April 2019 Moms

May - issues and questions

My 3 y.o. DD is crying uncontrollably now that DS is 1 week old.  She says she missed mommy.  She even broke down at gymnastics.  Today DH had to take DS into another room for 2 hours, so we could have mommy time but i need to nurse every 2 to 3 hours. Suggestions?

Re: May - issues and questions

• Ugh that’s hard. Can you read DD a book while breastfeeding. With my son (6.5) we had movie night last night. I fed baby and we watched a movie together. He really enjoyed that. 
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    Like @saucentoss last night DS1 and I cuddled in our bed and watched a movie and ate popcorn while feeding the twins and pumping/caring for them. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter will be two next week and maybe that helps that she is younger but I have her sit next to the changing table so she can watch and I include her when I'm taking care of the baby.

We also have kept her on her normal routine as much as possible. I play with her while he sleeps.
  • DD and I did a trip to the ice cream shop 2 nights ago, which helped but because I'm still sore from the tearing, I can't do all of her normal routine.  She protests or runs off when DH fills in for me on various tasks (today it was pullup changes).  

I'm going to have to look for mom and me activities that aren't too strenuous.