Pregnant after IF
Options

Third trimester check in for week of April 29th

bkatpbkatp member
edited May 2019 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!                                                                                   

• How far along / EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling this week? 
  • Upcoming appointments? 
  • Questions?
  • GTKY: who are you expecting the baby to take after in features ? And will you be happy if it is not you ? 

If you're just joining us please post a: 

Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
How many babies you are pregnant with
If you know the gender(s)
How you have been feeling going into 3rd trimester.

Please let us know if you need to be added to the list

❤ Mama's to be ❤ 

@mrsyng 5/29 BOY!

@bkatp 5/31 BOY!

northbeach3  6/5 GIRL!

@momifbysea 6/9 BOY!

@Griffin5413 6/21 GIRL!

@babydust2507 7/12 BOY!

@blackhottamales 7/18 Team Green

@ndz2018 7/25 BOY!

Re: Third trimester check in for week of April 29th

• Options
    • How far along / EDD? 29W3D
    • How is everyone feeling this week? ok, I guess... still struggling with my sleep
    • Upcoming appointments? tomorrow!
    • Questions? I will probably have some tomorrow, LOL
    • GTKY: who are you expecting the baby to take after in features ? And will you be happy if it is not you ? I hope it will take my husband's family features, my MIL eyes, and they have nice hair too so he better take their hair! LOL, skin complexion and the rest I don't really care, but I will not be mad if he takes all my features. I know he will be our perfect baby!  
  • Options
    bkatpbkatp member
    • How far along / EDD? 35 + 3 
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Good 
    • Upcoming appointments? Wed Growth scan, NST & Ob Gyn
    • Questions? Nothing right now 
    • GTKY: who are you expecting the baby to take after in features ? And will you be happy if it is not you ? I am expecting to look like My husband. I’ll not be disappointed if he gets anyone’s features expect one(😉) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bkatpbkatp member
    @babydust2507 sorry you are still struggling with sleep and good luck with your appointment tomorrow. 

You will u will definitely have one growth scan in last trimester where u can see ur little one again 
  • Options
    hope your appt went well @babydust2507!

excited to hear about your next growth scan @bkatp! hope the LO's belly has gotten nice and plump and that there's nothing to worry about! :)
    • How far along / EDD?  34 + 6, June 5
    • How is everyone feeling this week? okay, the 3rd tri symptoms are officially uncomfortable. consistent foot swelling and finger swelling and joint pain in my hands and forearms. trying to drink as much water as possible and have planned a massage for tomorrow.  
    • Upcoming appointments? OB next week with GBS test
    • Questions? i'm getting ansy about going into labor.  what were some of your early warning signs if you were going into labor. Did you lose your mucus plug? how soon after that did you start experiencing contractions?  
    • GTKY: who are you expecting the baby to take after in features ? And will you be happy if it is not you? i'm latina and my husband is white. i presume all of my traits are mostly dominant, so I'm assuming baby will have a darker skin complexion and darker hair/eyes. but his brother just had a baby girl and the baby looks just like the brother... so maybe LO will have all the facial features of my DH.  it's hard to say! 
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Options
    @northbeach3 - with my son I had contractions for a few days. Nothing huge but definitely that. In my Monday appointment I was 2 cm dilated and then on Tuesday I lost my mucus plug. My water broke that night at 11:45. But I never went into full labor without pitocin. Once my water broke, they weren't going to allow me to go longer than 24 hours or so without giving birth. Prior to those appointments though the week or so before, I felt GREAT. I had more energy, I was so productive at work.

• How far along / EDD? 32w4d , c-section 6/17
    • How is everyone feeling this week? I had a 24 hour bug on Friday and I can't tell you how awful it was! now I'm just in full on allergies which is just great. lol. other than that I feel pretty good though. 
    • Upcoming appointments?  just had a growth scan and ob appointment yesterday. Everything is looking good. placenta still looks great, good amount of amniotic fluid and she's measuring just about 6 days ahead. 
    • Questions? my ob is soooo lax about when she comes. I was asking her yesterday about the liklihood of going into labor early since my son was 3 weeks and her only answer was most babies come after their due date. I feel like almost every person I know who went through IVF has gone into labor early so I'm really not sure I buy that statistic.I'm just nervous about going into labor in the middle of the night before my MIL moves to town b/c what do I do with my toddler at that point. We have some good friends who live her who Eli loves so I'm pretty sure they would be absolutely fine taking him but you always worry.
    • GTKY: who are you expecting the baby to take after in features ? And will you be happy if it is not you ? Based on the ultrasound yesterday, I think she is going to look a lot like my son. It's still a little early to tell but I know my husband is going to be sad if both of our kids look more like me than him. lol but my response is that I kind of did all of the work to grow them and get pregnant so it's only fair. I'm good either way though. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @bkatp good luck tomorrow with your scan.. can’t wait for an update. 
    • How far along / EDD? 35w 6d
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Much better compared to the last 2 wks, remember when I had a cold and it appeared I was getting better? After a  day or two it turn into a sinus infection, I have about another 2 days of antibiotic but yes definitely feeling better. Minus 3rd tri sxs of excessive acid reflux and sob as baby is now pushing against my diaphragm and ribs. He so needs to drop! :) sleep is becoming less comfortable too. 
    • Upcoming appointments? Tomorrow for growth scan and GBS with ob then every week until baby arrives!
    • Questions? Not sure if I’m completely ready for labor but it has to happen. I’m more nervous about a being induced and then having a c-section which I really hope won’t happen but only time will tell and hopefully we’ll get some good measurements on baby tomorrow. 
    • GTKY: who are you expecting the baby to take after in features ? And will you be happy if it is not you ? Hopefully, he will have mh facial features and thick hair but if not like me is fine too! As long as he’s healthy. 
  • Options
    babydust2507babydust2507 member
    edited April 2019
    @bkatp I will definitely ask at my next appt i guess if I'm gonna have a growth scan, and GL for your scan, keep us posted! 
    @Griffin5413 what a pretty baby! and I understand your concern but everything will workout fine. My SIL was in the same situation as you and I was the one to stay with my nice while she was in labor and I failed her! it happened in the middle of the night and I didn't see her call. My brother was out of town. poor lady had to drive to the hospital by her self with my 5 yrs old niece at the time, so my niece stayed with her until I finally made it to the hospital. I am not trying to scare you or stress you with that thought but just to say even if it doesn't go the way you planned it to be, everything will still be ok 
    @mrsyng i feeling nauseous again and bad acid reflux, and baby's kicks getting more uncomfortable too, I'm guessing he's turning too 
    @northbeach3 my swelling are getting worse too and i'm really achy too. My ankles and toes are all fat! it's so ugly! ugh! can't wait to be done with it! how much water do you drink/day?

My appt went well, BP is still fine, I'm measuring 30 ", urine test is normal and I finally gained 4lbs, so I guess baby is growing ok. Ok, so I have a question, my OB asked me again if i started having contractions, and my answer was no, but now I'm not sure if I just don't know how contractions feels like or if I don't have contractions is that a bad thing? or does it mean anything as far as EDD, like baby will pass his due date?

My busy week at work starts tomorrow, so you probably won't hear from me much, but hope to see some good updates from you all when I check in! 
  • Options
    @mrsyng - I was reading that in 3rd tri we see more acid reflux b/c of that exact reason. With baby resting on diaphragm, that flap for reflux becomes more lax so we experience it more. My ultrasound tech yesterday was saying that there was some research suggesting that progesterone can contribute to acid reflux. We were talking about how with all of the progesterone we have to take with IVF in the 1st trimester maybe that's why we experience so much of it. It would make so much sense!

@babydust2507 - I've noticed that braxton hicks feel a lot more like a tightening in my stomach. It's not necessarily painful just my whole uterus tightening. Actual contractions (from what I remember with my son) are more painful but also I felt a lot more pressure on my cervix & vagina. Was your OB concerned with you going into labor early? Seems like a strange question for her to ask out of the blue. I would think at 29 weeks she wouldn't want you to be having any contractions. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Griffin5413 thank you for the description, I'll pay closer attention. No she is not concerned about me having the baby early, she is not even thinking of another u/s, she said i was doing great. i guess I meant the braxton hicks contractions, and I guess she wants to make sure that i'm not experiencing any unexpected stuff, she would usually ask also for leaks or bleeding. does everyone need to have braxton hicks at the stage?
  • Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm in the 3rd trimester now--i think i know most of you from 2nd tri but quick summary: EDD 7/18, 1 baby, team green (but i think a girl) and I can't believe i'm in the 3rd trimester-time has gone much faster than I anticipated.  
    • How far along / EDD? July 18th // 28+5
    • How is everyone feeling this week? I'm feeling fine--big, but feeling pretty lucky right now based on knowing things could be much worse.  
    • Upcoming appointments? nothing this week, had a good checkin last week with my OB.  She did introduce Kick counts--but i'm trying to not over analyze it since i don't feel as much movement.  I just try to see if i feel the LO at least once a day.  
    • Questions? nope
    • GTKY: who are you expecting the baby to take after in features ? And will you be happy if it is not you ? I really don't have many opinions about it--but I do hope the LO has MH's eyes and i like my nose.  
  • Options
    @babydust2507 - That makes sense. I think it's different for everyone. I feel like I'm having braxton hicks way more with this pregnancy than the last. You may start feeling them more in the next few weeks though. 
    @Momifbysea - I'm glad you didn't have to deliver yesterday and that everything looked good. Can't believe how close you are though! 
    @blackhottamales - welcome to 3rd trimester!

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    oh my gosh @Momifbysea, what a roller coaster! i'm glad the babe gets to cook a little longer. you still sound like you've got a positive attitude, so keep it up!

@Griffin5413 awww what a cutie! look at those lips! i'm super jealous of your 3D face pic! my LO is always covering her face when we go in for scans, so we don't have any good shots. hoping we can get one at 37 weeks!

@babydust2507 i don't think i've felt any BH contractions either. i can only think of one day where i experienced some minor cramping, but nothing clearly overt. so i'm also curious if i've had them or not.  seems like it'd be a bit more obvious. :)  i actually am not good at keeping track of my water intake, but i refill my water bottle every few hours at work so I assume anywhere from 48 - 72 oz/day.  the only other drink i consume most frequently is iced tea if we're out at a restaurant... but i count that as water too, lol! :)

@mrsyng how'd your appointment go?  are they able to give your GBS results quickly or do you have to wait until your next appointment?

@blackhottamales welcome to 3rd tri!! you're in the home stretch :)  i also asked others about kick counts. it seems like most people are just observant about movement and if something seems off, they'll do a formal kick count.  i already forgot when i started experiencing more movement... prolly around 24w, but it was still just sporadic.  the types of movements have also changed over time. in the beginning it was a little fluttery or popcorn like, and sometimes rolls/waves... as i've gotten further along, i likened them to "little earthquakes"... and even now, it's feeling different again -- more muted, little pops. 

Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• Options
    @blackhottamales welcome to the 3rd trimester! 
    @northbeach3 at drink at least 64oz/day especially when I'm at work, but I don't finish my 3rd refill but the swelling is still the same 😔
    @Momifbysea glad to know that they'll let baby cook more. Fingers crossed and keep the good attitude! 
    @bkatp, good news that your growth scan went well! So I googled it and they said not everyone get the growth scan only when there is some complications or you measure behind so I'm guessing if I asked my OB again she'll say there is no need because everything looks good so far, but I'll ask her again anyway! Lol
    Regarding the Braxton hicks I may have had them then! If they can feel like your belly is tightening, when I feel that I thought it was just the baby stretching or something... and it also feels tight when I walk on the treadmill, so I don't know.... but thank you ladies!
  • Options
    @bkatp - that's great news about your growth scan! I think I was lucky with the full face shot. My ultrasound tech was so quick. That was the first thing she took. By the end of the scan she had moved her arms over her face and you couldn't see anything. We outsmarted her this time! At all of my other scans she hasn't been super cooperative lol. 
    @northbeach3 I usually drink about 80-100 ounces of water a day but living in AZ my ob said I should be drinking a gallon especially when it's hot. 
    @babydust2507 - that's the deceiving part about BH. They don't really feel like actual contractions b/c your whole tummy tightens. plus as the baby gets bigger, anytime she/he rolls around your tummy tightens. lol
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    HELLO LADIES!!! I’m on mobile right now so I will catch up with everyone once I get home.

A little about me. We are due with a baby boy on July 25th.  It seems so surreal that I’m in the final trimester. It honestly snuck up on me.

• How far along / EDD? 28 WEEKS!! July 25th.
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Feeling ok, woke up the last two mornings pretty nauseous nothing that bad, once I got a cup of tea in me it  seemed to subside a bit. Physically usually get tired around 11am at work and then again toward the end of the day but can’t really complain much. 
    • I’m also getting pretty excited as my shower is May 11th! Thankfully majority of the big ticket items are bought( crib, dresser, car seats , etc)! My mother went overboard with this shower and so far the head count is at 75 people! It’s like a wedding with seating charts and everything. She invited over 100 people!!!  Guess your only daughter has your first grandson once so why not. It should be fun! I’m really looking forward to it!  

• Upcoming appointments? Had my glucose test yesterday fingers crossed I pass! I’m a lil nervous about that. I also Have a ultrasound this Friday to check my cervix, growth scan and I guess To see if my stubborn placenta moved at all. If it doesn’t move by 32 weeks we’ll be planning a c-section.
    • Questions?  Some days I don’t feel him move as much as others. Is that normal?? 
    • GTKY: who are you expecting the baby to take after in features ? And will you be happy if it is not you ? HA! I’m hoping this little guy takes after the both of us with my blonde hair and his dads green eyes... however it doesn’t matter to me as long as this little guy comes out healthy. 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 You will start noticing movement patterns. Keep in mind, that rolls, pokes, etc. are all movements and not just kicks. You will notice the more active you are, the less active he will be. When I was pg this last time, he moved as soon as I was still and quiet, usually in the evenings and the middle of the night. Nothing like a midnight kick in the bladder to remind you he's still there. 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 Eek!!! So glad you are finally in your 3rd tri!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! I've been such a slacker catching up here, but hoping everyone's pregnancies are going well! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    Welcome to the 3rd trimester @ndz2018!
    @Griffin5413 I think I had my first BH today! It Started with cramps on my left side then my belly got really tight! But then I don't know... might be from me sitting for too long at work since I'm super busy right and the baby rolling like you said lol! So confusing! Like how do you know for sure it's BH or not? 🙄 and dang girl you drink a lot of water!  And here I am thinking I was drinking a lot but that's nothing compare to you! Good job girl! So you might not have contractions then, since you drink that much!
  • Options
    @ndz2018 - welcome to 3rd trimester! sounds like your shower will be a blast. With that many people you are going to be so spoiled :smile: enjoy every minute of it! Plus its right before mother's day so it's like you are getting to really celebrate your first mothers day!
    @babydust2507 - For me the BH is more a tightening of my entire stomach while her rolling is more on a specific side. I've always been a pretty big water drinker but I have to drink that much when I'm pregnant b/c if I don't I really pay for it. Especially with how sick I've been this pregnancy and how hot it gets here in AZ. 
    @kristimh80 - you are a little preoccupied with a new little angel so it's understandable :smile:

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    bkatpbkatp member
    @ndz2018 welcome to third trimester. 

@kristimh80 good to hear from you. How are you both doing? Enjoy first mother’s day the next weekend. 
  • Options
    bkatpbkatp member
    36 week bump picture 

• Options
    What a cute bump @bkatp! Have you had your maternity pictures yet?
    Thank you @Griffin5413 I guess I had BH before then! Lol next appt, if my OB asks I know what to answer! Lol
    @kristimh80 how's baby girl doing? And how motherhood is treating you? 

• Options
    @bkatp Cute bump!!!

@babydust2507 @bkatp Thanks for asking! Things are going good! 5 weeks in, so things are starting to get a little easier. She's starting to sleep more at night, so it's helped so much for my sanity lol FTM, so still getting use to 'mom life' and what that means :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @kristimh80
    Feel free to bug us with rants and questions :D I remember those first days -- such a big transition! Getting used to mommy life is a definite work in progress for me even now!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    So I’m a bridesmaid for a wedding in October. The bride just decided instead of having us choose our own styles she picked a style. Fine, no problem it’s her day, I’ll make it work. The bride’s sister freaked out and said “I’m not sure how that style will look on a pregnant woman” ummm awkward group text moment “are you pregnant?” 
    “No be we started actively trying”

Now I want to be a better person but I also wanted to say “my husband and I actively tried for 3 years”. I do hope it happens quickly for them as I wish IF on no one. But the ignorance hurt. I think if I can make the dress work when I have to order it 7 months pregnant-she can make it work even if she gets pregnant this month. It’s not tight fitting. And IMO if she’s that’s worried about it, maybe say no to being a bridesmaid. 
  • Options
    @blackhottamales ugh, that is awkward and bit presumptuous, esp. to broadcast to the whole text chain. its definitely frustrating b/c there are many people who don't give their comments a second thought, but it's largely b/c they haven't or don't know someone who's experienced IF... i feel you!

glad to hear your adapting well @kristimh80!  i'm counting down the days!!! my carpal tunnel just keeps getting worse and worse and nothing is reducing the foot swelling, so we'll see what they say at my 37 week scan on the 15th.

• Options
    @blackhottamales - Its incredible how insensitive people can be. 1st off it's not her wedding so if she is committed to being a bridesmaid, she should be committed to making it about what the bride wants. If she can't do that then she shouldn't be a bridesmaid. 2nd even if she just started actively trying, there's no guarantee she will be pregnant by then, plus the most pregnant she would be in maybe 5 months so she really should wait until she is actually pregnant to freak out about it. Maybe as someone who is 7 months pregnant you could point out that a  non-tight fitting dress would actually be perfect for someone who is pregnant. 3rd some people just are ignorant to how their comments affect others especially something like pregnancy. Clearly any of us would never wish IF on someone else but that doesn't mean we have to be ok with other people's insensitive comments. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker