December 2019 Moms
Options

Maternity Wear & Pregnancy Gear Spotlight

13»

Re: Maternity Wear & Pregnancy Gear Spotlight

• Options
    Speaking of babylist, I just got the free sample "Hello Baby" box and it is pretty good! (You do have to pay something like $7 shipping but you then get a $7 credit to their website.)  Some of it was pretty bougie, like a coupon for organic baby food delivery, but there are some nice bottle options, some diapers and wipes, a toy, etc.
  • Options
    @blueskychicago12 Oh man, that reminds me that my babylist box never showed up! Just now looked at the USPS shipping info (from *July 18!!*), says it's still in preshipment... :/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ninrms Oh no!!  Mine probably took about 2 weeks.  Maybe give them a call!
  • Options
    I got some maternity jeans from H&M yesterday! Love them! 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    @blueskychicago12 Turns out they had issues shipping to PO boxes, so they're mailing me a new one free of charge, hooray! Will be a while before I get it, but I'm still happy they're sending another!

**Shout out to Motherhood Maternity, who gives teachers a 10% discount *ON TOP* of all other sale prices. BOGO sale? Already on clearance? No problem, still save another 10%. Thank god!
  • Options
    @ninrms what?!  I didn’t know that!  Good to know...

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    @KTZ17 Yes!! Works online or in person. Online you have to do that "IDMe" (super easy--you just give them info about the school you teach at); in person, just make sure you have your teacher ID.
  • Options
    @McKBaby have you ever tried Old Navy maternity jeans? That’s all I’ve bought so far and I kind of hate them because I constantly have to pull them up. I’m hesitant to buy any other ones though because I don’t want to spend more money on pants that I also hate. So I’m wondering if it’s me, if it’s all maternity jeans, or if the ON ones really just suck. 
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea For me it’s all maternity jeans. Side panel or full belly. Before I got a big bump they were all the same and fit fine but the bigger I get the more they slide down. It’s very annoying. I’ve tried four different brands in the last month and I’m constantly tugging at them all.
  • Options
    I concur; I hate my maternity jeans.  They are from Target and I find them to be uncomfortable and also not cute.
  • Options
    bookworm492bookworm492 member
    edited August 2019
    Have you guys tried the old wear other jeans unzipped with a bella band thingy? That's working for me.  But I've also got my back brace now that as a secondary use helps hold up unzipped pants! I layer it pants- brace- bella band then shirt over that. 
  • Options
    @bookworm492 I mostly wore skinny jeans pre-pregnancy, and it seems I've packed on some pounds in the hips and thighs, so I'd be afraid to try to pull those on these days😆
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea No, I’ve never done OLd Navy for maternity jeans, but I generally don’t love their jeans. I feel like they lose their shape really quickly, and I like to wear my jeans more than once before washing. 

With both of my precious pregnancies I did Gap maternity jeans, which I loved!  But this time around I wanted to spend a little less since this will be my last pregnancy. I also prefer the full panel to the inset panel, and H&M had a better selection. :)

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    I'm not a huge fan of any of the maternity jeans I have (all gifts from friends) - I too find that they slide down now that I'm bigger. I'm also admittedly just not a fan of pants right now and have been mostly wearing maxi skirts/dresses and leggings.
  • Options
    @blueskychicago12 that's totally normal to gain weight there during pregnancy.  Mine is just added fluff on my abdomen on top of baby 🤣 so my old pants fit fine if I hold them up. 
  • Options
    @bookworm492 I wish my regular jeans would still work! I’ve also gained a spare tire around my hips so they won’t  even go past my knees.
  • Options
    I was at aldi today and they're going to have some maternity wear basics in their special buys section starting Wednesday.  Like camisoles and long sleeve t shirt I think. They will also have some infant basics there as well. 

This week they had blackout curtain panels for $10 per panel so we picked up 2 for the baby's room,  hopefully it'll help with sleep. 
  • Options
    One of my favorite finds has been Gap maternity overalls, although they’re kind of unpredictable.  I’ve found two pair of pant length, and one pair of shorts length, all on the clearance rack for pennies on the dollar.  One pair of the pants length fit ginormous, and one fits really pretty flattering.  Other than that, I’ve been rocking my normal looser fitting Gap Fit track pants and maternity leggings with full panel.  My track pants feel good still, but they’re sliding lower and lower everyday...
  • Options
    Ordered a sweater, long sleeve flannel shirt and a pair of jean overalls from Motherhood maternity. The cool thing is I got a free baby bottle in the sample pack they sent! It is super cute and looks very easy to clean. The brand isn't one I've heard of and is called Mam.