August 2019 Moms

GTKY: The Glow

okay okay - so I’ve noticed some women on here are struggling with weight gain, nasty and unnecessary comments from others, etc etc.

So this GTKY is all about positive body image! What do you actually love about your pregnant body? Or what do you love about your looks in general? Only positive ‘love thyself’ comments allowed! 

BabyFruit Ticker}

Re: GTKY: The Glow

• ElcaBElcaB member
    I love my pregnancy boobs. In general, I love my green eyes. 

@olivemomma I think freckles are so pretty!
  • Loading the player...
  • The bump is my favorite thing right now. I also like my eyes

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• hemlheml member
    I’m with @ElcaB, loving these pregnancy boobs! 
  • I love my bump right now! It may be measuring ahead but I love it! 

In general I have pretty great boobs and they haven't suffered much from multiple pregnancies and nursing 2 babies. They still have not grown from this pregnancy but that is pretty normal for my body. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• I love how much my husband loves my boobs even more now  :D  In general, I like myself. I do especially like my ankles. 
  • Now that I'm *finally* showing, I like my little bump (it's not that little, just not always noticeable). Technically, I'm about flat with my pre-pregnancy weight, but that means me - as a person - has actually lost weight and I do like being able to see that in my face and arms right now since I haven't been able to be as active as I would like. I'm really happy that DH still likes to chase me around the house because he loves my pregnancy body, instead of me feeling self-conscious about it.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Pregnancy is giving me super clear skin, and I'm loving that. I actually did makeup for church on Sunday & fixed my hair (which I usually don't do), and I actually had that healthy pregnant glow going on! Or that's what I'm telling myself. 

Also, this is health-body related more so than looks, but I'm going with it. My BP during my last pregnancy got high at  the end. I made an effort between babies to lose about 15-20 additional pounds, in Hope's of not having BP issues. It is still early, but even this far ahead my blood pressure has been in an awesome range, and is averaging about 15 points lower than last pregnancy's readings. So, I am extremely happy that with the weight loss and aspirin/calcium regimen my BP is doing great so far. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I just noticed my hips look smaller likely due to my love handles being stretched out from the belly.  I'll take it! 
  • @agpandme - Yes! I forgot to mention that, too! The Lovehandle Retreat has officially commenced <3 
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• I have always liked my full lips and straight teeth/smile. I’m also digging my hair right now.

not about appearance but I starting swimming again last week— first time in over 3 years (since my last pregnancy actually) I was a competitive swimmer in high school and whenever I’m in the pool I feel really confident/good about my body/like a badass boss bitch 
  • Add me for lovin’ the pregnancy boobs! I wish they would stick around, but I know better, so I’ll enjoy them while they last! 

I am really enjoying wearing dresses all the time (although I could do the same not pregnant I tend to gravitate toward pants). I even threw on a comfy, knee-length dress to run errands last night and didn’t worry that my legs weren’t freshly shaved (something I would never do not pregnant)!

Also, love love love feeling the baby move, which makes all the other things I don’t “love” worth it!
  • I am loving my hair right now. Pre pregnancy I had to wash it every 3 days or it gets oily but now, I can choose to wash it when I feel like it which is like once a week. Yayy to great hair and lazy me. 
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    My butt has grown a bit! I always had a butt but wanted a bigger one. I’m not quite Kardashian but the comments from DH are great! Lol 
  • +1 to the pregnancy boobs.  I keep telling my friends, so THIS is what it’s like to have boobs!  I also like not having to suck it in all the time. It was such a habit, especially during pictures, that for a while I had to remind myself NOT to suck it in!  And I’m loving the dance parties!  
  • Yes @mkrel; the third trimester is for ALL the bodycon dresses! I love it when the love handles get sucked away :) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• I'm loving the bump!! I need to step away from the scale - I'm gaining weight at a much faster rate than I would have hoped, but I don't think I look like it. Interested to see what my OB says tomorrow!
  • I love my bump. My nails are even more amazing than usual. My skin is still great. My boobs are even better. I got no complaints about the physicality of pregnancy. I have the glow, which is awesome. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• My nurse at the doctors office told me I was glowing!! I loved the compliment and love this bump. Is a miracle to me that we are growing babies!!!😍 Love all the dance parties, this lil man is super active! I for the first time in my life actually have nice boobs. I know they pry won’t stay but am sure enjoying them while they are present. Oh n love not having to pull on patients at work due to my bump!! 
  • edited May 2019
    @dogmomma096 I just want to say, regarding weight gain - I know all the articles give you these nice little linear, perfectly spaced out amounts to gain through the trimesters. That is simply not accurate for everyone. I gain a LOT during 2nd tri, and very little comparatively in 3rd tri. That's how it was in my first pregnancy and I was so worried because I wasn't "on track". But my body did what it needed to, I ended up right in the recommended range at the end, and lost it all within the first year. So, don't stress if you don't follow a perfect linear weight trend. 

ETA: and my DS was always perfectly on track for growth,  50th percentile and healthy. So weight gain doesn't even directly equal baby size. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Agree with @WinchesterGirl!

With my first, I lost almost 10% of my body weight in the first trimester, gained it all back in the second, and gained 20 in the 3rd trimester (so a net total of 20). Between the time I was induced and when we checked out of the hospital, I had lost 35 lbs. My child was only 6lbs, 9 oz at birth. And even birth size isn't indicative of much, she is about to turn 3 and she is teetering on the edge of being off-the-charts on height and weight (she's approx 39" and 40 lbs - wearing size 5 & 6 clothes and size 10 shoes).

Each woman has their own charts, those "recommendations" are averages meant to offer guidelines over the long term (i.e. a trimester) more than a week-by-week. And don't focus on the numbers. As long as your doc isn't concerned, then you're clearly following *your* normal.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @WinchesterGirl @MamaK225 Good to know!! I’ve heard that babies mostly just put on weight in the last month so I figured third tri would be the most weight gain, which made me nervous about how much I’ve gained so far in second tri. I appreciate the reassurance!
  • @dogmomma096 As I’ve mentioned before my weight gain is off the charts (+60 lbs DS1, +69 lbs DS2, +35 lbs DS3 @ 24 weeks), but my babies are healthy. I’m not “pleased” with how much I’ve gained this pregnancy considering I started bigger than last time, but my doc doesn’t seem concerned... soooo 🤷🏻‍♀️. If your doc gets concerned, you will establish a plan to manage additional weight gain, so still not a big deal.