give me a canvas butterfly made out of painted feet. Last week we celebrated Mother's Day at DS' school and he was excited to give me a flower pot that he painted. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• STM and mine was pretty uneventful, which is fine by me. Was woken up at 5:45 by DD and an early morning thunderstorm. So I was already disappointed I wouldn't be getting my 1-2 hours *alone* at the pool. DD was extra sweet, so waking up early wasn't a huge issue, since it gave me an hour or so of sweet snuggles (and I had only one bathroom break, giving me about 7-ish hours of uninterrupted sleep). Nothing fancy for breakfast - DH isn't a breakfast person - but I did get served a heaping bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios (that DD didn't even try to steal!) with a glass of champagne (we were out of OJ), so as close to brunch as I was gonna get :) Then a trip to Lidl - DD picked out some tulips for me - and an early-ish lunch at one of my favorite hole-in-the-wall places where I don't have to worry about being on "mommy duty" with a 2 y.o. (it's already kinda loud and the booths are secure enough that she can basically do whatever without bothering anyone). Watched "Wine Country" on Netflix - it's pretty damn good, ladies - with DH during nap time and then some time at the park (since it wasn't too hot or too humid - and was pretty sparse) and appetizers-for-dinner at another favorite hole-in-the-wall where DD entertained/was entertained by the waitstaff since she was being extra sweet & friendly. So I got most of the things I asked for: (most of a) mimosa, 1+ meals without having to wrangle a toddler, no household "work." That being said, the house is a wreck (DH also took the time to do nothing, INCLUDING friggin' laundry - thank goodness I had done a "bare minimum" amount on Saturday), I didn't get my pool time, or my steak dinner (I will get it tonight, though, since I made DH promise that we cook it tonight).

TL;DR: got my champagne and family QT with minimal "momming" :)

I also finally buckled down and got my "mom" vehicle. It should be coming in today or tomorrow (apparently no one in the area keeps hybrids in stock :| ) and I'm surprised how sad I am to see my Camry Hybrid go; it's such a wonderful car and soooooo fun to drive. But - I'M NOT GONNA LIE - I'm pretty damn pumped about getting A/C seats especially given summer is officially here. I wasn't looking to get them, but given my requirements of leather and captain's chairs, it comes with the package. So I'm happy-ish :) It'll be nice to finally have the vehicle I can keep "until the wheels fall off," we've been having to trade the last few in because of all the miles I was putting on them, commuting re: infertility treatments (see: 250-mi roundtrip EACH visit - or about 6500 miles in the last 2 years, alone).
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• My mom was working so we bought her lunch and then drove to a beach we have been meaning to check out.  Totally fulfilled my expectations as it has a very unique feature besides nice sand. My sister said this was the last mothers day before my "real mothers days".  I said "Life begins at conception so I'm already a mom.  Especially considering that this little guy has been stomping on my bladder for the last 2 weeks.  I'm already making sacrifices LOL".  
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    I didn’t expect to do/get much this year. Mother’s Day one year ago is when MH’s father passed away unexpectedly. However, he surprised me a beautiful necklace with the August birthstone. Then we had a laugh about whether or not she would make her debut early or late and mess up the August plan! Overall it was a very good weekend. I got to see my mom and of course we celebrated each other. I was overwhelmed with the people that reached out to wish me a happy mother’s day! Definitely a nice surprise for a FTM :)  My highlight is the time visiting with MH about baby girl and talking about his dad. I wish more than anything that my FIL was going to get to see his son be a father-I know he would be so proud. 
  • @agpandme - Not to get too deep, but hopefully, you sister was joking (or said it with an eye roll, referring to some past comment made to her when she was in a similar situation as a preggo FTM) ... if not, that was pretty insensitive. As you said, that kid is developed to a point that there is a good (over 2/3 of babies who arrive at 24wks survive and go home after their NICU stay) chance they would survive "on the outside." Either way, I hope you had a wonderful REAL mother's day :)
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• agpandmeagpandme member
    edited May 2019
    @MamaK225 This particular sister is my age (early 30s and my step sister) and also one of my best friends. She is resolute in never having children and has not had a serious relationship in years and additionally has very little experience with children in her own family circle. She lives half the country away as well.   I think her mind set just isn't in the same place as mine.  I wasn't too offended considering where she is coming from. 
  • Saturday we went to see my maternal grandparents, which is always special because you never know how many visits are left. Grandma seemed really lucid (which has not always been the case recently) and even commented on my belly and “how did I get so big so quick?” Lol, grandma, you had four kids, you tell me!

Sunday started pretty normal, then I received some cute “coupons” for new clothes the kids made. I told DH I would need some new things before vacation, but didn’t want to get them quite yet. My oldest son added the baby’s name to the Mother’s Day card, so that was really cute! DH taught a shorter schedule so we could all go to dinner and spend more time together. All in all it was a really good day!