July 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms w/o 5/6

Re: Randoms w/o 5/6

• Options
    I'm kind of surprised that there was no Jan 2020 moms waiting room and even now, no one has posted on their BMB yet. Obviously this shouldn't concern me but I wanna lurk! 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe I think a lot more moms are turning to apps, etc. versus a forum type area like the Bump. I mean, other than BMBs and the TTC/loss boards, everything else here is dead. :( I notice especially a lot of younger moms are using comment type areas on preg apps like Ovia, etc. Reddit is huge. But I like the forum setup.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I lost 10lbs this weekend being sick. 
  • Options
    I had signed my oldest up to go to summer camp at his pre school a week in June, and one end of July. They didn’t have enough kids signed up, so they cancelled them 😭. I was looking forward to him going to break up our summer. I signed him up for swim lessons for June and July, so hopefully that helps a bit. He can swim fine, but I’ll be at swim school once a week anyways with my 2 year old and figured refresher lessons wouldn’t hurt. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The baby book I ordered arrived today and I love it!! Ahh I cannot believe how close we are all getting!!!

@nolemomma14 oh no!! How disappointing!! I've been trying to come up with ideas for the summer too. Mine are too little for camps, but I saw on pinterest a weekly "schedule" that I might try... it was like this:
    Make Something Monday 
    Time to Read Tuesday - take a trip to the library
    Water Fun Wednesday - splash pad, pool, something in your back yard (I know you live in Florida so this might be a bad one for you lol when I lived in Florida I was in the pool daily)
    Take a Trip Thursday - hike, park, other random places you might want to go (but not sure what I'll do once baby is here?)
    Fabulous Friday Fun - playdate, picnic, something at home or something out and about

I'm sure there are other ones out there too if you search summer schedule. 
  • Options
    @ccmama3 I’ve seen schedules like those! Will definitely have to try some stuff out. We should stay busy before the baby gets here, it’s after that I worry there might be some cabin fever if we don’t get out as often. Planning on lots of water days, either at a splash pad or just the water table at home! 
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy I'm so so so sorry. Are you able to keep anything down yet?

My OBGYN office just called and the lab LOST my bloodwork for the glucose test. Guess who has to go in on Monday and DO IT AGAIN. /vomit And here I was thinking I was in the clear because I hadn't heard anything. Efffff that. The only time they had was midday at this point, so I booked myself a massage for after.
  • Options
    @foodislove How does a lab lose bloodwork? I would’ve lost my shit on them... omg. I’m so sorry... is it the 1hr, or the 3hr?
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 It's not the doc's office who lost it, so I can't be mad at the receptionist/nurse. Just lots of sighs. Luckily just the one hour, but that drink fucking burrrrrrrrned going down, it was terrible. And now my appt is in the afternoon so can't just get it out of the way in the morning. :( 
  • Options
    @foodislove that's crazy.  I feel really lucky because my OB's office does the test right there. I had to do the 12 week and a 24 week 1 hour and both they told me right then after they took the blood.  Good for you for scheduling a massage.  
  • Options
    @foodislove Which drink did they give you? My office gave me 3 choices. I’m so sorry you have to do it again. But, in my honest opinion, I would ask to come get the drink from the office the day before, drink it on your way to the blood draw, and then have them draw your blood in the morning. They should do everything to accommodate you since it was lost, their fault or not. I didn’t fast for my 1 hr (accidentally) and I failed it. I would hate for that to happen to you too! 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy27 It was orange flavored, and I hate orange things. The regular 50whatever glucose drink. They make you drink it in front of them, 5 minutes. I don't have to fast for it, and that's a good thing, because I'm always someone who needs to eat or I get faint, pregnant or no. I didn't fail with my first, and I don't really expect to fail again. Just bummed I have to do it again. 
  • Options
    @foodislove The orange is the worst, IMO. I hate Fanta and orange drinks in general. I usually ask for the lemon/lime one since it tastes like a flat Sprite. I’m surprised they wouldn’t let you drink it at home. That seems like such a time waster to me... do they not trust their patients?  
  • Options
    @foodislove so sorry you have to do it again. Enjoy that massage though!! If they have a lemon lime flavor, I would ask for the one! 

@jenniferjoy37 my office doesn’t allow you to drink it at home either. I thinks it’s pretty standard for offices to have you drink it there instead of at home 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 - I know my office doesn't give you the option to drink it at home, because if it makes you sick and you throw up you have to start over. I think people in the past have been willing to self-report for fear of having to do it all again. So I'd say it is a lack of trust in the patients...but probably not without history of patient-caused mistakes. 
  • Options
    @foodislove I did ok with water and coffee this morning, but I just had a coffee/cocoa mix that I can is not going to stay. It's sitting at the top of my throat so I can taste it every time I burp :(
  • Options
    @foodislove I saw a tip somewhere that you can eat 28 jelly beans instead of drinking the glucola drink and it will give the same results--but of course you'd have to ask your doctor's office if they allow that. Might not hurt to ask?
  • Options
    hakelehakele member
    The lime one is the worst to me. It tastes like puke. I think because my mom always gave me 7up when I was sick as a kid. 
  • Options
    @hestia14 My office is somewhat traditional so I don't think that'd be an option for me, sadly. I'm praying for a lemon lime, I did ask the receptionist if it was possible to have any other color than orange if I had to come in again, she said she'd do what she could for me, she was very apologetic they lost it.
  • Options
    Ugh I think I got sunburned while in Florida and now I look like molting/shedding reptile. And it's so visible bc I'm dark skinned. 
  • Options
    @nopegoat SO MANY CUTE BEEEEEEEEEBES. I wish there was a way to post video, I'd love to see these little kids kicking about.
  • Options
    @nopegoat your baby goat pics make me jealous every day :)
  • Options
    Hi baby goats!! How many babies does that make now @nopegoat ? And how many do you guys have in total? 
  • Options
    @nopegoat I wish I had some baby goats here to snuggle 💕

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Options
    @jenniferjoy37 just 4 babies. Two of our girls had singles which is a first for us. We have 2 bucks, 5 does, and 4 babies now just a small herd of 11 for now. Two of our girls didn't take but they are about to go back in with the boys so we'll have a few more in about 5-6mos hopefully. We'll be selling most of the babies this time around. I can't wait to start really milking them again! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Especially for 1st time dads, and those that need a reminder...

What pregnancy FEELS like
  • Options
    Anyone's LOs having super quiet days the day after being super active? Mine today hasn't been moving a ton and between that, my being on my stomach for about 10 minutes, and a particularly high hormonal anxiety day, I'm freaking out. He/she also didn't cooperate when I did my kick count at the normal time last night, so it's been since then, but he/she did not stop moving yesterday, so I'm trying not to worry...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 Yeah, I have days where I feel like she has had a double shot of espresso and won't stop bouncing around and then have a day where I can't remember if how much she moved. I just started my kick count this week.. I wouldn't worry, did you try drinking some juice or cold water and lying on your left side to get more movement? Thats what the nurse at my office told me to do..
  • Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 you can try drinking some juice to get them moving. There are ebbs and flows with movement depending on growth spurts, changing positions, etc, but if you’re concerned definitely call your prenatal provider for guidance, that’s what they are there for :) 
  • Options
    acw452acw452 member
    @greeneyedgirl12
    I’ve has days like that too. So second that it can be normal but contact your provider if it feels real concerning.

I’m also loving the baby goat pics!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @jennm0724 @mamanbebe @acw452 Thanks ladies! LO just apparently decided to have a quiet day, as he/she has been moving and grooving since about 7:44. Thinking anxiety was combo of the fact she was super mobile yesterday and hormones, exacerbated by anger/frustration/anxiety stemming from family drama that had my  “tone down the hormonal worry/emotions” control panel already all used up...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 glad LO is on the move again! Damn pregnancy is so stressful!
  • Options
    @blackhottamales Good to know!

Found out yesterday that most of the company is switching seats as part of a (much-needed) reorganization. That explains why corporate wanted us to spend the week of Earth Day going through and getting rid of our extra belongings. Well played... 
    Anyway, I'm moving from an office to a cube in the coldest part of the building :/ at least it's in a quieter hallway.
  • Options
    hestia14 said:
    (...)

Found out yesterday that most of the company is switching seats as part of a (much-needed) reorganization. That explains why corporate wanted us to spend the week of Earth Day going through and getting rid of our extra belongings. Well played... 
    Anyway, I'm moving from an office to a cube in the coldest part of the building :/ at least it's in a quieter hallway.
    Update: I got a call at 3:00 asking if I could move, like, now. Fortunately the IT guy helped me load everything onto a cart, but I still had to pack up all my belongings in ten minutes flat. 
    I meet IT guy at my new cube and I ask him to help me hang something. “Look, your feet!” he says. 
    I look down at my gigantic swollen feet. “I know, they’re pretty big.” 😔
    “No!! Not that! I mean look at the thing BY your feet!”
    I look down. There’s a mousetrap. 😖
    “Yeah, you might want to talk to maintenance about that.”
    The IT guy goes away and I start to load up my drawers. I usually reserve the second drawer for food, so I start adding napkins and plates...and then I see what could only be described as “brown sprinkles.” 💩🤮
    Maternity leave countdown starts now. 😥
  • Options
    Oh @hestia14, noooooo! That is 1) so gross, and 2) seriously a health hazard. They shouldn't be asking anyone to put up with that kind of unsanitary environment. I fully support and encourage any escalating of the situation you want to do.
    That reminds me of the time (years ago) when I opened my snack drawer, reached down to grab some chocolate, and felt only a roughly-chewed hole in the box before slamming the drawer shut and vowing to never open it again. Buhhhh, so gross.