TTC After a Loss
Options

May WTO

2»

Re: May WTO

• Options
    Hey ladies - a question  for those of you using OPKs. Do you get almost positives in the morning then clearly negatives at night for a day or two before a true positive? This always happens to me and I found it odd.
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    Personal assistant to one 10 year-old fur baby (cat, pictured).
    Human baby #1 EDD Feb 11, 2020
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
    BFP December 7, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    @kaeineurope are your mornings done with fmu? I know you're not supposed to use fmu for opks, that could be why. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @splashmountain I do test with FMU but just for context, since that’s the only time in the morning I can test before work and I always retest in the afternoon when’s I get home anyway. I’ve gotten good enough at reading them that even when the second line is pretty dark I can tell it’s not positive yet. 

Got my peak OPK this afternoon, now waiting for my very first crosshairs on FF before I move to TWW.
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    Personal assistant to one 10 year-old fur baby (cat, pictured).
    Human baby #1 EDD Feb 11, 2020
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
    BFP December 7, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    Back here...
  • Options
    Sorry you are here @char245
  • Options
    Sorry @char245

CD1 for me too today. First world problem, I work at an outpatient imaging/lab center that is closed on the weekends so I was hoping af would come yesterday (or of course not at all) so I could do my CD3 bloodwork at work, nope, I have to go to the hospital on Saturday whomp whomp. Oh well, happy to get started on some testing.
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    @splashmountain that’s a bummer!! 
  • Options
    Sorry @char245
    Ive been not around as much because we are moving next tuesday and it is just so exhausting! I hate moving! Also I’m still in the boring part of my cycle lol. I should theoretically O around Monday, so hoping we can find some time in the midst of all the moving mess.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    So I had a flashing smiley yesterday and a negative today.  I didn’t temp this morning but I don’t think I o’d Yet.  I normally get cramps.  I think my body is going yo screw with me this month 
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    @Mack2342 ugh that was me last month, sooo frustrating!! 
  • Options
    tyrion_tyrion_ member
    Hi, everyone. I just intro’d and I hope it’s ok to hop in. 

Started temping again yesterday and this morning my temp dropped back to pre-O levels. 

Just going to patiently (Yea right) wait to see what my cycle does. 
  • Options
    Ugh, sorry @Mack2342 our bodies are such jerks!

@tyrion_ good luck this cycle. Be prepared, cycles tend to be wonky post mc
  • Options
    @splashmountain and @char245 it’s so annoying.  I again had a negative this morning.  Maybe it’s a good thing since we are at my parents until tomorrow.  Hopefully I will O this month 
  • Options
    Officially on CD 1 after my D&C. Let's see how this goes...
  • Options
    tyrion_tyrion_ member
    @emlettuce Hope it isn’t too wild of a cycle for you. Good luck! 
  • Options
    I’m really annoyed.  Saturday a flashing smiley(high) test and no O symptoms, Sunday and Monday low test and no symptoms, Tuesday low test in morning then O cramps so I took another one and flashing smiley again.  Low again this morning then O cramps so I took another one and it’s flashing.   I’ve never had this happen before.   I’ve geared up and then not O or Od later but not this up and down.  I’m so frustrated 
  • Options
    tyrion_tyrion_ member
    @Mack2342 That is really frustrating. I’m sorry this cycle is so up and down. I hope your body cuts you a break and shows you some clearer signs soon. The gearing up then not O’ing is for the birds. 
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    I'm sorry @Mack2342. Our bodies suck. I'm jumping back in here since we've decided to NTNP while exploring our adoption options. My last cycle lasted 23 days, so that's not very inspiring. Marching on...
  • Options
    Good luck to you @ruby696 with both the ntnp and the adoption process.
  • Options
    GL @ruby696

AFM, flashing smiley this morning so maybe I will O after all.  
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    GL this cycle @Mack2342. Everything is crossed for you.
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    @Mack2342 that is incredibly frustrating!! I hope you get a solid smiley soon and that this is your month!!
    @ruby696 good luck this month! Where are you in the adoption process? We are trying to adopt an embryo but it is a frustrating process as our bank is extremely low! Hope your process goes well!!
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    @char245 We have an orientation on the 5th for foster/adopt and I met with a friend from law school who does private adoption last week. I think we're going with foster/adopt due cost and need. I learned there is a 10:1 adoptive to birth parent ratio, while thousands of kids sit in foster care. Orientation is the first official step.
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    @ruby696 your meeting is so soon! Very exciting, I hope everything goes well for you!!
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    @char245 We also just completed an application in another county, too. Things are starting to get real and I'm kind of freaking out, but in a good way. I think. 🙂
  • Options
    40momma40momma member
    @ruby696 exciting and amazing! Which country? I've looked into adoption from other countries and almost all of them want the couple to be married for 5 years. I've been with my SO for over 20 years but we aren't married so we are pretty limited.
    My step sister just surprised us all and adopted a little boy with his 2 siblings to follow. My step sister's wife is a midwife and she knew of a women who had put her 2 kids in foster care and pregnant with a third. They were able to fast track the process a bit since the biological mom chose them right away. 
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited May 2019
    @40momma Oh, we're not going international - we are looking at one state-wide agency and on agency in our county. I know in CA, single people can foster/adopt, so maybe you can find an agency that doesn't require you to be married? It's all very exciting but also kind of terrifying.  And there are so many sibling sets in need of homes, which is really heartbreaking. 

Eta: spelling
  • Options
    tyrion_tyrion_ member
    @ruby696 Good luck! I don’t know much about the adoption process but wish you the smoothest and easiest journey with it. Thanks for sharing some of it with us. 
  • Options
    @ruby696 and @40momma I hope that process goes smoothly for you.  I wish I could convince myself to go that route   

AFM I finally got a solid smiley today. Still not sure it will mean much after all the ups and downs this month 
  • Options
    Hope this is it, @Mack2342! Do you just use opks? 
  • Options
    What a rollercoaster @Mack2342 a weird cycle must be a good sign, right??
  • Options
    @Mack2342 congrats on the solid smiley!! FX this is the month!!
  • Options
    @tyrion_ I also temp.  I don’t track CM but I always notice it during FW.   The only thing is I’ve had more CM this cycle bc of mucinex (cold)
  • Options
    @Mack2342 I’ve heard that about mucinex. It literally gets everything flowing. And I had to give opks a break because of the up and down rollercoaster. I might give them another shot, though. 
  • Options
    @tyrion_ it is a roller coaster.  This is my last cycle TTC.   I’ve been on this board since my first loss in 8/2016 and I’m now 44.   I just don’t think it’s going to happen for us.  And yes mucinex will do that.  It has the same ingredient that pre seed has which I usually use but didn’t bc of mucinex.  Hopefully my temps rise again tomorrow and I can say I Od.