Group 2 Check-In (Aug. 8-14) w/o 5/6

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): 

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you planning to celebrate Mother's Day? If so, what are your plans? Who are the mother figures that you celebrate? Does your SO do anything special?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Group 2 Check-In (Aug. 8-14) w/o 5/6

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug. 11 / 26 + 1

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale/Scallion

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Just had a check-up last Friday and did my glucose tolerance testing this morning. Crossing my fingers for a good result! Next appt. is at the end of the month and will be the start of twice-monthly appts. Where is the time going???  :#

How are you feeling?: Tired! For the last few days my DH and I took turns with having difficulty sleeping. It actually makes me exhausted listening to him talk about how poorly he slept.

Rants/Raves: Rave- DH and I are going to Vegas this week for a mini babymoon. Looking forward to getting away before the crunch time of preparing for LO!

Questions: Did anyone take a separate newborn care class? We did our childbirth class at our hospital this weekend and they only touched on newborn care. Wondering if it would be worth it to do a more focused class or if books and message boards will be sufficient. 

GTKY: Are you planning to celebrate Mother's Day? If so, what are your plans? Who are the mother figures that you celebrate? Does your SO do anything special?

We will be gone on Mother's Day. Normally, we would try to get together with my mom for before to avoid the craziness on the actual holiday. This year I just mailed her a gift and will also send a card. DH will send his mom a card/movie gift card but we usually don't see her because of driving distance. 

DH and I did discuss whether to celebrate our own statuses as soon-to-be parents. He doesn't want to celebrate this year since we still have a few months to go and he's afraid that any gifts could be unpleasant reminders should something bad happen. I was a little bummed, but see his point. I'm sure we'll make up for it next year. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/11; 26 weeks 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): kale

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue

Upcoming Appointments:  Check up and 1 hour glucose test on Wednesday

How are you feeling?:  Sciatica comes and goes so sometimes I feel fine and other times, I can barely move.  Combined with the general soreness of my scoliosis, I'm useless by the end of the day.

Rants/Raves: See above re sciatica

Questions: None

My friend from college is coming to visit.  She's a Disney employee so we are going to stay with her at the Aulani Resort this weekend for an awesome discounted rate.  I'm excited!  DD loves the pool and Minnie Mouse so much.  She's going to have the best time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/8/19 26 weeks 5 days

Baby is the size of : Lettuce

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: May 30th

How are you feeling?: Tired a lot... Feeling my skin constantly stretching, feeling like I don't want to be in my own skin anymore. Hot flashes, irritability, vulnerability, happy to be pregnant and wanting it to be over with all in the same stretch.

Rants/Raves: My SO mother is a total..... She recently moved half way across the country and last minute asked him to look after her dog for 2 weeks.... Well that would be fine and all except I spend almost all day with the dog not him it's a 60 lbs dog that sometimes pulls on the leash and I can't walk her in a city setting where we live and on top of that she would kill my cat if he was here. So I legit had to remove my cat from my home to take this dog in and on top of that now she is pushing for 3 weeks and I don't think she is going to stop at that I think she wants him to keep the dog for a lot longer and I am complaining about it to my SO all the time who then goes back to his mother and calls me every name in the book and self centered for having to basically up root my entire life when I am almost in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy and she just does not care on top of that we aren't supposed to have dogs at our home and we could potentially be evicted from where we are living if the landlord felt so inclined and my SO has a 19 mo. son who is TERRIFIED of the dog she isn't a danger to him or anything but when he comes over to visit our visits are basically ruined because of this dog. I am so frustrated with the whole situation the woman seems to think that when our daughter is born she is going to go thru my SO to meet our daughter while I am still in the hospital with her. Cause she doesn't want anything to do with me. How exactly am I supposed to respond to something like that?

Questions: 

I am hoping to celebrate mothers day the only person I would be celebrating would be my own mother. My SO son is only 19 mo. old and he is pretty sick currently with a high fever so I don't know for sure that he will be able to do anything for mothers day but we will see and I haven't been able to celebrate mothers day before so we will see how my SO handles it.