Group 1 Check In (DD 12/1-12/8) W/O 4/29

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby when you have some free time?

Re: Group 1 Check In (DD 12/1-12/8) W/O 4/29

• Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days:  12/5 8w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out 

Upcoming Appointments: 5/9 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): I touched on this in the PGAL thread but very anxious and trying to stay out of my thoughts as much as possible.

Rants/Raves: I’m so tired in the afternoons. I don’t usually nap (mom life) so you’d think I would pass out as soon as my head hits the pillow at night. Nope! Wide awake!

Questions: Have you started sharing your pregnancy with other kids, parents, siblings, etc?

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby when you have some free time? Cooking probably doesn’t count, someone has to do it, but I love to cook and I’m also a huge crafter. I have a Cricut and I’m always making shirts or seasonal signs with it. 
  • Options
    Thanks for starting this @k_mama91 , I almost started a duplicate thread!

Due Date / Weeks + Days:  12/7 8W4D

FTM/STM/TTM+:  STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: We will find out at the 20 week anatomy scan (so by end of July) and DH is hoping for a Boy, but we ultimately just want a take-home baby.

Upcoming Appointments: May 28 for 12 week scan and appointment

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Nauseous, and the only thing that helps is eating constantly. Tired by mid day, but can't get comfy to sleep at night.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: STM+, did you get a new snoogle/pregnancy body pillow each pregnancy? I'm finding that my snoogle is not as supportive as it was, and wondering if it is time for a new one. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby when you have some free time? Crafting (sewing, scrapbooking, etc). I have an area in our basement set up for it, but just never find the time or energy. But my pinterest boards have plenty of inspiration.
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @k_mama91 we have only told parents and siblings for now. We'll tell other friends and family as we see them, since I'm sure i'll be showing before long. We have a weekend get together at the family cottage over Memorial Day weekend, so a lot of family and friends will find out then.
    MC January 2016

• Options
    k_mama91k_mama91 member
    edited May 2019
    @Megz1902 too funny, I literally just made it! I haven’t invested in a snoogle yet, DS is going on 9 so my pillow from him is long gone. I’d say buy a new one, if it’s lacking now I’m sure it’ll just get worse.
    ETA: we’ve shared with parents, siblings, extended family, and DS. Now I’m wishing we had waited a bit longer like I had initially planned. 
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days:  12-3/9w1d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out, probably week 20ish

Upcoming Appointments: US next Wednesday and appointment! I don't expect the due date to change much (we're very certain about the conception date) but I'm really hoping everything looks good. If it does we might start telling a few friends. So far only parents/siblings really know.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): so nauseous. Soooo. Nauseous. Eating does seem to help as long as it isn't sugar. Anything with much sugar makes me so sick, even though it tastes good 😭

Rants/Raves: rant: Weirdly, my office was willing to give me Zofran this time around. Last time they'd only do promethazine unless you were over 10 weeks due to lack of data on potential for fetal harm/ possible cleft palate or cardiac issues. Unfortunately, the 2 Zofran I've tried don't seem to be helping as much as my leftover 2-yr-old promethazine. I might have to call my office tomorrow to see if they'll give me a new script for that instead. Side note: Bonjesta is worthless imho. Tried a sample from my OB, threw up next am. Plain doxylamine seems to work better and WAY cheaper. Ugh. So over this nausea. Rave:  DH took the day off work since I was off today and we went to see Avengers: Endgame in IMAX. Amazing! 

Questions: pregnancy body pillows? I saw gobs of ads last time but never got one. Are they actually worth it? They seemed crazy expensive. @Megz1902 you seem to have experience - thoughts? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby when you have some free time? I like making bath bombs, sewing, quilting, and embroidery. I've had a lot of other hobbies but those are the big ones right now, although I haven't had tons of time lately between work and DS.
  • Options
    @nothingbuttherain I have a hard time sleeping on my side, but the snoogle helps keep me positioned. It was also handy to stay sleeping on my side after my c-section as well. It does make me extra warm though, so i need fewer blankets. I think the snoogle was about $40-50, but that was 3 years ago now, so it may have gone up in price. I might see what else is out there before buying another.
    MC January 2016

• Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/8; 8w 3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: We will be finding out with the 10 week genetic testing (I opted in for that since I'm older at 37)

Upcoming Appointments: I had my 8 week appt & ultrasound today.  I'll go back in 2 weeks for the genetics test, then again in 4 weeks for the 12 wk appt & ultrasound.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc):  Tired, nauseated, and a bit grouchy.  

Rants/Raves:  I'm hoping my food aversions will improve before too long.  All I want to eat are carbs!  I've already gained 4 lbs.  I also had to hide in the bedroom tonight while my husband ate dinner because the smell of his shrimp was making me queasy.

Questions:  Anyone have a favorite maternity bra to recommend?

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby when you have some free time?  I like baking and watching baking shows, like the Great British Baking Show. 
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/1   8w3d   

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team finding out- I ordered the sneak peek test because we can’t even wait until 20 weeks lol 🙈

Upcoming Appointments: 5/24

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): I’ve had a cold or allergies so I’ve not noticed pregnancy symptoms much. I stayed home yesterday and slept all day, it was glorious!

Rants/Raves: We are getting a ton of rain and our sump pump failed so hopefully insurance will cover all the damage to our basement. And, hopefully the baby stuff we have down there isn’t ruined.

Questions: For any STM+ we are planning on potty training our daughter (2.5) this summer before the baby comes. Any tips on how to help her embrace it and not want to revert back to diapers when baby is here? We stopped the binkie this fall so I’m not worried about that.

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby when you have some free time?
    I like to make cards- I do a card swap with some women at my company. We’ll do a theme and then swap so we have a ton for the theme but all different kinds. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @k_mama91 thinking of you ❤️ I’ve not read the PGAL thread but saw your post in the ultrasound thread. (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    cpk3535cpk3535 member
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/4 & 9W0D

FTM/STM/TTM+:  STM, daughter will be 9 when baby arrives 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out!  I’ve gotta know what of my old girl stuff can be salvaged 😊

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday 5/8 to discuss blood work samples and get another ultrasound.  I had a quick phone appointment today to discuss whether I was a high risk pregnancy or not due to my epilepsy meds, and it was determined that we should watch my meditation levels, but otherwise, I should be pretty safe.  Good thing!!

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc):  Still lots of morning sickness and very bloated even though I’m not eating much food.  Digestion has not been fun lately.  Sometimes getting headaches.  Cravings have been pretty plain stuff like if I were sick with a stomach flu.  Green tea has been kind of nice lately...

Rants/Raves:  This time before you look genuinely pregnant is kind of a pain.  A lot of people around you (even the few who know) don’t acknowledge that you feel like crap and kind of expect you to just go on in your normal routine.  It sucks!  Cut a girl some slack!

Questions:  I’m still looking for a softer pull-on style bra but I can’t find anything that fits that well.  I’m not even that full-chested!  I just want something soft that will stretch and grow with me and possibly work as a nursing bra when I’m to that point.  Any suggestions?

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby when you have some free time?  I love to sing and play piano when I have time.  I also love yoga and meditation, but I guess that’s more of my fitness regimen.  I also love to cook ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    k_mama91k_mama91 member
    edited May 2019
    @sunshineandlemons @cpk3535 thank you all I’m slowly starting to feel better, telling DS last night was tough though ( @cpk3535 didn’t want to clutter the US thread) 

as for the bras, I am super flat chested- 36A 😑 so I opted for some Victoria’s Secret sports bras for now. They’re soft and stretchy and support what little chest I have for now.
  • Options
    cpk3535cpk3535 member
    @k_mama91 thanks for the advice!  I’ll check those out 👍. I’m usually around the same size as you, somewhere between an A and B cup, but right now courtesy of pregnancy I’m a but fuller. 

Another question for you all- I’m a little older mama with some high risk pregnancy issues, so I’m going to be tested for NIPTs screening next week (showing DNA risk of abnormalities for the baby).  Anybody else doing this?  We don’t care about being surprised by the sex, so I plan to find that out, too.  
  • Options
    @cpk3535 Since we lost one of the twins and we’re told it was most likely a chromosomal issue we’ve decided to decline the screening. It may pick up dna from that baby and provide inconclusive results and I would be even more of a wreck than I am now.
  • Options
    @cpk3535 We will do a test for chromosomal issues but it won’t tell us the sex. The one that does (and I think tests more things) isn’t covered by our insurance.  We are testing because knowing issues will help me find appropriate child care for the baby, if needed. 
  • Options
    cpk3535cpk3535 member
    @k_mama91 I totally understand why you would choose not to.  You need to keep your sanity and not read into the tests anything that isn’t really there.  

@sunshineandlemons I’m in the same boat as you.  I’m not exactly sure which test is covered by our insurance, so I guess we’ll find out that part soon.  I’m more wanting to find out for the sake of changing our lives in order to care for this baby.  Things are already going to change for us (job and living situation-wise) but this might be even more of a game changer for our family.  
  • Options
    sjb2215sjb2215 member
    Hey ladies! Missed the last weekly check-in, but going to try to start posting more regularly
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/3, 9w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM (DS is 15mo)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team unsure yet lol. We didn't find out with DS, I would like to find out with this LO, DH wants to stay team green

Upcoming Appointments: First appointment was yesterday afternoon! Did dating US and got to see our LO

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): So so tired, but unfortunately waking up more at night. A little more nauseous, especially if I don't have something to eat every 2 hours.

Rants/Raves: Took DS to a lib music time this morning and then went for a walk with some new mom friends!

Questions: Not at the moment

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby when you have some free time? Love hiking and biking, but a bubble bath, good book and a glass of wine is my fave.

@kmama91 love cricuts! One of my good friends has one and hosts craft nights for us. We have told our parents and siblings and a couple close friends about this pregnancy
    @Megz1902 Didn't read the responses until after I wrote mine and feel like are sx are exactly the same
    @nothingbuttherain have a snoogle over here. Tried using it a couple nights ago and felt like I didn't need it yet. Have been hugging an extra pillow though
    @blueskychicago12, @cpk3535 I got some nursing bras off Amazon last time- I think they were Hofish brand and they were pretty good
    @sunshineandlemons good luck with potty training! We are still trying to figure out if we can potty train DS before this LO arrives- he'll be 22 mos and don't want to push it if he's not ready
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/8, 9w1d 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM - 6 year old and 2.5 year old boys

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Unsure at this time. We found out with the last two, so I'd guess we'll do the same. 

Upcoming Appointments: My 1st appointment is scheduled for 5/14.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Tired and nausea.   I'm learning that I can't have milk in the mornings or it increases the nausea. 

Rants/Raves: I can smell so many things which is throwing me off because then I feel like I can taste whatever it is am smelling.  My parents were visiting this weekend (we hadn't shared that we're expecting yet) and went out to dinner at a new Italian place, I felt like my food tasted weird because I could smell something different that was effecting my taste.   Kudos to my husband who said, "you were interested in a few different meals, would you like to trade so we can try each others too?"  So we traded meals since his didn't have the smell to it. 

Questions: None at this time. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby when you have some free time?   I like to draw and paint, but my 2.5 year old would want to help.   So most of my "free time" is spent on a walk, reading, or watching netflix. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days:  9wks 1 day

FTM/STM/TTM+: this is our 3rd

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: will find out! 

Upcoming Appointments: June 10 is my next appt where we'll discuss tests (as I'll be ama when this baby is born)

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): nausea is awful (never had this before); tired; crazy dreams; craving sweets and Jimmy Johns!

Rants/Raves: I just want a COLD Jimmy John sandwich!!!!

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby when you have some free time? Free time?! What's that!!!

• Options
    srab606srab606 member
    Due date 12/7 currently 9w2d

FTM- will be 35!

We will be finding out- blood test screening should give us the answer by the end of the month! We both think it's a boy,  but who knows?

Upcoming: US 5/16, NTUS 5/23

Feeling nauseous and exhausted. But excited!!

Rant: Trying not to tell people especially at work (I'm a teacher) so it doesn't affect my placement for next year. But it's so hard, I'm usually a sharer.

Questions:

GTKY: I enjoy cooking, gardening, reading, and sleeping!! (They all only get done in the summer!)

• Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days:  12/7 9w3d

FTM- 35 at due date

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out - DYING to know

Upcoming Appointments: 5/14 obgyn, 5/29 NIPT

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): ALL my symptoms went away before week 7, but now I have reflux on the reg and my torso overall feels weak/fatigued- only way I can describe it. Had an embarrassing choking episode over the weekend too!

Rants/Raves: I’m a little bummed I can’t get the NIPT until week 12 as I’ve heard sometimes the results don’t come for weeks, and by then I could have other tests done. My local offices are really basic and seem to be overbooked a lot. My first obgyn appointment is also a day she is on call so it might be cancelled and that’s the soonest they can get me in (10 weeks)- is this normal for everyone else?

Questions: Have you started sharing your pregnancy with other kids, parents, siblings, etc? Shared with parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles and siblings

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby when you have some free time? Jewelry making (I silversmith a bit) and gardening
  • Options
    knottiee5780c47f60b305f  When I was referred to my new OBGYN the nurse said 10 weeks is the earliest our clinics will see someone.   So my first appointment will be 10 weeks, 2 days.    I was looking back at my second pregnancy and it was also around 10 weeks along. But, with my first I remember going in around 8 or 9 weeks to meet with a nurse (maybe a nurse practitioner... it's been a while), because I went in before I ended up having an emergency appendectomy at 11 weeks and already had the "if you have these issues" call number.   
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker