July 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms w/o 4/22

Re: Randoms w/o 4/22

• Options
    Coming back to work was hard today after such an amazing weekend. I am hoping to get some things done to help the day move quickly. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    9 more weeks to go... 4.5 more weeks of school... I am so ready to be done with both.

Pregnancy Funny
  • Options
    So i just have a couple of random thoughts:
    1. After my baby shower i have now experienced what many of you were talking about in the "inappropriate thread".  So much belly touching and "how are you feeling" questions.  They weren't inappropriate because it was after all my shower and all with people I don't live near by so i understand why--but seriously it was a lot of the same question.  
    2. My MIL is crazy.  We try to keep a friendly relationship with her, but she's so selfish.  We called her yesterday after she left a VM about never hearing from us.  She didn't answer and when she called us back we were at a play so our phones both went to VM.  She left a VM on my phone talking about how she "put in to be baptized" at a new church and then started crying and said "it'd be great if you two could be there".  UM HARD PASS.  First off, this is like the 4th time you'll be baptized in different churches. Secondly, we are not religious.  While i respect her wishes to (if they are genuine) be baptized, it's not something i need to travel 1,000 miles to go see.  Thirdly and most importantly: you just told us you aren't coming to see you first and only grandchild right after they are born.  
  • Options
    On my last BMB, basically EVERYONE had 'THE Target Nightgown.' It was kind of our uniform, and they always showed up on HDBD. Any Target enthusiast knows they have rebranded a lot of their clothes, and this isn't exactly the same as the old one...but I think it is a suitable substitute. It can accommodate a growing belly and is AMAZING post partum. (NOT an affiliate link lol - just a glowing recommendation!)

https://www.target.com/p/women-s-beautifully-soft-nightgown-stars-above-153/-/A-54223389?preselect=54198724#lnk=sametab
  • Options
    Kick counts are stressing me out. I had a very busy day at work and wasn't able to stop and think about it. I know I felt her throughout the day, but didn't track the movements. Now that I'm home, I'm paying attention and have only felt two kicks in 30 minutes. I'm not one who is going to call my Dr during off hours unless I know it's an EMERGENCY. I'm definitely not going to go to the ER 20 miles away unless it's a major emergency. I just hate the stress.  :/
  • Options
    @cindler I would drink some ice cold juice or something and lay down to see if it gets your LO to moving. That usually will do the trick. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nerdtoyourmother Thanks for posting! I'm gonna need some third-tri and postpartum sleepwear. Is it good to nurse in? 

I've been ordering maternity dresses from Amazon because they're cuter and way cheaper than Motherhood. I can't wait to wear this one once the weather gets warm! It's lightweight and bodycon, so my belly really POPS. :) 
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G8KZ7VY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

I also bought this one in plain pink because I wanted a pink dress for my shower. It's a very similar texture and style but a different brand. 
  • Options
    @hestia14 - I always pulled a strap off of one shoulder to breastfeed. Not super modest, but if I'm just at home then I didn't care. 
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    TDap shots are the worst. Went and got mine this morning and when I stopped and sat down for an extended period of time tonight, it started throbbing. I knew the lack of pain earlier was too good to be true.
  • Options
    @key33 - Ugh. I forgot about TDap... It's my 3rd baby in 4 years and you'd think I'd be protected by now!

Another doozy is Rhogam. All you negative blood type ladies out there - hold onto your shorts! Actually you'll have to pull them down because the drinking-straw-sized needle goes in your butt cheek. And you'll get it again after baby is born. It's QUITE unpleasant. 
  • Options
    @key33 I got my tDap this morning, and idk if it was the shot or the blood they had just drawn before for the glucose test, but I got super light headed! I can’t remember that happening in any of my other pregnancies! As soon as she gave me the shot I told her I felt light headed and they grabbed me a snack and some juice and water. I didn’t have to fast for the GTT, so I wasn’t on an empty stomach. My arm is a bit sore tonight, not a fan of the shot this time around! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @cindler I’m sorry it’s stressing you out! I hate the days when I stop and all of a sudden wonder how active baby has been and then worry myself. My dr told me today to try and keep in mind when baby is most active for kick counts. She said it’s common for them to form patterns, and be more active in the morning than at night or vice versa. My LO is super active in the morning and then kind of chills the rest of the day. I know if I try and do a kick count in the afternoon, I probably wouldn’t get the amount of movements I should. She still moves at night, it’s just less, so I make sure I get a kick count in the morning, and then I’m just mindful in the evening to feel the movements, but she just isn’t as active at night. 
  • Options
    @nopegoat I drank a big ol' glass of OJ and that got her moving! Thanks!

@nolemomma14 thanks. LO is most active in the afternoon, but my afternoon was very busy! I remember feeling her, but didn't have the chance to do a count. 
  • Options
    @cindler good!!! I'm so glad she started moving for you!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @cindler glad to hear it! Also, don’t be worried about calling your drs after hours and asking them how they want you to proceed, if she isn’t meeting counts! I called with my first pregnancy, and they advised to have some juice and lay on my left side, and they called back after an hour to see if I had gotten enough kicks. They were super helpful and comforting, and I’m glad I called even though it ended up being fine. 
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    @nerdtoyourmother - It's my 3rd one in 6 years. This will be our last, so I should be good for the full 10 years this time around. I don't have a negative blood type so I didn't even realize that was a thing that happened. That sounds even more unpleasant. 

@nolemama24 - Oh no, I've never gotten light headed from anything. Could of been a combination of so much at once. I'm happy they were able to get you stuff quickly.

After sleeping all night my arm is even more sore this morning. My husband asked ”Is the TDap the one that caused by arm to he sore for a week? Isn't it good for a long time?” Yes, yes it is. But it doesn't do any good when your pregnant if the baby isn't in you when you get it. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    We are moving Monday and I'm just so stressed out trying to pack and get the house we're in now nice for the landlord. Doesn't help my 15 month old cries every single time I put him in the playpen to clean 🤦
    It's really making me crazy because my husband comes home and wonders why didn't I do this or that... Because the endless screaming was too much! Why aren't we millionaires? You were at work all day after all 🙄

I've been worried about kicks too. DS was a soccer star moved every single day all day 17 weeks until 41 weeks! But this little girl seems to be as lazy as me. She moves in the morning and when I go to bed only now. Unless I have a rare coke or something during the day.
    Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• Options
    Anyone's doc not mention kick counts yet? I know what they are, but they haven't even been mentioned. LO is moving regularly, so I'm not super-worried, but...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 mine hasn't yet but they don't tell you to until 28 weeks. I'm 27 weeks...so close enough. They just don't want people worrying because when baby is too small to feel regularly or have anterior placenta I would think. But my doctor told me the most I'll feel baby is 24 weeks because she's big enough to feel and has a lot of room to move around at that point. I remember with my son when he was stuck downward facing (about 39 weeks) all I could feel was his butt squishing against my tummy 😂
    Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 my OB said it's nothing to worry until you hit 28+ weeks, then you can count.

Puffin's favorite time is around midnight. Nonstop movement for what feels like 15 mins.

• Options
    I also had the double shots a few days ago, my arm is killing me! 
    I've gone plenty of times with nothing for 30min or whatever, but then like a kick a thon in a 5 min period - my doc says that's just fine. 
  • Options
    Thanks all. I'm at 28 weeks as of Friday, have an OB appt. next week. I'll feel nothing for hours at a time, but I know they sleep in there, but then I'll have periods where he/she is doing freaking gymnastics. Or twerking. Because it feels like a butt hitting me a lot...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @nerdtoyourmother, the Rhogam is a bitch. But I’ve ALWAYS gotten it in my arm. And I have had like 15... between pregnancies and losses. Except this pregnancy, when I was spotting at 6 weeks, my RE was like “bend over” and I was like.... What?!?!?! I was so surprised.
  • Options
    Did anyone see that the author of Expecting Better released a new book about infant care yesterday called Cribsheet? I downloaded it and started reading it--I like it so far but she breezes through topics very quickly. 
  • Options
    @hestia14 I almost bought it yesterday but waited to give a little time for some reviews. I'm knee deep in parenting books right now as my formerly angelic infant has transitioned into full blown toddler and I'm like WTF WTF WTF  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @nerdtoyourmother haha that's his in utero nickname.

• Options
    Would it be weird to throw my dh a surprise birthday/congratulations get together with only family? We are not very social people so we don't have couple friends and the only people he talks to on occasion are his coworkers. 
  • Options
    @asupernovablizzardstorm I don’t think that’s weird! Kind of sounds like our situation and I know my DH wouldn’t feel weirded by that. I say go for it if you think he’d enjoy it. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Options
    Ugh, I’m only 10 mins into my 3 hour glucose test and I feel like crap. 
  • Options
    @asupernovablizzardstorm not at all! I still essentially live in my hometown but my husband isn't originally from the area. For his birthday a couple of weeks ago, I got a group of all of our friends, girls are mine, but then now the guys are all his, and some of my family to do axe throwing for his birthday, it was awesome!
  • Options
    @asupernovablizzardstorm Surprise parties are the best! I’d say go for it! 
  • Options
    @asupernovablizzardstorm As long as he's the type to be okay with it? My DH would shudder in horror, super introvert, no surprises for him. 

@jenniferjoy37 Ugh, I'm so sorry, did you have to fast for it?
  • Options
    @foodislove yep. Fasting. I had a black cup of coffee this morning because I can’t deal without coffee.... but that’s it. I feel better now that I’m on hour 2. It was just that first 30
    mins where I felt really hot and nauseous. I’m definitely planning a trip to Einstein’s bagels after. 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 Enjoy that bagel momma!

Need some good mom vibes in my direction. Going on day four of our kid with a fever, possibly the flu from the symptoms based on feedback from my O16 BMB. DH is home with him today, but I took M-W, and I'm fried I can't even concentrate on work now that I'm here. I ache all over because I've slept on an air mattress for two nights in a row to keep M calm when he woke up coughing/retching. And now I may be coming down with the same thing.

I need to catch a break. I don't know if I'm ever going to be ready at this rate for two.
  • Options
    10-state recall on 80/20 ground beef. Affected states are Kentucky, Tennessee Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Ohio and Virginia. (It looks like this only affects restaurants that were shipped 24-lb containers of ground beef.)

https://www.consumerreports.org/food-recalls/ground-beef-recalled-on-e-coli-fears/ 
  • Options
    @foodislove oh nooo. I'm so sorry!!! FWIW, I don't think throwing up is usually associated with the flu so fingers crossed it's at least not that! But I literally shudder at the thought of stomach bugs after our experience this winter. I really hope you don't get it and your little guy feels better soon!