November 2019 Moms
Options

May Randoms

It's May.. Hooray! 

I figured we might want to move to a monthly chat thread. 

Re: May Randoms

• Options
    cl4157cl4157 member
    Had such a good, symptom free couple of days. Went to a baseball game last night and ate a cheeseburger (idk why... couldn’t tell you the last time i ate red meat #blamebaby of course)
    anyway. Feeling horrible today and really looking forward to today being over!!

anyone have anything super fun planned? We have a girls trip next week that I am SO PUMPED for. Looking forward to feeling well, being with friends who know about the babe, and most importantly, a couple of days off work!!!
  • Options
    A girls trip sounds so great, as does a few days off! @cl4157

I don't have too much planned this next month. I have to go to a family baptism on Sunday, and the party was supposed to be outside, but it's looking like rain right now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cl4157 your trip sounds like a good time!  That’ll be nice to have a few days off.  I don’t have anything planned this month, but hoping the weather starts to turn around soon so we can start going to the beach, or at least get outside more.  It’s been rainy in Boston most of this month, and feels like we’ve been outside less in April than we were in the winter months!

It dawned on me this morning that November babies will all turn 6 months next May 🤗. Springtime with babies is the best, I can’t wait!
  • Options
    We are going back to Ohio at the end of the month. My little brother is graduating high school and my dad is retiring so we'll have lots of celebrating to do! It's been over a year since I've been home, so I'm looking forward to it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rogro118 said:
    @cl4157 your trip sounds like a good time!  That’ll be nice to have a few days off.  I don’t have anything planned this month, but hoping the weather starts to turn around soon so we can start going to the beach, or at least get outside more.  It’s been rainy in Boston most of this month, and feels like we’ve been outside less in April than we were in the winter months!

It dawned on me this morning that November babies will all turn 6 months next May 🤗. Springtime with babies is the best, I can’t wait!
    Springtime and nice weather and being outside is awesome - and that's one of the reasons I'm scared for PP with this little one... it will be winter/cold after she's born and I guess we won't be getting out much! I'm seriously planning to mall walk early, there's a route already mapped out in our local mall and the actual building opens up before the stores do. 
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease true!  My son is a end of September baby so we had a nice month before it getting too cold.  I really don’t mind hibernating during those first newborn months though.  A mall walk is a good idea!
  • Options
    After nearly 3 weeks with no vomiting, I broke that record this morning. No nausea prior either, just randomly had the urge to throw up and then I did. I had that happen sporadicly all the way up to 28 weeks last pregnancy 🙄 so yay for that again potentially.
  • Options
    @cl4157 yay for a girls trip! What kind of trip is it- beach? City destination?

@creamcheeseplease I’ve been thinking about maternity leave in the winter as well, sprint would’ve been nice for walks outside but your mall idea is a good one! I’m probably gonna try to hit the YMCA which is like a two minute walk from my house and walk laps on the track while wearing baby. I saw a woman doing it the other day when it was raining out and am totally stealing that idea.

@rogro118 yes! I’m excited that spring will be 6 months old because you can actually bring them along places! I saw a group if parents at a winery the other day and all the women were wearing a baby 😂. I was like yup can’t wait for that! Lol

@gumby22c so much to celebrate! Hope you have fun with family! Sorry to hear about your vomit today  :(

I’m running a half marathon on Sunday that morning sickness, first trimester exhaustion, and two bad colds within the 1st tri really kept me from training properly for so it’ll be interesting, plus it’s supposed to rain. But we made reservations at my favorite breakfast place for after and the race goes almost past my house at mile 9 so could just stop there lol
  • Options
    @kopp5988 good luck in your half! I just did one Saturday and walked most of it. My training took a hit when I had to stop running for my fertility treatments, and I just continued my training mostly walking. I hope the weather shifts and doesnt rain though, that would definitely make it miserable!
  • Options
    @kopp5988 the Y is a good idea too! I wish we had one here. Anywhere you can walk indoors will work. My son will probably only be in daycare part time while I'm on leave so I'm also a bit worried about that. And, good luck on the half!! Just take it easy and start taking walk breaks before you truly feel you need to. I'm going to do a 5k in a couple weeks and I'm already worried about that so I'm impressed with the half for sure.

@gumby22c oh  no, sorry about the sick :(

So I sent a generic email to my employer's benefits center asking about using sick time prior to maternity leave and they sent back a short note that said "sick time and leave are separate." UM I KNOW THIS. I sent a reply again stating this, but haven't heard back. It's been two days. I really hate this company, they are awful with communicating and they know most of us really have no recourse since most of their employees are contracted out to other sites (like me). It's frustrating, and I really hate this job, but I'm not in a place where I can leave it right now. 

• Options
    @emeraldcity1214 that's so exciting!!
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 that's so exciting!! Fingers crossed for you guys to get it!

@creamcheeseplease I don't know how people can comfortably do that I think it's so rude! I think that even if someone is very obviously pregnant I wouldn't say something unless they did first. You just  never know
  • Options
    @ABabyMarshall I would never do this either! As you said even if they are like 8 months pregnant. You really can't assume. She's such a sweet lady but now I just feel a little embarrassed, like everyone is just looking at me and knows even though I didn't say anything to anyone here at work yet. I texted MH that I was upset and he just doesn't get it, he said, but you are pregnant.. I was like, not the point!!!
  • Options
    We need to start a thread about what people say to pregnant women. 😂
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 see! It's never safe 🙈🙈 and yes a thread for what people say to pregnant women would be great
  • Options
    I posted the things people say thread... I've enjoyed reading that thread on other BMBs!
  • Options
    I was lurking on either Oct 2019 or Dec 2019 and they have a pregnancy dreams thread that had me literally laughing out loud. I haven't had anything too bad yet but that might be another fun one to have 😆
  • Options
    @ABabyMarshall You should start that thread!
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease I’ve had that happen twice to me before-Both when I was not pregnant 🙄 The first was when I was about 20, at the bank wearing a jean mini skirt and a baby doll style tank and the teller asked me when my “special day was.”  She looked mortified when I gave her a strange look and said my birthday wasn’t until March.  She then had the nerve to clarify, “no, when is your baby due?”  My boyfriend, now husband, was at the next teller and started dying laughing.  I never wore that shirt again!

The second was even more surprising, I was 4 weeks post-partum with my son, pushing him in his stroller at Marshall’s and the cashier asked me when I was due, what a self-esteem booster that was-haha!  I don’t know what goes through people’s heads thinking that it’s ok to ask that to random strangers that aren’t in active labor in front of them 😆

@emeraldcity1214 that house sounds promising!  Very exciting!
  • Options
    I wore a maxi style dress and was helping to set up for a church event. The other lady told me not to lift the chairs because I was pregnant. I was like, "who is pregnant?" I gave her an awful look too that clearly told her she was mistaken. 😡
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    I can't even with people and their comments. A few months ago before I was pregnant, I wore a high-waisted pleated skirt and was really feeling myself thinking I looked cute. And this woman at work was like "oh my god, are you pregnant?" I was so taken aback like wtf is wrong with you to say that??
  • Options
    I finally finished Call the Midwife and I'm moving on to Strnager Things. Hopefully I'm done bawling my eyes out! 
  • Options
    cl4157cl4157 member
    @kopp5988 I know this sounds extravagant but this friend does everything for everyone so a handful of us are going to Costa Rica for her 30th! She’s single and super low maintenance- we are all so happy to do this trip with her! 
    Whoa to the half marathon. I’m so impressed. Good luck and fast times to you!!!!

@emeraldcity1214 wooooo! Congrats on the house. Fingers crossed everything goes well!!!!! 
  • Options
    cl4157cl4157 member
    @ABabyMarshall girl. I got down in a rabbit hole on the oct board the other day. I was elbow deep in some of those threads. I couldn’t help but think that some of them must be a very fun group! We should form a super group. 
  • Options
    ABabyMarshallABabyMarshall member
    edited May 2019
    @cl4157 yes!! I love checking out the boards ahead and behind us and they do seem fun. Sometimes I want to add something but I know I'll look like a creep 😂

I also have been looking at just the birth announcement threads and I'm embarrassed to say how far back I've gone. I think I've read hundreds and hundreds of birth stories. I can't get enough!! Send help lol

@emeraldcity1214 so happy for you!! That must be a load off your mind
  • Options
    I'm blaming my constant hunger and exhaustion on the baby. Supposedly it's going through a growth spurt right now (according to my app 😂). I'm cooking pizza for dinner. Yum! 
  • Options
    @gumby22c and @creamcheeseplease thanks! I definitely plan to take it slow and walk through all the water stops

@emeraldcity1214 so glad the house worked out!! It sounds perfect!
  • Options
    Hooray, glad you got the house @emeraldcity1214

Ugh, this morning has already been a pill.. my son woke up early and then was a total bear and we had a tough daycare drop-off. Now I have back to back meetings plus a 2 hour meeting this afternoon, which I completely forgot about or I would absolutely take a half day and leave work early. I have no clue what to make for dinner, either. 
  • Options
    I pulled out my pregnancy pillow last night and wow I am so glad I did! I told it “I missed you old friend” 😂😂
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 Yay for getting the house!!
  • Options
    @ameliabird811 what pillow do you have? I had a snoogle last time, but threw it out because my geriatric dog peed on it. I am on the fence about getting a new one especially since this will likely be my last pregnancy. 

Also the January BMB is up!

• Options
    So there was/is no January BMB waiting room in first tri and no one on the January board yet. That is so weird to me. Where are all the BFPs? 
  • Options
    Usually the BMB goes up and the posts start rolling in pretty quick, so I'm a little surprised as well. 
  • Options
    I think Megan Markle broke the Internet...my mobile app has been wonky today and I haven't been able to post. Maybe the January crew had the same issue. 

Also, I told my boss today. Whew, glad to have that step done.
  • Options
    ChelK3ChelK3 member
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around much! I'm trying, I really am. Anyone else still throwing up every day? I'm 12+3 weeks and just finished my first morning throw up sesh. 😫 This is my third pregnancy and I never threw up a single time with either of my other pregnancies. They were both boys, so maybe that means this one will be a girl? 
    Also, I'm super nervous to tell work I'm pregnant! I just got forklift certified last week and I'm afraid if I tell them they won't let me drive anymore. When I'm not driving the forklift I'm cashiering and I hate it so much. Driving is what keeps me sane at work, please don't take it away from me! 
  • Options
    @ChelK3 I'm 12w5d and still throwing up. I know the old wives tale is that morning sickness means girl but I was definitely sicker with my boy last time. With my girl I was sick from 6-13w and with my boy until 32w :/ I'm hoping this one is more like my first pregnancy.