August 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 5/6

Re: Weekly randoms 5/6

• Options
    @agpandme - I feel you there! Archer was a contender for DD2, though I was going to stab anyone trying to call her Archie (it has the same number of letters and syllables, whyyyyyyy?).

@Avrilmai - That is a wonderful/absolutely valid point: PPA/PPD definitely begins during pregnancy, but only *recognized* after delivery.

Super (weekly) random: Someone brought in two boxes of Twinkies this week. I haven't had one in 20 or 25 years. I've eaten FOUR in 2 days, with a fifth one sitting on my desk to go with tomorrow's "breakfast" (i.e. vanilla greek yogurt). It's all about balance! :D (I don't remember being a huge fan of them as a kid, but HOLY CRAP, they're pretty amazing)
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sw1122sw1122 member
    @Avrilmai - I didn't know about that - thanks for this. It must be so confusing dealing with postpartum depression and it's terrible that so many women suffer through it without getting the help they need. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I don’t think I’ve felt them.  About how far apart we’re they, do you think?  (Like 10 sec, a min?)
  • Options
    emqbeeemqbee member
    I’ve felt what I *think* are hiccups. Maybe someone can chime in...I feel a movement, Same exact place and feeling, about 5-7 times in a row with them time perfectly apart. I’m pretty sure that’s hiccups but should it last longer...?
  • Options
    Has anybody had a negative experience in telling their employment about their pregnancy? I spilled the beans just this week, but I was already four months when I was hired at this new job, and I didn't disclose during the interview. The Board to have my hire approved is 90% old white men, one of which referred to somebody as an "Oriental." I was not confident that if I disclosed prior to the interview that I would have been hired- they're old school and don't care about discrimination laws I think. I was in a very bad job prior, and I couldn't afford not to get hired at this dream new job. I finally disclosed this week (late, I understand, but I wanted to really prove myself at this new job), and they took it bad. Like, really badly. Horrible, awkward phone conversation with heavy tension. A snappy e-mail right afterwards. Today, I had a face to face meeting where they said "How can you NOT tell that this is a huge concern?". I cried, I won't lie. I swore up and down everything would be so streamlined before I left, projects already planned, budget completed for 2020, calendar set, I will only take six weeks off because that's the earliest any daycare will take an infant around here and I have no other help, I offered to work from home or work from the office if I could bring baby. I was called inappropriate to suggest it.

I'll take responsibility for the late disclosure- but I just wasn't expecting this.
  • Options
    @flagchic Any way you could consult someone in HR? My experience with a similar “good old boy” company was that HR was completely on the company’s side and there was no employee advocate. 

Do you think they will hold your job?

Depending on your state there may be additional rights (my state is employment at will, so there’s no protection there either).

Sorry you are having all this extra stress. I was hired pregnant with my first (as a waitress, so not exactly my dream job), and my boss was really shitty when I told him. Pretty sure he held it against me the whole 2.5 years I worked there... I hope that isn’t your experience. 

• Options
    @flagchic I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. You had absolutely no requirement to tell them while interviewing, (in fact most HR experts will recommend you don't, it was discussed a while ago here).
    I am not an expert, but I believe most places that have a certain number of employees are required to hold the job for you under FMLA. If you seriously think your job is at risk you may want to consult an attorney.
    I hope that things improve for you.
  • Options
    No advice other than document *everything*. So sorry they took it so badly @flagchic :'(

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    @flagchic I'm sorry, that sounds so stressful and you should not have to be dealing with that type of response.  

Side note: why doesn't anyone participate in hdbd?! My last bmb I swear it was everyone by this point.  I know I've missed some weeks, but I want to see bumps!

• Options
    @mkrel - I've only participated once. Mostly because there was no "bump" to mention until about a week ago. I promise I'll do better :) 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @mkrel as @cato99 was saying in this week's HDBD I always feel like the pictures don't accurately reflect my bump, so I often decide not to even bother posting. And even without the slimming work of the camera my bump isn't much to speak of. I'm even wearing a non-maternity shirt today, at 24+5. It's very loose and flowy, but still...
    This is number 3 for me, and I always carry small, so I keep telling myself not to worry, but there really isn't much there.
  • Options
    @mkrel I find I usually end up not posting because I take my pictures on my new week, which is Friday. And it feels so late to post lol
  • Options
    emqbeeemqbee member
    I don’t have a floor length mirror at home so I wind up not taking many....and then when I do it’s in the bathroom at work and I hate to post ‘work bathroom’ pics...I’ll try to do better!!
  • Options
    @mkrel second time mom life. With DD I took weekly photos, this time I've only been doing milestone photos.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I finally got the PT scheduled I requested at appointment over 2 weeks ago and the earliest I can be seen is the first week of June 🙄. My hip hurt so bad Tuesday I was almost in tears before I left the house for the day... and now it’s going to be 4 more weeks (at least). 
  • Options
    @mkrel I didn't participate because I had no idea what HDBD meant LOL.  Once I took the time to open the thread and look it up, I posted a photo.   I'll try to be more active :P 
  • Options
    Should I retitle it "HDBD pics" or something so people know its pictures? I'm just so used to stalking other bmbs and have been on the bump for 5 solid years that I forget some acronyms aren't common knowledge 😬

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    I had a dream last night that I had the baby and was just randomly going about my day to day life waiting for milk to come in while the baby was chilling at the hospital. Not NICU or anything, just that the hospital wouldnt release the baby until my milk came in. I said something at one point about being a week into it already and maybe it just wouldnt come in this time. I was cool as a cucumber about all this like it was just standard practice.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @MamaK225 @BigBadWolf12 @heml @mrosek91 @thirdtimesacharm2019   Thank you SO much for the love and support. When you spend more time at work than any other place, it stinks to not have any happiness or support about something that makes you so happy. It feels like they want me to be ashamed!

I'm definitely documenting everything that I can remember from this point further. I heard from the female office manager that she was told about it, and that they'll get over it but were just mad because they felt "blindsided" and that I was "withholding information." I'm not a liar- but I'm private, it's none of their business, I'm not legally required to, and I just used the fact that I'm still not showing to my advantage ;)
  • Options
    jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited May 2019
    @flagchic So sorry you’re going through this :( Even though you’re not covered by FMLA, I believe the Pregnancy Discrimination Act still applies if your company has 15 or more employees. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin @MamaK225 so excited for your friends! what awesome news for both!!

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @zamora_spin @MamaK225 Oh, yay, amazing news for your friends!! 💛

My random (or maybe TMI): So. Much. Discharge. Silly FTM me thought I wouldn't need pantiliners while pregnant. Nope, bring on the Costco sized box, I'm wearing them more often than I did when not pregnant.
  • Options
    @EmilyA724 I will attribute my pleasant experience at McDonald’s last night to being pregnant. The cashier brought out our food and insisted she bring the ketchup back (I was going to go get it)... I usually don’t care care to be fussed over, but it was kind of nice! I was super tired, hence the dinner at McDonald’s. 
  • Options
    We also had McDonalds for dinner last night!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    aecmaecm member
    If DD could have a FFFC, it should be that she doesn’t like McDonalds. She won’t touch McNuggets. She’s such a weirdo 🙄😂
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @aecm My 13YO wouldn’t eat PB&J until like a year ago. Now he doesn’t use ketchup or salad dressing ... talk about weird. Meanwhile my 6YO would dip sauce in sauce (just like his mom)!
  • Options
    @aecm DD1 won't eat McDonalds nuggets either, but I think that's because she's been spoiled by CFA.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @aecm for the longest time DD was a self-imposed vegetarian and she still eats very limited meat. She will occasionally have two chicken nuggets if we dip them in enough ketch-up, but mostly it's a fries and chocolate milk meal. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So either my swollen ankle busted the strap on one of my favorite sandals or the glue was lose from not being worn all winter (is that even a thing?). I think I’m in denial that I’m so fat I broke a shoe. 
  • Options
    @peachy0709 I love CFA nuggets, but sometimes, like last night, I will crave McDonald’s nuggets. It’s so weird. I know they aren’t even real chicken.
  • Options
    I never participate on HDBD because I'm very "plus size." So I don't even look pregnant. I just look fat. 🤷‍♀️