January 2020 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check-in - 5/9

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation.
@mokay19 @MJDsquared

Due date / How far along?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Plans for the weekend?

Questions?

GTKY: What do you miss the most about highschool (if anything)?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-in - 5/9

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly - That post was just a punch in the stomach, no matter if I'm pregnant. And thank you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was a punch for me too after spending a year on that board (at at times never thinking I'd get the chance to be part of a monthly check in). I did not at all recognize the name and felt immediately that she didn't belong. But that was during a low time for me so I had to be sure before saying anything....
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    *lurking* 

@marebear15 I can’t even express how truly happy I am for you!! I got SO EXCITED to see your name pop up on the grad thread!! I know these next couple weeks will be full of anxiety for you, but know that I am here, praying with you and your family. ❤️

eta spelling
  • Options
    @lillywonderland - Thank you so so much. I am so anxious already and I know I will be for these first few weeks. Please lurk and post all you like. I've miss you guys so much, but sometimes I just couldn't bring myself to lurk. 
  • Options
    mokay19mokay19 member
    Due date / How far along?  January 5th / 5+4

Rants/Raves/Randoms?  I expressed to DH that I’m nervous since I don’t feel any symptoms really and he said “you can’t be mad that you’re not sick.” Listen, idiot, I’m not maaaad.... I’m anxious/nervous/scared! Men *eyeroll*
    Monday at 3:30pm cannot come soon enough!

Plans for the weekend?  DH just finished his undergrad so I’m throwing him a grad party and then we’re doing breakfast with his mom for Mother’s Day since we did my moms celebration last weekend!

Questions?  Not now!

GTKY: What do you miss the most about highschool (if anything)?  Being in shape haha
  • Options
    @marebear15 I wish I could just fast forward time for you! I miss you so much, too! I’m sorry you have had to deal with a bumpy road, but hopefully everything will be smooth sailing for this LO. How is DD? And YH? Do you think they will be doing betas for you? 
  • Options
    @mokay19 Omg, seriously, I miss that about high school and college.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @lillywonderland - I keep thinking that I'm "only" 4 months behind where I "should have been." But then I think about how I would have been 20 weeks tomorrow and it hurts. 
    DD is so precious! She's learning new words left and right, yesterday she said "funny" for something she saw on my phone. We had a bit of an 18 month sleep regression where she was getting up for 2 hours at night or going to bed really late, so we switched to a toddler bed so I could lay down next to her. And now she's trained to stay in bed!
    DH has had a rough few weeks with working 60-70 hour weeks, but that's finally all over and he's much more relaxed now. 
    Betas and progesterone are ordered, and I'm going to go to the lab at lunch. 

What's new with you? How is DS with the thought of a new baby? What are you doing to prepare him for the change?
  • Options
    Due date / How far along? I feel like this is a repeat of my TFAS answers in TTGP but...I'm not really sure. Around 5 weeks? Due around 1/10?

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I'm just still in a little bit of shock about all this. But last night I looked at my beta result from DD (I tested the day before my period was due with her and had my beta four days later and it was like 4,000 or something) and comparing it to this beta has me all nervous. I know there's a wide range, but still. My doctor gave me the option of scheduling another beta for next week and I was like 'nah' because I don't want to miss work (I swear my boss is going to be suspicious) but I may need to for peace of mind.

Plans for the weekend? Last year we drove an hour to a cute little town. I want to be more low key this year--it was easier to drive long distances with a little 5 month old who just napped in the car happily. I want to get breakfast and we might go to the Adidas employee store (we just got free passes last weekend) so I can pick out some shoes for Mother's Day.

Questions? Nah.

GTKY: What do you miss the most about highschool (if anything)? Not having to worry about finances or any real responsibilities aside from school/chores.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @marebear15 Aww sweetie, I wish I could give you a gigantic hug. Know that your Angel is looking out for you all. I’m sorry that you get gut punches when thinking about what could’ve been. Life is so unfair sometimes. I’m glad you’re getting some betas done - FX for a great number and some good doubling times!!

Yay for a smooth toddler bed transition! We did that a couple months ago. DS is terrible for naps since he just plays in his room if we put him in bed, but nighttime he stays in bed also!! I’ve resorted to locking him in his travel “tent” for naps. It works so well, but he resists at first. 😐

Oh boy, those are some insane hours!! I hope YH is really all done with that! Is it just a seasonal thing? That can be really taxing on both of you. It’s tough managing a toddler on your own! 

We’re all doing great! DS is starting to get that there’s a baby in my belly, but it’s still tough because he’s still so young. We got him a “Big Brother” book all about what he can do to help and he likes to read it. Every time I see a baby when we’re out and about I make a massive deal about it to try and help him get excited about it. He’s super rough when he plays (by himself and with us) so naturally I’m worried he’s gonna hurt the baby unintentionally.

We found out we’re having a girl so I’m shocked and elated. Although, I am already getting sick of the “perfect family” comments. Like, would our family not have been perfect if we had two boys!?! Also freaking out a little with how to change a girls diaper. Isn’t there a way you’re supposed to wipe?! Backwards? Right?? With boys you just do whatever!

• Options
    @lillywonderland - I'm sure that once the baby actually comes, DS will be more gentle. I've seen rough boys become so gentle around their little siblings. 
    Ugh, I don't get the "perfect" family thing. I mean every family is perfect in it's own way, but wouldn't two boys or two girls be better because then they can share more of the same things and experiences? That being said, I'd love to have at least one boy in our family, but I plan to have two more after this little one.
  • Options
    mokay19mokay19 member
    @marebear15 yes! I have my 6 week scan at the RE on Monday afternoon. DH’s whole family will be together this weekend and we had said that we’d tell them on Sunday but I’m all sorts of nervous. Just like MJDsquared, I keep comparing my betas to my previous results and Dr. Google... it’s a rabbit hole. 
  • Options
    Praying so hard for you @kbrown2385
  • Options
    @marebear15 thanks. I’m really hoping this is it!
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 You'll be in my thoughts! FX for fantastic betas <3
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019