Trouble TTC

TTC Check-in: 05/06/2019

Good morning ladies!

Welcome @hithertorue! Please feel free to jump into the weekly check-ins and hope you find the support you need here! 

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: Any summer vacation plans? Or just summer plans in general? 

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone 

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@PoeMasque: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole with TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday -  DX: unexplained/mild MFI RX: IUI 
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI 

@cigaline dx: unexplained/MFI rx: IUI

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis Rx: Lupron

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: Clomid and TI

@ladyava - Dx: PCOS

@cat765_8 - Dx: endometriosis, fibroids, adenomyosis Rx: TI 

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara 

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your treatment plan?   

Re: TTC Check-in: 05/06/2019

• @chiblackhawkie - good luck with your IUI today!!! Really hoping that your multiple follicles is a really good sign for success! Let us know how it goes and hope the TWW flies by and doesn’t drive you completely up a wall!  :wink: 

@inthewoods23 - still hanging in there with the BC pills? Have you had any side effects or anything? 

@blackrose-9 - does sound like a confusing time with those different OPKs! Like we need any more frustration and confusion when it comes to all this! It sounds like you did ovulate though! For whatever reason those flashy smiley face OPKs never worked for me, but the cheap, non digital ones do so I just stick with the one brand to hopefully get as consistent as a response as possible. I also have found testing twice a day (morning and late afternoon) has worked well with not missing the peak. Sounds like you were very diligent with making sure you caught ovulation, it just sucks that it wasn’t so clear this time around! 

AFM: last day of Letrozole today and then US on Friday. Will start OPKs on Thursday. My clinic wants me to do the second pee of the day (mid morning) to test which seems kind of weird to me. With that logic, I’ll have to do an OPK at work. Good thing my workplace has individual bathrooms and not just stalls, otherwise that would be a bit uncomfortable doing an OPK in a little stall with other people coming and going lol. I’m planning on still testing twice a day just so I don’t miss O. 

QOTW: unfortunately, we’re not going anywhere this summer. I’m just planning a bunch of little things to do during the summer, like strawberry picking, going to the beach, maybe heading down to where you ladies are in the States for some shopping (I always load up on some of the food products you gals have in the States that we don’t get up here, like Vanilla Coke! Lol). If we just get a hot summer I’ll be happy! 

*TW* Also, I know that Mother’s Day is next Sunday, so just wanted to wish you all a peaceful, self-care type of weekend cause I know how difficult this upcoming weekend can be!  <3<3 *end of TW*
  • @sincethelastday BCP was fine. Being off it now... Good lord I didn't think AF would be as heavy as it is. Got a ride awakening this morning since I thought a small pantiliners would be fine....NOPE. Now I'm like... Is it still going to be 6 days long? Ugh. We'll see. Back on BCP on Wednesday to officially start the IVF stuff.

Also all hail individual bathrooms instead of stalls! I have that at work too 🙂

@chiblackhawkie hoping all goes well for your IUI!

QOTW: well, obvious plan is to get KU this summer haha (hopefully). ER in June, FET sometime in July. We also have a vacation planned to northern WI in early July which has me like "I hope to God anything for the FET happens after that week!". I saw I have 2 refills for BC so I'm guessing I'll be on it for 18 days a 3rd time as part of the FET cycle which should be fine for the timing if it's true.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi everyone- it’s been a while for me. I’ve been catching up on everyone’s posts though! 

Currently rX is taking a break from fertility treatments. I think I’m going to do an egg retrieval in June or July and I have gotten over the price tag (sort of). Funnily enough I went into Starbucks for a job interview because they cover IVF entirely and only have to work 20 hrs a week. I got the job but I realized I’m too impatient to wait until benefits kick in which would be the 4th or 5th month of working. So I had to awkwardly decline the position a day after interviewing. My husbands relieved because we have the money and it would have been unneeded stress in my life! 

Even though I’m not going in this month for a medicated cycle or IUI, I obviously wanted to give a go on our own and I ovulated Friday night while my husband was away! Bah!!! So frustrating that there are only 12 shots a year to get pregnant and I blew it this month. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Jumping in answering the questions 
    1. TTC for ??? A year and a half of ovulation testing and all that 
    2. “Ovulation disfunction” and irregular cycles 
    3. Clomid but appointment next month to discuss since I’m still having irregular cycles 

• @sincethelastday Interesting logic using the second pee of the day... Guess the first has too many chemicals?

And yes, Mother's Day is a tough one... Everyone  should allow themselves a good cry.

@inthewoods23 That's all coming up quick! Hopefully you can enjoy your vaca without too much stress/pain.

@nancinator It's frustrating when times don't match up... But it does sound like you've got a good plan coming up this summer.

AFM: Thanks everyone for the well-wishes! Went in this afternoon and had my IUI done. Now here I am slightly crampy, so fingers crossed! We're getting ready to put our house on the market next week, so thankfully I do have other things to keep my mind off of the wait.

QOTW: In between moving and searching for a new job, summer vacation will be looking for a new house probably haha.
  • @sincethelastday I started TTC in 2014, I've gotten to the point where I'm trying to make sure everything is perfect lol I even chart my BBT and it looks like I did ovulate so I'm hoping I did. Just waiting to see now :smile: trying not to test too early, probably will on Saturday. My SO and I decided to test just once this time. I went back to school and this week is finals so he wants me to wait until after its over so that I'm not distracted by the results, which I suppose is a good idea. Next Monday I go back to my doctor to discuss results.. 

QOTW: I would like to plan a vacation, but my SO is going out of town for a couple of months for work so I probably won't do anything exciting. Just take some time to focus on me :):smile:
  • Hi everyone! I appreciate all of your positivity and warm welcome!

@chiblackhawkie FX for you!! 

@sincethelastday letrozole for me starting tomorrow, any tips? I was using my OPK at work in stalls and seemed to get away with it I think.... no one is going to question - "so you seem to spend a lot of time in the stall each afternoon....?" Lol the initial couple are awkward feeling then it's fine! At least you have fully enclosed so even better!

AFM:
    Me 34, DH 35, Cycle 22, have been charting mostly throughout (we did before TTC to avoid.... I think of us then and laugh and laugh  :p ) and was using OPK off and on. Pretty regular cycles and consistent CM signs so I mostly opted to not bother with OPK once we figured out I was definitely ovulating regularly. Some cycles we definitely overtaxed DH though when ovulation took longer than usual :s oops ... so here we are: ups, downs, oops and lessons we learned along the way. One cycle of monitoring over Christmas 2018 and it was recommended to do a medicated IUI to start.

Dx. Low AMH (13), DH: low (forward) motility & hyperviscosity
    Rx. 1st round IUI starting this cycle: Letrozole, Puregon (FSH), Ovidrel (HSG), Crinone (Progesterone)

"Magic cycle 22" here we come. Day 1 yesterday. I go in for Day 3 US and BW tomorrow am for baseline (I should have been sleeping over an hour ago... feeling stressed). Starting letrozole tomorrow if I get the green light.

I live in Ontario, Canada so we have our May long weekend on the 18-20th .... right about Day 15. Timing is great!

Wondering what others experiences have been with letrozole and if anyone has been on puregon (injectable, follitropin beta)...? Was comforted to hear @nancinator didn't have too much trouble and have read others have not either!! So here is honestly hoping!

QOTW: no big summer plans with this big unknown facing us right now. Once we get this one under our belt maybe we will feel differently (or maybe be bumping it up! FX) .. I'm most looking forward to getting my veggie garden going. That's my summer project and I love tinkering in it on evenings and weekends.

Thanks again everyone. Looking forward to chit chatting and getting to know some of you for sure! (Promise I won't be a constant novel writer... whoops!)
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • @hithertorue I personally felt no different on the letrozole than when I wasn't on it. Same for the progesterone suppositories, but I think one cycle I did experience some bloat during that TWW. Hope it doesn't give you too much trouble!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @hithertorue I personally felt no different on the letrozole than when I wasn't on it. Same for the progesterone suppositories, but I think one cycle I did experience some bloat during that TWW. Hope it doesn't give you too much trouble!
    Thanks so much @inthewoods23!!
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • @nancinator - the whole Starbucks coverage thing still sounds unbelievable to me - why couldn’t more workplaces offer something like that?! However, I always think Starbucks would be super stressful to work at, so can see why you turned it down apart from having to wait months before coverage kicked in. Glad you’re going to have some time to prepare and relax before heading to IVF.

@2dogsmom - I saw your intro post. I feel like I can totally relate with the long, unpredictable cycles and also unpredictable O dates! It’s so frustrating! However, once I was put on Letrozole, my cycles have been regular and I’ve O almost always on CD 15. I was told by my doctor when I first started it that if I had a cycle longer than 35 they would up my dosage. So, I would maybe ask if it would be possible to up the dosage to see if that would work or perhaps changing to Letrozole? I’ve never been on Clomid so can’t unfortunately help with advice on that drug. Is your appointment early next month? Hope you don’t have to wait too long to get answers! 

@chiblackhawkie - wow! You’ve got a lot going on this summer! Hope you have some time to just relax! FX for you for this cycle! 

@blackrose-9 - glad you don’t have to wait long before your next appointment! Let us know how it goes! 

@hithertorue - similar to @inthewoods23, I’ve had an easy ride with Letrozole. The only minor “side effect” I’ve had is spotting a few days after my period ends, which is kinda annoying but nothing crazy. I think it’s pretty well known for being low on the side effects scale. Good luck with your US and BW tomorrow and hope all goes smoothly this cycle for you! Also, no need to apologize for writing so much - this is the place to unload and just spill your guts with what’s on your mind! (P.S. wave to a fellow Canadian! I’m from Winnipeg. I’m curious if any fertility treatments are covered in Ontario? Manitoba has a tax credit for fertility treatment costs, but nothing else). 
  • hithertoruehithertorue member
    edited May 2019
     (P.S. wave to a fellow Canadian! I’m from Winnipeg. I’m curious if any fertility treatments are covered in Ontario? Manitoba has a tax credit for fertility treatment costs, but nothing else). 
    Ontario will cover the first round of IVF treatment from what I have heard. Though with our current government cutting left right and center I'm not sure if that might be on the table for cuts.

I'm not sure if anything is covered in an IUI cycle... We figure with drugs (which I only have 20% coverage through my benefits plan and no coverage through DH's plan bc fertility drugs are specifically excluded...  :| ) an IUI cycle will be about $2k all in after sperm wash and drugs. 

Edited to say also: Hi!! (Lol didn't mean to be all business!) I figured there would be fellow Canadians here as there aren't too many Canadian specific communities/forums online. 
  • Hello all! Sorry to have been AWOL for a while. Things got busy and I’ve been finding it tricky to find time to compose a reply (still don’t like doing it on my phone as it’s hard to tag people and scroll up to previous posts in order not to forget anyone - how do the rest of you manage it?!)

So anyway, a lot has moved on since I last wrote. 
    @sincethelastday good luck with your US - what cycle day are you on now? You’ve ‘overtaken’ me since we were in sync but I will be catching up if AF comes as expected Thursday and I start my first IUI cycle!

@inthewoods23 feel very ignorant as I wasn’t aware BC was part of IVF - or why you have to go on it and then come off to go back again? Sorry if that’s a daft question! 

@chiblackhawkie Fingers crossed for this 2WW!

@nancinator Sorry the IUI didn’t work out, hope that the next stage will go smoothly and bring better results!

@blackrose-9 Good luck with your wait!

@2dogsmom Welcome! I can understand how frustrating it must be to have irregular cycles. On a positive note, I have 2 friends for whom that was the case and they did both eventually conceive naturally. 

@hithertorue Welcome! I read your intro and thought, wow! That’s me. I’m a bit older (36, DH 44) but I am just coming to the end of cycle 21 with a medicated IUI cycle planned to start with cycle 22. So I hope it is a magic one :-) Good luck with the injections, I am not looking forward to them either 😬

AFM, so expecting AF on Thursday and will then be officially onto the first assisted cycle. I admit I keep thinking « maybe I won’t actually have to do all this stuff after all » and am still in denial about it not happening ‘naturally’. No doubt one day I won’t give a toss what was or wasn’t natural, but there we are. Went to the pharmacy to order the meds (you have to get them yourself here) and for the first medication on the list, the pharmacist said, « oh I can’t give you that, it’s been discontinued since 2016 »!! So that was a good start. I looked it up and it turns out it’s just a version of Clomid. So I had the stress of ringing the clinic to confirm that’s what I needed and ringing the pharmacy back, all from work, in order to make sure it’s available by Thurs/Friday. 

So anyway, we’ll see what happens but I suppose the plus side is that if I do have to do IUI, it’ll be nice to be able to « join in » with you ladies already underway! Much better than going it all alone. Plus I know that my mum took Clomid all those years ago before conceiving me, so maybe it’ll work a miracle for me too :-)

QOTW: No big plans - we're going back to England for a friend’s wedding in July but haven’t booked tickets yet as still dithering over how long to spend seeing my friends and family out of my time booked off. Got a lot to do in the house & garden but feel I could really do with some time away. My work ‘forces’ me to take 3 weeks off in the summer (sorry to all the Americans who I know get very little leave!) so not sure if we will try to go somewhere other than England - we usually like to go walking somewhere in the mountains but time and especially money are at a premium this year! Plus 3 weeks sounds great but I’m only part time and if I take all of that off my self-employed earnings will take a big hit. We’ll see... 

It’s not Mothers’ Day here until 26 May but then the English one was back in March so I don’t take too much notice of it... 

PS @hithertorue see you’re not the only one to write a novel either 😉
  • @cigaline oh -- big time FX for you that all that will be so unneeded and you will be PG instead!! I did and felt the exact same leading up to my expected AF starting prior to starting this first assisted cycle. ("Just like in the movies, the last possible try, the miracle could happen and save the day!") If it does happen, you'll have me about 1 week ahead of you in the process and I can hopefully tell you how it's not bad at all!

I'm still buzzing (with anxiety I guess? Just very energized) at work today, hence the second daytime check of the board today. I am hoping to get out of the office at a decent time and go get some acupuncture to de-stress... that definitely seems to help level me out when I get like this and we have a great little community acupuncture where the fee is ultra low as they treat multiple people at a time. $20 per visit as opposed to $80 per hour with a private acupuncture visit!

I also had the pleasure of calling during office hours to rebook US & BW appointments for next week as our clinic has 2 locations and I'm trying to work around an existing work commitment without anyone becoming the wiser! Ugh!
  • @cigaline the BC is for hormone regulation. Normally you wouldn't do 2 rounds of it but my clinic has like a "down" period I had to get through so the round I just finished was to pass that time.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Thank you everyone for the welcome. It’s nice to be with people who understand my frustration! 

@sincethelastday thanks! I definitely plan to ask about meds. Sadly I don’t have an appointment for a while because my insurance doesn’t cover anything fertility or family planning related so trying to balance finances. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • nancinatornancinator member
    edited May 2019
    @sincethelastday what brand of OPK do you use? I have the expensive digital one from ClearBlue and it should be straightforward, but I'm just not a fan either!! 

@cigaline i know how you feel. it's so easy to dwell on the fact that getting pregnant on your own is not working out. it's consuming my thoughts a lot. it's a total mystery to me too when friends tell me someone they know had IVF for #1 and then naturally got pregnant for baby #2 or #3... it must be a total shock.

@hithertorue i'm going in tomorrow for acupuncture. i do think it helps with stress, tension in muscles, the elusive "qi" and coupled with massage, it is ultra relaxing. however for fertility, i wonder to what extent will it aid in getting pregnant depending on the issues... male factor, tubal problems, etc. and then there's the question of how frequent you'd have to go in - i think at least 1-2x a week for real effectiveness? 

Does anyone else feel mild cramping a couple days after they ovulate? This has been happening for the past year while TTC and I've never noticed it before... it usually lasts 2, maybe 3 days with intermittent cramping. I wonder what it means...

• cigalinecigaline member
    edited May 2019
    AF came for me today bang on schedule, as it often does. (So sweet of you to send the positive vibes @hithertorue, but it wasn’t to be...) I sometimes marvel at how predictable my body seems to be as far as my cycle is concerned, yet it doesn’t seem to be able to do the one thing all that’s designed for.

So on top of menstrual pain and feeling tired I had the joy of spending my afternoon ringing the clinic desperately trying to get through. I work in a hospital in a shared office, and the only semi-private space is the long open air terrace on the top floor next to my office. (People walk by relatively frequently so it’s pretty stressful trying to get the essential ‘my period’s started today’ in while no one’s around!)  I rang no fewer than 10 times within the 3 hour window I’d been given, and it was either engaged or rang out. Plus it started pouring with rain in the middle of the afternoon! When the woman finally answered, she immediately ditched my line with no warning and went on talking to someone else for 2 minutes while I wondered whether there was a problem with the line! She eventually just said someone would call me back tomorrow so I’m still in the dark as to what specifically needs to happen. 

I know I’m starting Clomid tomorrow and then there’s an HCG injection at some point to trigger ovulation (after ultrasound and blood tests), but that’s it...
  • @cigaline sorry AF came. :( that’s unfortunate your clinic sounds not very organized. I have a direct number to my nurse and if she doesn’t pick up, I leave a voicemail or email her that Day 1 came. 

When I had my IUI cycles, I started taking clomid on Day 3 at night (9pm, same time) for 5 nights. Then I would go in periodically to check on the follicles and do the trigger shot when they were the right size. Hope that helps xx 
  • @hithertorue - that is nice about the one IVF round being covered. Hope with funding cuts it doesn’t get slashed, but I also hope you won’t have to need it! It’s crazy how expensive just IUI is! 

How did your US go? I feel like I can totally relate with trying to book in appointments without anyone in the office really noticing it. I do sometimes wonder if my boss wonders what these “medical appointments” are that I’m booking quite often. 

@cigaline - welcome back! I’m on CD 10 today, so we’re not too far apart and we’re pretty much at the same step with IUI. Sucks to hear about AF, but glad you can just get going with treatment. Although, I have to say, you seem to have the worst luck with labs and now pharmacies!! It just seems like you’re always encountering the most unhelpful workers at these places lol. Glad you got it sorted out, but come on! Like you need the added stress. Also really sorry to hear about the annoying telephone antics with your clinic!! I’ve been in a similar situation where I’m in a public hallway when my clinic has called and it can be pretty awkward whispering in the phone that your period just happened with people walking by. Hope the rest of your first IUI is smooth sailing!! 

(Also, the only way I keep track of everyone’s update is writing little reminders on sticky notes when I’m at my desk as I scroll through and then I use them as reference to respond. Sounds kind of silly, but I’m weird in an organized kind of way? *shrug*)

@nancinator - I use “easy @ home” ovulation kit. They are the real cheap ones that aren’t digital and you just have to read the line according to the test line. I buy them on Amazon and it’s $30 for a box of 50 (and includes 20 pregnancy tests as well). I tried the digital brands for a few months when I first started TTC and I only ever got a smiley face once. I switched to this brand and it’s shown I’ve had a LH surge every time I’ve used them. I know some people don’t like them because you have to discern a little bit more with reading the line, but I’ve just gotten used to reading them. And with the amount of OPKs I’ve used over the past three years, I would have broken my bank on just OPKs alone with how expensive the digital ones are lol. 

I also experience one sided cramping the day of ovulation and usually the next day as well. My understanding is that it’s a sign that ovulation is happening. Not sure if you’re experiencing it for a few days after ovulation if it’s the same thing? 
  • Just had day 6 ultrasound and waiting on bloodwork. Need to go through everyones messages and give a proper reply but just had such a funny thought during ultrasound I almost laughed out loud on the table... thought I'd share.  :D

Mental image that I felt like a human popsicle.... please tell me I'm not the first person to think that! What a weirdo! Hahahaha

• @hithertorue - OMG, that is really funny!   :p 
  • @hithertorue Haha! Can't say that's ever come to mind, but I can see it now.

@sincethelastday I've been looking forwards to this move for the past four years (we've stayed in our current location for DH's teen daughter) - so if anything, it's about as exciting as a vacation. 

@cigaline Sorry to hear about disappointing AF AND your clinic being rude. How do some people not know how to treat others?

@2dogsmom Welcome to the 'club'. It's not the most fun club to be a part of, but we do our best to support each other. :)

@nancinator Interesting on the cramping... Like stated before, I usually have it happen on O day.

AFM: I'm planning a FB hiatus this weekend. After all of the posts I've already seen this week, not sure how much more I see before starting to become bitter. One of my friends who has fought this battle before shared this post with me - it's been helpful. 
  • @chiblackhawkie - thanks for sharing the article. I especially liked the idea of treating yourself on Mother’s Day and also really like the part where the author mentions how success stories never helped when she was in the middle of infertility grief. To be honest, I’ve never really found much comfort in hearing success stories because they were never a guarantee that I would also be a success story, so that part really spoke to me. I am totally with you on taking a hiatus from FB this weekend!! It’s going to be a land mine this weekend! Thinking of you ladies this weekend (even you, @cigaline, cause I know like you said the French Mother’s Day is coming up soon). 
  • @sincethelastday how did it go with your opks at work?

I'm also with you on success stories, they had a lot of appeal early on but no longer make me feel especially hopeful. They're nice to hear though so if I'm in the right mind frame I do enjoy reading about some.

@chiblackhawkie did you get your house listed? I am also with you on the FB hiatus.  I had started weaning off social media in the new year, I said no more social media at home (mornings, evenings and weekends) which really helped tremendously bc I found it meant I was only checking when I was out of the house and busy and had other distractions not when I was at home and could wind up in a total funk. Then decided to give it up for lent and felt SO good, I've been on a couple times since Easter but I can honestly say I don't miss it!

@nancinator re: acupuncture, I've been going fairly frequently since last summer so I can safely say it has not been a miracle for fertility, and I really don't know if it has the power to do anything about functional problems... for stress, anxiety, balancing and keeping your body functioning at it's best in general I think great. I did find my bbt have become more steady and i do find it very much helps with anxiety and stress. All part of self care which is so important. I am trying to make 2x per week happen this cycle as I'm going through iui to help with that aspect. 

Also for cramping post ovulation, did you ever have cysts? I have a very small cyst on my right ovary and find occasionally i get a little light cramping around and after ovulation for a day or maybe 2 on that side (haven't honestly paid that close attention though) and I wondered if it was bc I ovulated on the right those cycles and it was irritating to the cyst.... that was my theory. My cramps at that time are usually kinda pinchy in a dull way.

AFM, had my day 6 US and BW today. Only 1 more day of Letrozole left tomorrow and honestly haven't noticed any symptoms from it. Was a funny appt today. Following my "human popsicle" thought I had BW and learned how to do my Puregon injections which I have to do tomorrow and Sunday on my own since I don't have US appts those days.... the nurse was showing me how to do the injection and said "Ok now you want to pinch your belly for the injection..." and it just came out of my mouth "oh my God, never been so glad to not be bikini ready!" Maybe you had to be there but we both had a good laugh and the injection was really not bad at all. I had worked it up to be such a big deal in my mind. I totally got this! Hopefully. Maybe.  :p
  • @hithertorue that is too funny! Glad things are going well for you!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @sincethelastday I’ll have to try that brand of testing. I have also been using digital and just not sure it’s working right?!

@nancinator I have had cramping 2-3 days after the test said I ovulated multiple times. I always wondered if maybe my test was wrong but maybe it’s something else. 

@chiblackhawkie thanks for sharing that post. Success stories aren’t helping me much right now and it feels like everyone at work is pregnant (50 employees and we had 3 babies born in May and 4 more on the way). 
  • @hithertorue - OPKs at work are going alright. I have a plant in my office, so I bring a little flower pot (with the cup and test sitting in the pot) to the bathroom under the guise of watering my plant lol. I don’t think anyone would really ever care or notice, but I just needed a “plan.” 

Glas to hear your US and BW went well and that Letrozole has been treating you nicely! Also love your comment with the nurse!!  :D I think the only way to survive infertility is to have a sense of humor along the way. 
  • @hithertorue - OPKs at work are going alright. I have a plant in my office, so I bring a little flower pot (with the cup and test sitting in the pot) to the bathroom under the guise of watering my plant lol.
    That is brilliant!! I love it!
  • Hi, I'm new! I've been TTC for 17 months. We are doing IUI with letrozole and trigger shot. I have been diagnosed with pcos, endo and adenomyosis. 
    It's hard to make summer plans when we are tied to the cycle of treatments. Luckily we live near a beach so lots of picnics there is probably in our future. And maybe a local roadtrip if we can get away for a few days.
    Glad to connect with you all :)
  • @hithertorue that is a great way to hide it! Glad it hasn’t been too hard to test at work. 
  • Happy Infertility Awareness Day y'all. 

@sincethelastday Yeah.. I've begun to feel the same way about success stories. I'm happy for those people, but you're right, it doesn't mean it's going to work out for the rest of us.

@hithertorue House isn't on the market quite yet. We've got a plumber coming over tomorrow to hopefully fix a leaking pipe, then fix a few more small things. The following Monday will HOPEFULLY be photo day.

I've officially deleted FB from my phone to keep from torturing myself. Maybe I'll keep it off...

Sometimes I feel like you have to laugh at all of these fertility treatment procedures... Otherwise it's just aggravating/depressing (depending on how you feel that particular day).

@2dogsmom Ugh.. Sorry to hear you're literally surrounded. 

@sara_tory Welcome to the group! I'm with you on the IUI treatments... Will this be your first round?

And living next to a beach? Nice!