July 2019 Moms

Group 3 / Group 4 Check-In (July 17-31) w/o 4/22

New and improved weekly checkin with Group 4! Welcome ladies!!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? 

Re: Group 3 / Group 4 Check-In (July 17-31) w/o 4/22

• Loading the player...
  • New and improved weekly checkin with Group 4! Welcome ladies!!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18/27W4D

Baby is the size of a(n): three-hole punch

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink

Upcoming Appointments: April 30 check-up

How are you feeling?: physically, starting to get more uncomfortable. My wrist wobbled as I tried to push myself up from a nap :( emotionally, see rants/raves...

Rants/Raves:  (long...)
    Rave: I visited my parents' house over for the very last time before they move back home, close to me. (They moved out of state right after I started college--twelve years ago--and have been talking about "moving back someday" before they even made the decision to move. I still can barely process it's actually happening.) For the last twelve years I've spent holiday breaks there, made weekend trips, and have been guilted into visiting them more often despite them rarely coming out to see me. The premise of it being "nice to see my family" has always been overshadowed by the vacuous, "this is just temporary" feeling of the place they moved to, plus all of the other changes in my family that took place right before the move. Which leads me to my rant...
    Rant: I came to the realization this morning that even though the physical location of my parents may be in the past, their behaviors won't be. Them coming back home won't change the toxic behaviors they expressed over the weekend, and even though DH says "We're only going to be dealing with them for a few hours now, not a few days," it will still be there, and I will now be exposed to it more often. For example, over the weekend my dad shared with me a "joke" he made to a gay coworker that was absolutely sexual harassment. I don't want my daughter to grow up with this kind of influence at all, and I'm not convinced that he'll clean up his act for his grandchild's sake--he'll more than likely blame his medication making him unable to control what he says. I know that if I even want the possibility of change, I have to be the one to tell my parents that their behavior is hurtful and unacceptable. For as much progress as I've made over the years, I don't know if I'm ready to have this conversation with them.

Questions: nope

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? My aunt is a piano teacher and she burned me a CD of lullabies that she recorded. That for me hit home the most with how much joy this new baby will bring :) 
  • @blackhottamales Thank you <3 I am bummed that things did not go as planned, but I am hopeful they will work out the way they were supposed to now. It is starting to seem like a major case of divine intervention. 

On the crib mattress, no! You definitely do not need a backup mattress. You just need a few waterproof mattress protectors and fitted sheets. Carter's makes some nice mattress protectors - I prefer quilted because they aren't crinkly. When there's an accident in the middle of the night, you just pull everything off really quick and throw it in the washer, then put the clean set on :) 
  • @mamanbebe so happy to hear you found another midwife practice!! I hope you make some public reviews of the others to help future moms!
  • @blackhottamales I agree, definite no on a back up mattress. I have never heard of anyone having that! We only have two mattress pads and I think three would be helpful!
    @hestia14 love the CD with lullabies, what a sweet gift!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 23 / 26+6 / planned induction at 37 weeks due to ICP

Baby is the size of a(n): bowling pin

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday, regular prenatal appt

How are you feeling?: Overall I am feeling fine! Sleeping has gotten to be pretty uncomfortable and I have awful upper rib pain that I have had with every pregnancy now. It feels like permanent bruises. Also lots of BH. 

Rants/Raves: We had such a nice weekend with lovely weather, I'm sad DH is back to work today! Also, my SIL is being induced on Wednesday... this will be my first niece/nephew and I'm so excited!!!

Questions: Anyone start packing their bag yet or making a list of what they plan to pack? What about freezer meals? With third trimester just about here and the countdown at 10 weeks for me, I'm starting to get antsy about getting things done!

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? With this being our third in three years, we haven't been gifted anything and haven't bought much either. I did buy a new ring sling that I've had my eye on that I'm sooo excited about! And some knotted gowns from Lou Lou and Co that are so soft. I'm just so excited to snuggle this babe! 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26+ 0, July 29th

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: GD test this week

How are you feeling?: Exhausted but mainly because of things other than being pregnant!

Rants/Raves:
    Rave: DH got sinus surgery last week to reduce his snoring when LO comes (and help me sleep better to)

Rant: DH got sinus surgery (lol). Aka he’s out of commission (they also took out his tonsils) and DD got strep throat the day of the surgery...so despite having a 3 day weekend, I’m more exhausted than I’ve been since the end of 1st tri!

Questions: Did anyone else’s OB/midwife test them for CMV and then freak them out about taking care of their toddlers when sick? I understand it is serious, just hadn’t really heard about this before...

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? I got one pair of pyjamas that has a little dog walking by the Eiffel Tower a long time before LO was conceived from a fancy kids store that I never buy anything in because I think it’s silly to spend so much money on clothes! Other than that, I haven’t bought nearly anything....seriously considering ordering the newest Ergo model after some of the discussions on this board though :)
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 24 26w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale?? 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: April 30, 28wk appointment

How are you feeling?: Big, I'm up 26lbs so far. My lower back is hurting, but I did a lot of cleaning this morning and moving things around getting the house organized to have the carpet repair people come. 

Rants/Raves:  
    Rave: Making progress around the house getting things done before she shows up! Got the closet organizer installed in the nursery, can lights put in that room as well. Carpets are being re-stretched today, so all I need to do is pick a paint color and buy furniture. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? LOL Right now just having the can lights and dimmer switch makes me excited that her room is coming along, its taking a lot of stress away. I don't get super excited about much, so its just nice to relieve the stress. 
  • @mamanbebe Sounds painful! I just have hip pain deep down in there when I sleep, takes about half a day to go away. 

@blackhottamales I'm only doing one mattress and put extra covers on my registry. Who has room to store an extra mattress LOL! 

@hestia14 I'm sorry you have to deal with all that crap with your parents. So frustrating. I feel like sometimes my dad says shit that is so inappropriate I just look at him like where did this come from. I think as he has gotten older he is changing. I blame FB for most of it, he reposts so much shit that I'm like WHO ARE YOU!? 

@ccmama3 I haven't packed a bag, or really thought about what should go in the bag! I guess as we get closer I really should.. 

@frenchbaby18 no, I had to google what CMV was! I hate when they freak you out for no reason! 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 27th, 26w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): bowling pin

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: GD testing and check up in two weeks

How are you feeling?: Other than some annoying heartburn today pretty good

Rants/Raves:  Rant: I am too tired to stay up to watch game of thrones on Sunday that we watch it Monday night, but have to stay off any social media during the day because people post all kinds of spoilers haha

Questions: 

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? We just got a baby carrier that is built more for hiking over the weekend. I know we won't be able to use it for a while, but makes me excited just to get baby out into nature since we love doing those kinds of things so much.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 20 / 27+2

Baby is the size of a(n): fennec fox 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): baby girl!

Upcoming Appointments: last monthly ob in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: good. Tired myself right out this weekend with visiting and packing up books from bookcases.

Rants/Raves:  GOT spoilers, c’mon people!

Questions: 

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? We haven’t bought anything or gotten any gifts from our registry’s yet, but my cousin gave us his infant bucket seat this weekend. It wS somewhat surreal seeing it in the backseat (haphazardly thrown in haha)
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21 | 27w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): head of romaine lettuce

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: Apr 30, start of every 2 week appts

How are you feeling?: good overall, uncomfortable by end of day. find myself needing a nap to get through the day. i found out at my last midwife appt i have low iron, so i just got on some iron pills. hopefully that will help with my fatigue. 

Rants/Raves:  
    Rave: things are coming together slowly ... we got some extra shelving for the baby's closet and put those up today. have someone coming tomorrow to quote painting the room. also bought the stroller this past weekend.  :)

Questions: none.

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? i would say the stroller. after putting it together and seeing it sitting there gets me excited to be able to take our little babe for walks; especially now that the weather is consistently warmer!

@mamanbebe, im so glad that you trusted your gut and found a midwife that will hopefully better serve your needs. 

@blackhottamales definitely don't need a whole extra mattress. like most have said, just register or grab a couple of extra waterproof mattress covers and sheets. i saw a tip somewhere - basically you layer the mattress pad and sheet a couple times, so if your LO makes a mess in the middle of the night you can strip the sheet and pad, and reveal a clean one underneath so you're not changing sheets in the middle of the night. i intend on trying this, seems to make sense :)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  26 + 4

Baby is the size of a(n): Butternut Squash

Upcoming Appointments: 5/2 GD test, Rhogam shot, breast pump prescription

How are you feeling?: I feel pretty good. I’m tired but very good.

Rants/Raves:
    Raves: every time my baby moves, I feel more connected to him even though it’s starting to get more real and scary, I just am elated to hold him finally.
    Rants: I wish my sister wanted to hear more about the baby. It’s pretty much the only interesting thing about me.

Questions: None ATM.

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? A lamb attached to a pacifier from my old boss and long time friend a few months ago. It was just at a time when I was still scared to be excited so other people being excited with and for me helped.
  • @frenchbaby18 I haven’t but I hate when people mke you anxious. I’m sorry you’re going through it. 

@mamanbebe I ended up deciding to stay my whole pregnancy in a city far from most family because I need to keep the provider I’m attached to. There is something to be said about quality of care. My OB lets me hear his heartbeat every appointment, has cried for me when a I couldn’t cry at disappointment and helped me achieve this pregnancy. I’m so glad that you have your naturopath as well. Caring providers should be the standard not the where’s Waldo. 

@hestia14 I get where you’re coming from too. My dad’s a pastor and my parents are not hateful of gays but just so unnacepting if that makes sense? I’ve been telling them for months that no matter who my son grows up to be they can either support him or be dead to me. I try to soften their stance and I refuse to set foot in my dad’s church because of some of the people’s views on ‘discipline.’ I was fostering a little boy who had abuse in his past and one old lady stood up there and said- and a I quote directly- “If your kid is popping off at the mouth and there’s an ash tray by you, it don’t mean that ash tray has to stay there.” End quote. My dad didn’t see a problem with it. That wasn’t all they said but enough was said that even after I politely asked them to stop and they didn’t, I told him I refuse to go back. I’ve set hard boundaries and they know it. That’s all we can do. Expecting them to change isn’t helpful but giving them a code of conduct on how they will treat us and our babies is perfectly acceptable. 

@blackhottamales I’m a ftm too but your comment reminded me to add mattress covers and extra crib sheets to my registry so thanks! (Definitely not buying an extra mattress. If the one I have doesn’t work out we’ll cross that bridge later).
  • @mixitupmel Yes! I just read that tip on amazon last night and told MH.  I think it's a great idea to layer the mattress pads and sheets.  
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    27+5

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Lettuce

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):
    Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    GD test today, just waiting for a blood draw

How are you feeling?: 
    Tired 

Rants/Raves:  
    I fell this past weekend and hurt my ankle. My ob couldn’t set up an X-ray so now I need to schedule an appt with my regular dr to get one but my ankle is still swollen and bruised. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? 
    All the boy clothes! All of our baby gear has been gender neutral so we’re just passing that down. It’s fun seeing new things even though my heart still loves all the girly clothes. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited April 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 27+2 today and I got my wish and schedule my RCS for July 15 (my birthday!) Obviously it's up to 'Petrie' if they want to wait that long, but I hope it works out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Cabbage

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): GREEN

Upcoming Appointments: No appt until the middle of May - I think this is the last 4 week stretch though

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling pretty good! I walked the 'big loop' in our neighborhood with a friend last night and didn't die (but almost!). I need to find a way to do it without having to push a double stroller, because I feel like that is a more reasonable level of effort. 

Rants/Raves:  I am stressed about our hospital stay and what will be going on at home while we're gone. Last time DH's parents were VERY intrusive and showed up without asking a LOT. They have also gotten super weird about not leaving their dog alone (we had an incident with this that I reported on another thread), and the dog will NOT be coming to my home while I am not here. If they can't wrap their head around leaving her for a few hours, then they will have to sacrifice time with their grandchildren. 

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? We've gotten exactly zero gifts this time around.  :D But I'm not complaining! It's our 3rd and we honestly have everything we need (except a box of diapers or two). 

@ccmama3 - I have started my hospital bag! I have already packed all of the clothes that I plan to take for baby, and I will probably start adding things of mine that I won't need between now and then - nursing tanks, grippy socks... I may also buy a few duplicate cosmetics to go ahead and pack. Last time, DH ended up having to finish packing my bag and meet me at the hospital and I totally forgot to mention ANY of my makeup. SIGH. I won't be making that mistake again! 

I had a ring sling for my first but never got around to using it. It turned out to be my FAVORITE carrier for my second, especially in the early days. It's SO EASY!!! 

@blackhottamales - Echo what others have said about no extra mattress. Many crib mattresses are sort of plasticky anyway, so baby's bodily fluids are not likely to 'soak in.' Good advice from @mixitupmel about layering mattress pad/sheet/mattress pad/sheet. That's a life saver! 
  • @nerdtoyourmother that's a good idea to just start gathering the things I know I won't be using between now and then! I'm going to start that in the next week or two. And yesss. I never used ring slings or even did much baby wearing with my first but my second I loved ring slings/baby wearing in general and still wear him all the time even being pregnant! I don't think I'll manage three littles without baby wearing. Yours are also close in age, right?? 
  • @ccmama3 - Currently 3 and 1. I wore #2 so much more, because I couldn’t imagine carrying that infant seat all over creation like I did the first time! And yes, hands free to chase the toddler was a HUGE plus! 
  • @nerdtoyourmother we will be in similar boats then! My oldest will be 3 a couple weeks after this one is born and my middle will be 1.5.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 31st, 26 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): kale

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: GD next week

How are you feeling?: Like my belly is big! It's now getting in the way when I bend over, and I'm searching for good maternity pants because the pants extenders + belly band combo is not cutting it any more.

Rants: not sleeping well, ug.

Raves: So many raves! 1. Thanks for bringing group 4 into the group 3 check ins! 2. We are closing on a house May 15th... feeling relieved that we will be moved before baby comes... feeling excited that I know what our house situation will be and can plan for baby accordingly 3. I won pre-sale access to a huge kid/baby consignment sale! I only ended up with a few couple things, but super stoked that I didn't have to go when it's going to be SUPER crowded this weekend.

Questions: 

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? I bought an ergo carrier, and immediately put out small dog in it to try out, haha! Ps. He liked it! :D
  • @hestia14 & @leylea89 I'm so worried about people in my life being a negative influence on baby too! Ug! I'm all about equality for everyone and accepting that people are all different. I also avoid confrontation, but think I'm going to have to step it up to let people know it is not ok to teach my baby about hate or intolerance! I wish you both the best luck! Be strong!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 17 - 28 weeks today! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Canary Melon

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): PINK! 

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow is my 28-week appointment. Passed my GD test this week. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Though nap time has returned now that we've entered the third tri and I'm not getting very good sleep at night. Otherwise, feeling really great that I can still work out (with lots of modifications) that the heart burn has been relatively manageable (thank you, Mylanta), and that nesting is working out well for me as I continue to make lots of progress around my house on little projects that had been neglected (I'm talking to you bathroom cabinets and drawers!!). 

Rants/Raves:  I gave an update about my rave in the baby showers thread, but I’m just overjoyed that my stepmom is going to host a baby shower for me. It’s going to be an amazing party if she is the hostess. Trust me, our wedding was the greatest party ever. And I hope that my little sister will be able to be there because she will be back from the UK by then. My parents live in rural Georgia so I just didn’t think it was gonna happen. She asked if I wanted her to come out before the baby. And I just brought up the idea of her coming out for a baby shower. And it all just sort of happened. I’m overjoyed. 
    My rant is that people need to not touch me. K, thanks. I’m not a physical touch person unless we are close. And if you try to hard, I push you the F away. I actually love physical touch and it is one of my love languages but I have some serious boundaries. And I really want people to respect that. And especially do not touch my belly. 

Questions: 

We've gotten next to nothing. But I will tell you all a sweet story. My grandmother was just moved from her house to a retirement center. She sent me the most random thing. My dad’s bathtub that she used to bathe him in when he was a baby. It’s basically a boat shaped plastic tub that I probably wouldn’t use as a tub because she’s stored god knows what in it over the last 61 years. Hahah. But it was really funny and sweet to open up. She also included some new baby towels and rubber duckies. 
  • @hakele Your grandmother's gift is the sweetest thing ever! I'm teared up thinking about it.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 27w2d, C-sec schedule for Jul 18

Baby is the size of a(n): Charlotte Royale dessert

Upcoming Appointments: May 1 for glucose

How are you feeling?: Tired AF due to non-stop illnesses in my house, and allergies are kicking my ass this year. I haven't been this itchy/dry/sneezy since moving out here 10 years ago, but pollen is just covering everything and the wind and rain is kicking it up all over the place. Zyrtec is helping some, but I forgot to take it yesterday so I'm still dealing with after affects today. *sniffle*

Rants/Raves: Rant is that I've fallen behind at work with all the germs going around at home. So tired, and considering whether or not I can manage this work/life balance with two, if my small salary is worth the sanity, and I never wanted to be a SAHM, but need to consider it for few years maybe.
    Rave is that DH bought tickets to see Endgame next week (Tuesday is earliest we can get away) and I'm praying it doesn't get spoiled for me! I'm so excited! I've loved most of the Marvel movies up to this point.

Questions: I'm thinking I need a pampering day for myself soon. Other than a massage and maybe getting my nails done, what would you consider a good day of pampering? 

GTKY: What have you bought or been gifted so far that has made you the most excited about your baby's arrival? My MIL/FIL gave us a teeny tiny giraffe at our wedding for our firstborn (DH had a plush giraffe at the hospital when he was born). We took that with us for M. For R, I bought a tiny little Eeyore tsum tsum to take with us to the hospital. It's so CUTE.
  • @ccmama3 I too am panicking about getting everything ready in 12 weeks. I haven't prepped any food for the deep freezer, the crib is still in pieces in the nursery, nothing is prepped in terms of clothes, our go-bag, nothing on the walls, and I don't know when I'm going to find the time. Plan A is to freak out for a little while longer then double down by crying to DH.

@hestia14 I'm sorry that your parents move is disappointing you, I was hoping for better news as I know this is something you were/are struggling with. <3

• @foodislove I would kill for a massage and a pedicure right now! My back and feet have been killing me lately. I'd definitely start the day with brunch at somewhere amazing because breakfast is my favorite, but getting up early is not. Then I would take my coffee to the pedi place with the magazine's I'm behind on reading or a book. After the pedi, I might feel up to doing a little bit of shopping (I long for a leisurely stroll through Target, but have not been up for it). Then lunch somewhere with outdoor seating, massage, and home for a nap! <3 Oh! and I love to cook, so I'd find a recipe I've been wanting to try to make for dinner. Then after dinner its snuggling on the couch with DH.
    I've got a vacation coming up, its to move, but I might have to steal a day for myself now that you've got me thinking about this! Hope your day is as amazing as the one in my head is, haha!
  • @fromcatstokids this day sounds amazing. i want one now lol. i too long for a stroll through target, but i have to cross the border to get there, so it's definitely not a random thing. womp womp.  :'(

• @foodislove yess I'm so overwhelmed with current happenings at home that I literally don't have time to do anything except mentally freak out for a bit long haha! My brother and SIL just gifted my mom and I massages and manis/pedis. I'm soooo excited. I never get to do anything like that! Also on my list is a haircut and wax. If you're doing a whole day I'd enjoy some coffee and breakfast in silence and pick a favorite lunch place. I'd also go leisurely shopping or meet up with a friend! And a long shower and/or bath to end the day.
  • @foodislove I totally agree with everyone, breakfast or coffee in the AM, massage, lunch, I'd even go get myself pizza for dinner! Maybe a movie alone? First time I went to the movies alone I felt so weird, but then I've come to love it.