December 2019 Moms
Options

April STM/STM+ Check-In

Anyone interested in a STM/STM+ Monthly Check In (open to thoughts on this, just following suit of other BMBs)

Due Date/W+D:

Other kiddos/ages:

Nails/Fails:

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary?

Appointments?

Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? 

Re: April STM/STM+ Check-In

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Nailed It @bakerstreetboys Sometimes I feel like I could be on that show. I usually on the FAILED side of baking haha. Also, on the appt subjest. When they called me with my updated betas Friday she tried scheduling my appt for 9 weeks and I was all "UMMMM NO" Not sure if you looked at my history, but I need a 6w appointment. Just for confirmation. I dont even to pay for it out of pocket.

• Options
    Due Date/W+D: December 9, 6+0

Other kiddos/ages: Charlotte (4 in a few weeks), Otto (1.5)

Nails/Fails: Just packed our entire house ALONE (husband started work already) in one week with both kids to move cross country. Movers came Friday, we fly out tomorrow! 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? So ready to be out of this house and closer to family (we’ve lived 2000 miles away since my first was 4 months old!). But also not looking forward to staying with the in-laws for a few months while we’re house hunting.

Appointments? Had one at 4 weeks, just bloodwork, just in case it takes a minute to set up insurance after the move. Everything looked great!

Questions? None!

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? Watching sibling relationships form  <3 I’m so close with mine and it’s so fun to hear my two laughing in the next room together.
  • Options
    @klmcguire Those look so good! I’m helping plan my sisters baby shower soon so might hit you up for recipes.
  • Options
    @ladybird_ladybird I love that also! The games they make up with each other! 

There is a light at the end of the tunnel of your move! You will be there soon! I can't imagine packing everything and moving by myself. 

• Options
    @klmcguire Those look so good! I’m helping plan my sisters baby shower soon so might hit you up for recipes.
    they were super easy! Let me know if you need them!
  • Options
    Due Date- December 5, 6w3d

Other kiddos- DS is 8, he’ll be 9 on December 14th

Nails/Fails- This morning after dropping DS at school, on end of our dogs had diarrhea in her crate 🤮 on top of morning routines, getting myself ready for my appt, and wrangling the other 2 dogs I managed to bathe her, clean up the mess, and not vomit!

Rants/Raves- none

Appointments- first was today and went well, next is on the 29th. 

GTKY- one of my favorite parts is hearing I love you and getting hugs for no reason. At 8 DS has become more mature and it’s so fun to see his personality blossom. 
  • Options
    @klmcguire I laugh so hard at that show :D  I've taken to telling my kids "ya done"!  And no, there's no way I'm waiting until 9 weeks either!
    @ladybird_ladybird Wow, I'm impressed!  I get tired just thinking about packing up a house!  Hopefully you aren't with your in-laws for too long.
    @k_mama91 Omg, I think I would have died if my dog had done that!  Nice u/s pic...twins?!
  • Options
    Due Date/W+D: December 15th- 5w1d

Other kiddos/ages: 2 year old DD

Nails/Fails: DH travels for work and I think I got a good handle on Mommying solo....throwing another kid in the mix should be interesting.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Working on potty training and DD only had one accident with underwear on all weekend! She did poop in her diaper at nap but still good!! 

Appointments? Next Thursday, I will be 6w4d

Questions? Not right now

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? Having a mini version of yourself that loves you unconditionally- I am looking forward to continuing the same special bond a mother and daughter share similar to my mom and I. We are very close! 
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys Hope you have a great first day! 

@klmcguire your desserts look delish! You did a great job!

@ladybird_ladybird I hope the rest of your move goes smoothly!

@k_mama91 That’s the worst- you definitely nailed it!

@Spartanrd4 I would agree, the mini version of yourself is the best!!

Due Date/W+D: 12/1.  7w1d

Other kiddos/ages: 2.5 year old girl

Nails/Fails: Work is kicking my ass. I’ve got so much more responsibility and less resources. I feel pretty spread thin so depending on the day will depend on the answer. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I don’t have any major complaints other than it snowed yesterday and I’m over it. It’s messing with my sinuses so bad and I can’t take anything!

Appointments? We have our first ultrasound next Monday... can’t wait! I’ll be interested to see if my due date changes. It got moved up with my daughter.

Questions? Not yet!

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? Seeing the world through my child’s eyes and getting to experience the magic of childhood again through her. My daughter’s imagination is just blooming and I love watching it!
  • Options
    @sunshineandlemons thats rough! We went from about 75 yesterday to 40 today. Hello sinus infection!

@bakerstreetboys I did cry about it (thanks hormones) and yes it is twins!! I’m cautiously optimistic and hope to see/hear both heartbeats at our next appointment.
  • Options
    Due Date/W+D: December 3/6w6d

Other kiddos/ages: 16-month boy

Nails/Fails: Fail: realized on my way to work today that I had no idea what we were eating for dinner tonight and I needed to figure it out since DH was working late.  Nail: I suddenly remembered that I had frozen a pan of lasagna about a month ago. Hooray! And baby boy cooperated at the grocery store! 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Starting to notice a little more nausea maybe but it's still way less than last time! I've read that breastfeeding can reduce morning sickness, so maybe that's what's going on? It makes me a little nervous, but I guess I'll take it .

Appointments? None until my first ultrasound the second week of May. Booo.

Questions? Nothing comes to mind

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? I love watching his little personality develop. He's so sweet but so ornery! 
  • Options
    @klmcquire the food looks awesome and good job not telling anyone.  I am awful at keeping secrets.
    @bakerstreetboys good luck with the new job.  I can imagine how exciting and scary that is!
    @ladybird_ladybird good luck with the move and staying with family.  We moved last year, and my illness and our pickiness, we ended up staying with family for about a year.  It had it’s difficulties, but the meal sharing and extra help was hard to leave.

• Options
    Due Date/W+D: 12/23 4w1d I think

Other kiddos/ages: dd is 8 and ds is 6

Nails/Fails: I came one from work yesterday and got lunches, dinner, clothes for tomorrow and stuff ready within an hour.  Which allowed me to lay down and take a nap while laying with ds watching paw patrol.  Fail was dinner was crappy because I forgot to get potatoes to make the meal I planned and nothing else sounded appetizing.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary?  DD was severe anxiety and she is on a new medication, really low dose since a lot of meds make her manic or aggressive after a bit.  So, she wakes up several times a night screaming for me to come and sleep with her.  

Appointments?  Had a quick one yesterday with my obgyn.  TW essentially he just went over the odds of another molar pregnancy, betas drawn and he told me he will call me today and I will schedule an ultrasound maybe this week End TW

Questions? None

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent?   The sibling bond.  Sometimes they act like they are going to kill each other, but the times they aren’t is amazing to watch TW I lost my only brother about 2 years ago ( I am due on the 3rd anniversary of when we found out he died) but since his death, I appreciate the sibling bond so much more.
  • Options
    Due Date/W+D: December 11th; 5w6d

Other kiddos/ages: 8 year old son and 5 (almost 6) year old daughter

Nails/Fails: I nailed getting my flower pots planted this past weekend, they have to stay at the greenhouse for a few more weeks thanks to our midwest "springs" but it's done! Fail: gave myself laryngitis by going to said greenhouse and going off my allergy meds.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I feel like I am much further along than I am this time...want to wear maternity pants thanks to the bloat, uncomfortable sleeping, losing globs of hair...ughh

Appointments? April 26th 7w2d

Questions? Not today.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? I agree with a lot of you, watching their personalities develop and the snuggles especially from DS. 
    IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Due Date/W+D:
    6w6d - date could very much change cause last appt I was very early. 

Other kiddos/ages:
    my boys are 3 and 1(will be 2 in June)

Nails/Fails:
    I have been feeling really discouraged at work, since everything is commission based, but I've finally landed 2 good serious clients!

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? 
    This morning sickness is to real!! I don't remember actual sickness till about 8w. No I've been sick like a dog for a week now. None stop. Nothing helps. I can't get anything done in my house, my 3yr old has been my rock, helping his little brother and me, I feel terrible about it. 

Appointments? 
    April 24th

Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? 
    I love seeing how well they've picked up on all the good things we teach them. Of course they'll do their wicked stuff, but they are truly so kind and have so much love. I love when they are so sweet on their own, with random I love yous, and hugs. 
  • Options
    k_mama91k_mama91 member
    edited April 2019
    @sdegrootmom3 I’ve already been wearing some maternity pants. Depending on the day I am SO bloated I look about 5 months along. It is crazy!

@holly321 I’m so sorry about your brother. I have a younger brother and we lost my dad unexpectedly 3 years ago. With divorced parents we really leaned on each other and that really pushed me to want my son to have a sibling bond.
  • Options
    @LM1007 I am kind of having a midlife crisis with my career. It is a salary, but mostly commission and I am stressed beyond relief. Hang in there. :) Maybe we will feel better soon.

• Options
    Due Date/W+D: December 14th; 5w4d

Other kiddos/ages: 4.5 year old daughter and 2 almost 3 year old son

Nails/Fails: Nail was prepping for the week by meal planning and setting out kids clothes for the week and ordering groceries online for pick up last night after week. Fail has been really getting out of my exercise routine the last two weeks - just so tired and making excuses so I need to get back to it!

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I Don’t know how to hide this bloat! It’s so obvious to me and I’m terrified people are going to notice if it doesn’t die down soon.

Appointments? Not until May 13th :(

Questions? Not today.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? Love seeing how different my two kiddos are but each have their own great traits!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have a question now, haha. If we want to make this the GTKY question for next week, that’s fine. 😊

Are you having any cravings or aversions and are any similar to last time? For me, I wouldn’t necessarily call it a craving but I can’t get enough fruit. Also, eating tons of sweet tarts. The only aversion I had was liquid cheese (queso and the like 😱) and luckily haven’t had that issue yet.
  • Options
    Due Date/W+D: December 18; 5weeks+6

Other kiddos/ages: 3.5 Daughter

Nails/Fails: I've managed to cross off 90% of my personal to-do list for the week already. The last thing is I need to call my daughter's dentist and insurance again because we're having issues with the coding of something. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I'm so bloated already. It seems to get worse in the afternoons and I have to unbutton my pants to be comfortable, and then by the time I get home I have to change out of my work pants. I'm not too sure how long I'll be able to hide this if the bloating keeps up. 

Appointments? viability u/s May 1st and first midwife appointment May 21

Questions? 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? I love the innocents and the snuggles. 
  • Options
    @sunshineandlemons Mine was salad for my first 2 pregnancies that I couldnt get enough of. This time it is eggs, but when I eat eggs I get sick. So double edged sword lol.

• Options
    @sunshineandlemons I’m craving fruit popsicles, pears, and eating the crap out of skittles! Aversions so far are chicken. With ds it was ground beef, not an issue yet. I would die if I couldn’t eat queso! 
  • Options
    Due Date/W+D: EDD 12/22, 4w3d

Other kiddos/ages:6 & 4 (2 boys)

Nails/Fails: Fails lately is the lack of desire to cook dinner. We have been leaning to eggs and sandwiches. Hopefully I can get my act together.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? none currently

Appointments? Just scheduled today for 5/10

Questions? @klmcguire Are boys rough and tumble? When my second was born DS turned 2 the week before so he wasn't into so much of the boy play as they both are now. Just trying to figure how cautious to be as time goes forward. 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? Watching them sleep and the smile on their face when they come into my room in the morning. 
  • Options
    @ajdietz I am so excited to see you have 2 boys the same ages as mine! They are real rough, mainly with each other and the dog... It gets out of hand every once in a while, but for the most part they stay pretty civil haha! 

• Options
    @klmcguire
    my little one is the bruiser 4 y/o and 50 lbs.. he likes to just throw himself at me. How and when do you plan on telling your boys?
  • Options
    @ajdietz I am having such a hard time with it because *TW for anyone reading I have had 3 losses and one at 9 weeks that the kids already knew about. It was really hard to explain * END tw. May 13 we are taking them to Vegas with us and we plan on telling them when if everything looks good at our 6 week appt next week. 

• Options
    Due Date/W+D: EDD 12/12/19 5W+6

Other kiddos/ages: DD 3.5 years old

Nails/Fails: Started a new job in Medical Billing/Coding Monday that I know absolutely nothing about but doing pretty okay so far! Feeling so tired lately that I haven’t done laundry in over a week, DD and I are running out of clothes, guess I’ll have to start it soon, ugh 😓 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Keeping this pregnancy hushed until SO is ready to let the world now, but it’s getting harder to keep it to myself! 

Appointments? Going to my 5th appointment so far on Thursday, hoping to have a US soon but Dr is just worried about my BP right now when I all I wanna do is seen the little bean! 

Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? The joy she brings me, I never wanted to be a mother but I’m certainly glad it happened! She’s been asking for a baby brother, I can’t wait to tell her and see her face the moment she first feels baby kick! 
  • Options
    @sunshineandlemons All 3 pregnancies craving sweets and aversions to most things savory, especially meats  :s
  • Options
    @klmcguire That stinks that eggs end up making you sick! Hopefully, a new craving will come along that doesn’t make you sick. 

@k_mama91 and @ladybird_ladybird I’ve never had an aversion to meats thankfully! I have a friend who had it so bad, she couldn’t even cook chicken without feeling sick. Hopefully, yours isn’t that bad!
  • Options
    @ladybird_ladybird I couldn't handle meat in any of my previous pregnancies either. Mostly anything hot made me want to die. 

@sunshineandlemons No worries for the amount of eggs that I haven't eaten I have counteracted with Jolly Rancher Jelly beans ;) I will be glad for the easter candy to be gone.

• Options
    @sunshineandlemons So far no cravings or adversions but I’m only 6 weeks. Last pregnancy I didn’t get symptoms till I was 11 weeks. I craved this white cake with strawberries from Ralph’s and jalapeños, seriously the only thing I could keep down was the cake! I went through 1 a week! I made the mistake of eating a jalapeño( I don’t do anything spicy!) not only was my mouth on fire, but it hurt coming back up as well! I will not give into that craving this go around!! 
  • Options
    Due Date/W+D: EDD: Dec 27

Other kiddos/ages: DS almost 22 months 

Nails/Fails: I tried using plastic eggs for easter which claimed to "dye just like real eggs!" Total fail. Not only did they float (duh), they also didn't hold dye at all. So I did an emergency hard-boil of 6 eggs so that we could use the dye we had already mixed. BUT he loved searching for plastic eggs in the yard so overall I'd say Easter as a whole was a "nailed it"

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? - I'm so excited, but also worried that I will spill the beans accidentally before I intend to. We live with my in-laws, so being careful about what I'm eating, and dealing with "pregnancy brain" could prove tricky. Thankfully a lot of things like medication and alcohol are covered by the fact I'm still breastfeeding DS. 

Appointments? - waiting to get accepted by my midwife clinic

Questions? - N/A

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? - The fact that when he laughs or smiles everything else becomes unimportant. Random hugs and kisses, and just the fact that I'm his absolutely favourite person in the world. 

• Options
    Due Date/W+D: 12.31 - 3+6

Other kiddos/ages: DS - 4 (D14 Baby). DD - 2.5 (O16 Baby)

Nails/Fails: Still working my small shop despite wanting to curl into a ball and cry (anxious mess). I call that a win! :blush:

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? none currently

Appointments? 8wk on May 20th

Questions? Nervous about the transition from 2 to 3! Someone tell me it'll all be ok and I won't go completley crazy!  :p

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? Seeing the world through my children's eyes. Some things are so ordinary to us, are incredibly special for these little kids! The first time they accomplish something new, seeing their excitement and sharing in their joy is such an incredible feeling! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• Options
    @CapricaAndrea I wondered if those eggs would work! I am glad to know that they don't because I contemplated them haha. 

• Options
    GG620GG620 member
    Due Date/W+D:  EDD 12/19 - 5w5d

Other kiddos/ages: DD 13 months

Nails/Fails: Nailed a huge case at work wooott. Fail is that I forgot to brush my teeth after being up all night and rushing off to work. I am here at work chewing gum ha  :#  

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? My poor daughter is super sick and cutting 4 teeth and up all night inconsolable. This poor mama is tiiirrreeeddd. 

Appointments? follow-up u/s on Friday to check growth

Questions? None that I can think of right now

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent?  All the snuggles!!! And her look of wonder whenever she sees something new in the world <3

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Options
    Due Date/W+D: 12/25 4 + 6

Other kiddos/ages: DD 2 yo

Nails/Fails: I can’t think of any right now 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I think this week is gonna be a struggle 

Appointments? 5/14 first OB appt

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent? I love developing her personality. I can see how she has my traits and my husbands traits. I also love the unconditional love. Especially on bad days. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    Due Date/W+D: 12.28 / 4w4d

Other kiddos/ages: DS 6.5 / DD 5 

Nails/Fails: Nailed the Easter Baskets this year.  I‘m failing miserably at getting my house cleaned up after my ILs were
    in town and we hosted Easter. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I just gave my crib away two weeks ago. Should have known I’d end up KU after that. :|

Appointments? Haven't scheduled my 1st appointment yet. Need to call tomorrow (was supposed to call today!) 

Questions? Nope. 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent?  The hugs and kisses.  And the random “Mommy, I love you”s <3

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    Due Date/W+D: 12/23, 5w1d

Other kiddos/ages: daughter is 6 and son is 3

Nails/Fails: planned in advance for a birthday present for a kid’s party this weekend AND got the lunch for a field trip later this week - so hard to remember that stuff and not do it last minute 🤣

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Pretty much donated all of our baby stuff after #2 because we thought we were done 😊

Appointments? I haven’t scheduled one yet...will find a birth center/midwives tomorrow. 

Questions? Nope.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about being a parent?  Right now? My son and daughter cuddled up with me after school when I was super tired and we all snuggled in - I love when they really lean into you with full love and trust