August 2019 Moms

Monday B*fest, 4/15

2»

Re: Monday B*fest, 4/15

• @sourlemon YES! I had to go a size up in jeans for that reason, even though they're full panel. 
  • I'm too cheap to buy more clothes. This is my last pregnancy. I might have to alter a few of my dress pants just to make it through because they are getting too tight in the butt. Im just not sure the best way to do that without making them look dumb lol. I wish I could wear stretchy pants to work! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • @oklahomak that was my one break-down when pregnant with the twins. I needed to find a winter jacket and was barely in the 2nd tri and all maternity coats were just fitting and not leaving ANY room for growth. I had been a S when I got pregnant and had to buy a 2XL  (non maternity) coat to have room to grow (and I needed every bit of it) but man seeing the tag size was so rough.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 That is the worst :( Do they even make maternity coats (that are actually warm)?
  • @MamaK225 GIRL-boobs. I was an F, and finally had to go up to an H because I was so uncomfortable and spilling out of the old bras. I've heard it's harder to breast feed with a larger chest because it might require two hands. I'm like.... great.... something to look forward to ;)

I feel your pain!

@chillycanadian Something I've learned is that you can't be responsible for somebody else's mental health when you've done all you can. We are all responsible for our own. Everybody is right- you have too much riding on you now than eight years ago. Block him, report him, and walk away with your sanity.
  • Annoyed for my sister. A couple weeks ago she was without power for a day when an underground transformer blew. Now her power is out again because a pole fell due to termites.  WTF PG&E is certainly not doing their job.  Shes getting dry ice now to save all her breast milk. 
  • @flagchic - I was a G/H when I delivered (and breastfed) DD1, GOOD GRACIOUS it was terrifying. I was so worried I'd suffocate her little 6 lb, 9 oz self. If you are planning to attempt BF, I absolutely recommend foregoing the original u-shaped Boppy (it does us endowed ladies NO help) and use a flat-ish pillow instead. I highly recommend the Football Hold until you find another position that works, but that was what I used 99% of the time because cross-body and other normal positions just DO NOT work (unless you are very flexible) and had me overly stressed because I was worried about suffocation. I'm 24 weeks tomorrow and somewhere between a 36I/36J. I might just look for my old water polo helmet and use those, like *how* are they growing when I've gained zero pounds from pre-pregnancy weight!? (I lost 15 in Tri1, I've gained back about 10, so am technically down 5).

@agpandme - That is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable. I hope they find a solution soon, trying to build a stash is stressful enough - I can't imagine it being threatened with these power issues!!
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)