Baby Names

Variations of Jerry

If baby #3 is a boy, I would like to honor my late grandfather in some way. His name was Jerry Dee. As much as i loved him, I'm not terribly fond of either name. Any suggestions? Is there a name, other than Jeremiah (nms) that Jerry could be short for? I like Jay, but it seems to be a bit of a stretch.
I'm open to either a fn or mn placement. 
One option we'd consider is Desmond Jay.

Our son is Theodore Robert. 

Thanks! 

Re: Variations of Jerry

• Other names we like: Arthur, Miles, Liam, Leo
  • You could do Gerard. Goes well with Theodore too. Jeremy works too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Gerard is a great name! Gerald would be another. 
  • Jerome or Jared
  • Could you just use his initials (J and D) but come up with names that are your style? 
  • Jonah is really the only "J" name that I care for. I did consider Jem, short for Jeremy as the character in To Kill A Mockingbird. But Jeremy has always sounded a bit like germy, and Jem seems odd as a stand alone name. 

Jonah Desmond?
    Jonah Dominic?
    Jonah Daniel? 
    Jay Desmond?
    Jeremy (Jem) Middlename?

Or would it be too weird to have the initial J be a middle name?

IE: Desmond J. Lastname

• You could use his initials J and D, and name the baby
    Jed
  • Honestly, I don't like Theodore with Jonah.  My personal thought.  

I do not like PP suggestion of Jed, especially with a strong name like Theodore.   Gerard would still be my top contender. 

But, are you now going away from names that can use Jerry as a NN?
  • Jeremiah is a beautiful name, that can stand with Theodore well enough.
  • @captainanna, I forgot to mention that I teach high school, so I have past student associations with many names, including Jeremiah. 

Gerard really doesn't do it for me. I do like Jed, actually, but I'm not sure it would be a strong stand alone name.

I suppose I could also include my maiden name (my grandpa's last name) as a middle. 

Or, #3 may be a girl after all and this could be a moot point. 

• @captainanna, I forgot to mention that I teach high school, so I have past student associations with many names, including Jeremiah. 

Gerard really doesn't do it for me. I do like Jed, actually, but I'm not sure it would be a strong stand alone name.

I suppose I could also include my maiden name (my grandpa's last name) as a middle. 

Or, #3 may be a girl after all and this could be a moot point. 

My nephew is "Jed Larson Lastname" stand alone. He is 22 years old and it has worked fine for him.

• Jedidiah nn Jed
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • DH has a name much like Jerry and used to go by Jay. Not much of a stretch. I could also suggest picking other names you like to get the initials JD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20