Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

#NIAW April 21-27, 2019

edited April 2019 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hello! This week is National Infertility Awareness Week. This is a thread for all of us to share resources, posts we've made to social, or any additional ideas to help to spread awareness.

To open it up, Resolve.org has a variety of resources, including images specific to this year's #NIAW and ideas for how to help spread awareness. Over on the IF board, in 2016, a number of the members there made their own memes, and I thought would be worth linking to ---> https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12672526/memes-for-national-infertility-awareness-week-april-24-30

Feel free to share any additional resources, examples of posts that you have made, or anything else that might help anyone wanting to encourage awareness be able to do so, including creating your own meme!

*NOTE* Please abide by the board rules & TB's rules when posting to this thread.

Re: #NIAW April 21-27, 2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 That just made me tear up in my office. <3<3
  • Options
    @mercury94 I'm stealing that pic! I haven't been able to find one I like but I like the simplicity of yours!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I found that by searching "national infertility awareness week" on Google images!
  • Options
    @inthewoods23
    i feel you. Tw in spoiler. LC mentioned. 

My friend posted about her struggles but she has a 9 month old, 2 year old and 11 year old. She’s been trying to conceive since she was 6 weeks postpartum and she’s being a tad bit roasted because that just seems so crazy to try that soon, she’s even been given fertility meds. I don’t know what her drs thinking doing it this fast. But none of my business. 

• Options
    damnit @dpchickens now I'm crying at work. 

your post from that time is beautiful. I'm so sorry friend. I think come October I'll be ready to share my journey.... 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    chichiphin  Sorry I made you cry at work!  And yes, I post a lot more in October for PG and Infancy Loss awareness...  It also happens that my first loss was in October, so it's a hard month for me anyway, so easier to post all the feels then.

inthewoods23 I completely understand. It's hard to put something out there that is so personal and so emotional.  You post when (and if) you are ready to do so.  Until then, internet strangers that understand will be here for you!!! <3
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - Happy birthday!! That makes sense to share tomorrow but of course don't even think another minute about it if you end up feeling like sharing it will not serve you at this point! It's the kind of thing where whatever you say is the right thing to say and whatever you don't say is right too.
  • Options
    kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited April 2019
    @inthewoods23 happy birthday! I completely understand feeling anxious about sharing that part of yourself. Definitely don’t do it unless you’re ready. I think you would be surprised by the amount of support you’d get though. 

@dpchickens thank you for sharing that ❤️

Edit wasnt finished
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Happy Birthday. You shouldn’t feel bed about choosing not to share. It’s a personal journey and it’s so hard. I know there were times when I just didn’t want to talk to anyone about it at all. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 That's perfect!!  I hope you get the same kind of responses that some of us others have gotten in the past!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @lulu1180 So random but I knew I thought these were familiar! I know this photographer, she’s a mutual friend and we considered her for our wedding! Crazy what a small world this is!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    lulu1180 Someone shared that to my FB board a few weeks ago!  It was pretty amazing in capturing the feels!