Infertility
Options

Acupuncture

Hey all. Have been ttc for almost 3 years. After 4 IUIs, one polyp removal, *tw* one chemical end *tw* we have decided to take a few months off. Will be seeing a new RE in 2 weeks. I have lost some weight and now for the last 3 weeks have started acupuncture along with herbs. I started my first session the week I usually ovulate and im pretty sure my body skipped ovulation this month and now got af a week early which never happens. Have any of you ttc experience an off cycle since beginning acupuncture or anyone else trying acupuncture as well who would like to share their experience so far? Thanks

Re: Acupuncture

• Options
    char245char245 member
    I started acupuncture about two months ago and added the herbs this month. So far everything seems to be right on track for me. Do you and your acupuncturist talk each time before your session? This is how mine starts each time and I tell her everything that’s going on with me, it’s kinda like therapy lol. But if you do, I would suggest talking to hem about this and seeing if they have any thoughts on why this may have occurred. Hope next month is better for you!! 
  • Options
    Hi @char245. I asked my acupuncturist and he said it's a good sign that my hormones are starting to regulate. I hope he's right bc according to my old RE, I had too  low progesterone. Are you seeing  an RE as well as the acupuncture or trying on your own? My acupuncturist doesnt have in depth convos like yours. I would love to have some therapy with this. My first consult, he looked at my tongue, checked my pulse and asked lots of questions. Lol. He also advised me to drink room temp water instead of cold and to sleep early. Does your acupuncturist put a red light over you during your session? Was told it helps with circulation. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    I am seeing a RE as well, we’ve done two unsuccessful IVF cycles with them so far. After the last one we decided to add acupuncture to see if it helps. She doesn’t put a red light over me, but depending on how I’m feeling that day or where I am in my cycle determines where she puts the needles. Each time is different and she explains to me the goal of that day.
  • Options
    @bobella22 I started acupuncture after I was having very irregular cycles following a D&C and it was very helpful. It’s not for everyone, but I feel like my body is more in balance and it provided needed stress relief. I think it helped my response in the IVF cycles and my ability to get pregnant, but unfortunately she couldn’t really do anything about my poor quality eggs through needles and herbs, hence my pregnancies have not been successful. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    @char245 I hope that this helps and you are successful in your upcoming ivf. Would love to hear updates. 
    @mackorori I'm so sorry for your losses. I hope that it works out for you in the future. Are you going to continue to do IVF ? does your RE reccomend something to help? 
  • Options
    @boella22 thank you for the kind words. At this point we aren't planning another IVF cycle, we've done two and given our issue is getting quality eggs it doesn't seem to make sense to go through the stress and potential disappointment anymore. Our RE doesn't recommend it either given our process to date, more for my mental sanity really, but she also would be willing to do it again if we really wanted to. We are considering using donor eggs and adoption, in the process of gathering information and also letting the dust settle on the recent loss before making decisions.
  • Options
    @mackorori I dont blame you for wanting to take a break. I had to take a break and it was only after doing the 4 iuis so I totally get it. Beautiful weather is coming, enjoy it. My sister inlaw had problems with ivf as well so she ended up going the donor egg route and is very happy. She had 2 kids and is going back for a 3rd soon since she has the embryos. If you have questions I can always ask her. 
  • Options
    @bobella22 I have been doing acupuncture on and off for many years. I started because I had very painful and heavy periods throughout high school and university. I actually went in today and my acupuncturist suggested I try “hot salt compresses” every night to promote a warm uterus. I am unsure if acupuncture will help get me pregnant because my SO has low morphology and motility... but his count and volume are high so my R.E. said there’s still a chance I can get pregnant naturally. I heard it’s helpful even alongside IVF if that’s the choice... 
  • Options
    bmaty0214bmaty0214 member
    edited May 2019
    Hi ladies, 

As @bobella22 and @nancinator already know from our previous March IUI posts... My DH and I have been trying with the help of an RE since March 2018. First IUI successful but ectopic, after that I had 5 more unsuccessful IUI cycles. This March I  decided to consult with a new RE for a second opinion. That was when I had officially started acupuncture after hearing so many benefits. Proceeded to schedule my acupuncture sessions these last two months twice a week to gain a much benefits as possible. I suffer from anxiety and stress the smallest of things. Relaxation is key! I have been on another level of relaxation throughout this process. On 4/17  my DH and I decided what would be our final 6th and 7th IUI cycle(two consecutive IUI’s  done on 4/25-4/26) while continuing acupuncture for conception during the TWW. Like others have mentioned above, I start off by updating the acupuncturist with what’s been going on, she checks my pulse and tongue and proceeds with the new points that will help with my new phase. 

Ladies, what I believe worked for me was the relaxation and power of the acupuncture. Taking a break, breathing a little and having fun. I disconnected myself from these chats and the infamous google. Hurts me to read our misfortunes and frustrations that we are all going through. Doing what I did, has completely changed my every day routine and train of thought. Friday, 5/10 I had Beta testing and received a BFP. I am continuing acupuncture to keep my pregnancy until I’m in the clear. 

Baby dust to all! 
  • Options
    TW - loss and success mentioned

I added acupuncture after my first failed IUI and IVF cycle. My first cycle using acupuncture leading up the transfer, I got pregnant but unfortunately lost the baby around 9 weeks. I kept going to her to help my body balance out after MC, continued through my third embryo transfer and also through the entire first trimester. I am now 20 weeks and everything is going well. It could all be total coincidence that the cycles I used acupuncture brought me success -  but I like to think that the addition of the acupuncture really helped with implantation and nourishing my lining. I was dealing with male infertility but also had an extremely thin lining. Even just the relaxation aspect was worth it to me. 

Mine also used a warming light on my tummy during the preparation for transfer, but make sure that they are not using that anywhere near your stomach around the time of conception. They can put it on your feet instead. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you so much @bmaty0214 and @leilee101 for sharing your stories. Wishing you the best and a healthy and happy 9 months.It gives me so much hope. I have also felt much more relaxed with accupuncture. I also think I will take a break from dr. GOOGLE for a bit lol it takes up so much time and makes me nuts. Lol
    @leilee101 ill keep the red light in mind during conception week thank you.