August 2019 Moms

Re: FFFC 5/10

• I always struggle to come up with these and this week I have 3. But I'm going to give the worst now, since it's timely, and save the other 2 for later weeks. (I hope I remember them, I should write them down.)
    We are going away for a long weekend next week, Thursday through Sunday.
    My nanny's brother is really sick, like they're not sure how many days he has left sick. We told her that if she gets a phone call she should call us, and one of us would be there within an hour. I know if makes me a horrible person, but I'm hoping if he doesn't recover (which is very unlikely at this point) she gets the call while we're away.
  • we follow the "if its yellow its mellow, if its brown it goes down philosophy when it comes to flushing the toilet. (When guests aren't around...)
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • We're getting the nursery painted next week. I'm having second thoughts about the color, but it's too late, so I'm silently freaking out that we just made a $700 mistake.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @mrosek91 are you not looking forward to the trip? Where are you going?
    @EmilyA724 I let my husband pick the nursery color because he was so confident in his choice no matter how many options I presented.  I personally think it is going to be way too pink, but we'll see.  It's also getting painted next week.  

Mine: I haven't been to the dentist in a couple of years.  I hate the dentist and I still haven't found one since we moved.  I previously went 5 years at one point without going in my early 20s and only ended up with 2 cavities when I finally did go, so I'm hoping for the best I guess.  I know it's terrible, but I brush and floss so I figure it can't be that bad... right? Ugh. 

• @mkrel, no I really am looking forward, I guess I was being vague in my post, but I hate saying explicitly that something bad will happen even if it's expected. Once my nanny gets the expected call she will take off the rest of the day, and probably the next few days. I very selfishly want her to get the news when we don't need her anyway. (You may have also been confused because I forgot to specify, we're taking the boys with us on the trip.)
    (Because you asked we're going to my parents, my cousin's getting married and this is his Aufruf weekend - it's Jewish tradition where we celebrate the groom's last weekend in his community as a single man. Jews love any excuse to turn throw a big party.)
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @mrosek91 Ohhhh I get it! That totally makes sense! I was thinking more of you were leaving your kiddos and wanted an excuse to go back to them.  
  • @mkrel same on the dentist front. I haven’t been since before DD was born (so over 5 years 😬). We have made 3 cross country moves, I’ve been pregnant or breastfeeding, and it just never seems to be at the top of my to do list. At this point I’m scared to go even though I take good care of my teeth that they are going to want to pull them out or something! But we are finally settled so once this little one comes and I can lay flat on my back again I need to suck it up. We have even had amazing dental insurance this whole time - at least I use it on the kids, right?!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • I just tried to take a video of my dog, so I could send it to MH, so he could smell how putrid her farts are right now.......
  • aecmaecm member
    FFSC - Yesterday I bought so many frozen pizzas that the guy bagging my groceries asked if I was having a party. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Nope...just restocking my freezer!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    @aecm you and my husband would get along great. 

Belated FFMC: My BIL & friend are getting married next month and I am not getting them a wedding gift because they didn't get us one. They didn't even give us a card! (I will be giving them a card, at least, because I'm a better person than either of them.)
  • @mkrel, same on the dentist thing. I havent been in about 6.5 year and that was because I developed a swolled gum issue while pregnant with DD that got so bad I could not turn my head. 

@aecm that is hilarious. Last week I did a big grocery trip where I was stocking up on essentials, huge pack of toilet paper, huge pack of paper towel, lots of freezer stuff, etc... My cart was overflowing and the lady in front of me asked how often I need to go to the grocery store. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @ElcaB - good for you!!! We were face with that about 2 years ago - we were invited to the wedding of a friend who never got us a wedding gift.  I feel like you can't win when put in that situation. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @jrm_14 Sorry you are still regularly getting sick... I think I’m that case he should be cleaning both bathrooms!
  • @ElcaB Two of my bridesmaids and one of H’s groomsmen never got us a gift OR a card. I know it’s expensive to be in weddings, but we kept things low key and as inexpensive as possible. I definitely expected a nice note from some of our closest friends on our wedding day. One of them got married last fall and I thought about doing the same, but I had to get a card and write them a check lol. It’s too weird to show up empty handed to a wedding!